Jungle Book/Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout thread for Dates After Sept 5th

I forgot that weekend was labor day weekend, lol. duh! You have a lot of people here for december salivating hoping RoL will be worked out by then! me one of them. 7:30 close would be fine with me, it is enough time to get back to our room at the boardwalk and walk over for 9:30 illuminations one additional time (yay for parkhoppers). I can't imagine what I'd do at AK at 10pm anyway :) for me it would likely just be see RoL and head out.

It sure takes a lot of planning doesn't it?! :) I would really like to see Kilimanjaro Safari's just before/around sunset as I've heard it's better then than after dark. My plan was to get a 6:45ish FP (with a 7:15 sunset) and then go to JB/RoL after that. Not sure if my plan will work or not, all depends what time JB/RoL is showing....if it's showing.

LOL - However do people enjoy their Disney trips when they don't obsess over them day and night months and months in advance??!!! :P

It sure takes a lot of planning doesn't it?! :) I would really like to see Kilimanjaro Safari's just before/around sunset as I've heard it's better then than after dark. My plan was to get a 6:45ish FP (with a 7:15 sunset) and then go to JB/RoL after that. Not sure if my plan will work or not, all depends what time JB/RoL is showing....if it's showing.

LOL - However do people enjoy their Disney trips when they don't obsess over them day and night months and months in advance??!!! :P

interesting... I am curious to see what time nighttime shows are with a 7 or 7:30 close. I have a 4pm dinner at Y&Y but going in december... sunset is at 5:28. now wondering if maybe I should grab an EARLIER Y&Y (they have 3pm) so I can FP the safari right around sunset. Though maybe if I just show up early we will be out of there in time for a 5-6pm FP or something. throw another wrinkle in lol.

interesting... I am curious to see what time nighttime shows are with a 7 or 7:30 close. I have a 4pm dinner at Y&Y but going in december... sunset is at 5:28. now wondering if maybe I should grab an EARLIER Y&Y (they have 3pm) so I can FP the safari right around sunset. Though maybe if I just show up early we will be out of there in time for a 5-6pm FP or something. throw another wrinkle in lol.
Hmm, this gets me thinking too... I think a little after sunset is ok too for the safari ride. Someone on another thread said it's better during dusk which is a little after sunset? I think a 4pm reservation might work for that... I have a 4:20 for Tiffins right now, which I would like to change to ROL when it comes out... here's to hoping and obsessing! :rotfl:

well duh, I am a dope. I forget how early sunset will be in mid November (5:33PM). was considering the late nights for the 6 year old in our family but will only be 2 late nights for sure (Wishes, Illuminations) and right now do not if there will be StarWars fireworks and ROL.

Hmm, this gets me thinking too... I think a little after sunset is ok too for the safari ride. Someone on another thread said it's better during dusk which is a little after sunset? I think a 4pm reservation might work for that... I have a 4:20 for Tiffins right now, which I would like to change to ROL when it comes out... here's to hoping and obsessing! :rotfl:

Yeah it's true I guess, just read more about dusk and twilight than I care to know but yes, up to about 1.5 hours after actual sunset there is some sunlight visible with the most in the half hour after. so probably FP in the 5-6pm range would be nice.

Later Dinner times have opened up for Tusker House and Tiffins for October at least. No Jungle Book show packages yet tho.

Following along. Pretty much done my planning for my birthday trip in December. One night left open for ROL dining package for our AK day. Doing the Wild Africa Trek in the AM.

So the Jungle book isn't worth the time? I guess we are going in late Sept and I'm not sure I should even look into this anymore. Thoughts?

So the Jungle book isn't worth the time? I guess we are going in late Sept and I'm not sure I should even look into this anymore. Thoughts?
im in the same boat as you. i have a TH reservation already and will be moving to the dining package once available but not sure its worth it. normally we use our animal kingdom day to eat at Disney Springs or a resort and dont typically eat in the park. not saying im not ready to enjoy TH but we dont need all day at AK to do what we want to do and if we can skip out early then we will.

We're going later this month and just canceled our TH dining package and are thinking about cancelling the FP+ reservation we currently hold. I watched the video of Jungle Book and was jaw-droppingly unimpressed. And out of my many Disney friends who have seen the show, exactly one said they enjoyed it and would entertain the idea of going back to see it again. We'll stay for the Tree of Life Awakening, but I have no real desire to see JB anymore.

We're going later this month and just canceled our TH dining package and are thinking about cancelling the FP+ reservation we currently hold. I watched the video of Jungle Book and was jaw-droppingly unimpressed. And out of my many Disney friends who have seen the show, exactly one said they enjoyed it and would entertain the idea of going back to see it again. We'll stay for the Tree of Life Awakening, but I have no real desire to see JB anymore.
I haven't read anything good about it. I am waiting for december info and kind of hoping that RoL is not open yet so I can take it off my plate (don't shoot me!)... JB is already off my list. I could use the extra night to fit everything in.

After reading your question last night @vinotinto I posted a question on the board asking for feedback from those who have seen Jungle Book. You can find that thread here. Mixed reviews but it seems most feel it's okay or not really worth going to. Some really like it though so as always it's personal opinion. Hopefully that helps with your decision.

For myself, unless park hours change (currently closing at 7:30 the night we're there and I'm not anticipating an extension) I'm going to probably skip JB and go to Kilimanjaro Safari at dusk and watch the Tree of Life show.

After reading your question last night @vinotinto I posted a question on the board asking for feedback from those who have seen Jungle Book. You can find that thread here. Mixed reviews but it seems most feel it's okay or not really worth going to. Some really like it though so as always it's personal opinion. Hopefully that helps with your decision.

For myself, unless park hours change (currently closing at 7:30 the night we're there and I'm not anticipating an extension) I'm going to probably skip JB and go to Kilimanjaro Safari at dusk and watch the Tree of Life show.

In early Oct, hoping to do safari at sunset, Everest at night, Tree of Life Awakenings and JB show but it will be hard to fit all that in between 7PM Sunset and 7:30 close...lol...they gotta be extending hours...

I saw some information on the Tree of Life and the times, but now I don't know where I saw them. Could someone point in the right direction?

I saw some information on the Tree of Life and the times, but now I don't know where I saw them. Could someone point in the right direction?
My understanding is that these are not published but that it just happens at a variety of times throughout the night.

If someone has other information about actual times that would be great!

The challenge for those of us going after Sept 5th is that there is currently only minutes between sunset and park closing so I'm not sure how much we'll see unless that change the park hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter