just a quickie review of where we ate during our 3 weeks at WDW (on the dining plan)

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
just back from 3 weeks at WDW....
since we were on the dining plan, naturally we had lots of TS meals....

so just a quickie review on each....i'll be happy to answer any questions regarding where we ate

we were at WDW from august 3 to august 25.
we ate at the following TS locations - presented in the order that we experienced them:

1. Tusker House (Animal Kingdom) - lunch - we ate at Tusker House 4 times. There are a few other TS locations at AK, but when eating with very small children, Tusker House's character buffet made the most sense to us.
The food was excellent and the character interaction was outstanding - the best character lunch buffet on property!!

2. San Angel Inn (Epcot inside the Mexico pavilion) - lunch - lovely setting, great service, excellent food. We also ate here for dinner on another night. Again, excellent food and service.

3. Cinderella's Royal Table (Magic Kingdom) - lunch - amazing setting, extraordinary service (from both the waiter and the chef), good food and great princess interaction!!

4. 50's Prime Time (Disney's Hollywood Studios) - lunch - we asked for a very interactive waiter and we got one - he was fantastic!! we didn't stop laughing the entire meal. And of course we all had milkshakes (they are to die for here). The menu has also been revamped and we found the food to be very good as well. We ate here a second time the following week. We asked for our waiter, but he was on his day off, but they assured us the server would be very interactive. And indeed she was. Absolutely great and hysterically funny!!! And again the food was good. We all very much enjoyed both of our meals there.

5. Hollywood and Vine - Minnie's seasonal dinner (DHS) - dinner - i booked this for the double dining package - both the pixar concert and fantasmic. To book the double dining package i had to call disney dining (only the single packages were available to be booked online). we weren't expecting much from the meal, but we ended up enjoying it. The food was good (not as good as tusker house, but good). And the character interaction was also very good. And the dining package seats at pixar and fantasmic were outstanding!! Definitely worth getting the dining package even just for that.

6. 1900 Park Fare (grand floridian) - dinner - we were very disappointed by our meal at 1900 park fare. Partly because we'd so much enjoyed it the last time we ate there (6 years ago). This time, the food was only so so, the character interaction was also less than stellar. Cinderella was outstanding this time, but her stepmom and step sisters weren't the best. Given the mediocre food and character interaction, we won't be eating there again.

7. Crystal Palace (MK) - lunch - another mediocre experience. on the bright side, the character interaction here was very good, so i might eat here again, if only to meet winnie and friends. But maybe next time we'll go for breakfast, as the lunch was definitely not good.

8. Coral Reef (Epcot) - lunch - very good - the food and service were both good and the kids enjoyed seeing the fish. My grandson especially enjoys looking at fish and loves the nemo pavilion, so for that alone it was worth it. But the food and service were also very good and worth a visit just for that even without the view.

9. the Plaza restaurant (MK) - lunch - excellent - we ate here twice. Good hamburgers and veggie burgers. And very good service. also great milkshakes and desserts!! We had lunch at the plaza three times. One of our favorites on property.

10. Beaches and Cream (Beach Club resort) - lunch - we ate here twice as well. Great hamburgers and super great veggie burger (best one on property). And very good service. And of course great milkshakes and desserts!!!

11. Yak & Yeti (animal kingdom) - lunch - excellent food and service.

12. La Hacienda de San Angel (Epcot - Mexico - the outside one) - dinner - excellent service and food - both restaurants in mexico are great - with great food and service.

13. Be Our Guest (MK) - dinner - good food and service. The kids were too scared to meet the beast.
Pretty setting, but we only ate here once, though i had another ADR which i cancelled.

14. Sci fi (DHS) - enjoyable as always. they've changed the menu, so they didn't have my favorite thing, but the service and food were still good.

I think that's all the TS locations we ate at.

For counter service, we mostly ate at Earl of Sandwich or at our resort (SSR).
Inside the parks, we ate once at cosmic rays (horrible - beyond horrible), once at electric umbrella (surprisingly good) and once in Morocco (good as always).

we didn't eat in the land this time as they've changed the menu - we couldn't find anything we wanted.

Last edited:
3 weeks!?!?!?!? That's amazing! Thanks for the reviews :)

sounds like a long time, but it went by in a flash....just not enough time...
if we could have stayed for longer, we definitely would have...
even in 3 weeks, there was a ton of stuff we didn't have time for!! :)

i should add that my reviews were obviously affected by the fact that we didn't have to "pay" for the meals, just use dining credits...

Wow I would love to go to Disney for three weeks in a row! Sounds like a great trip! Loved your reviews

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter