June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

So happy to hear this!
I love WDW's TOT but also enjoyed the DCA version and was sad to hear about GOTG taking over.
I've never seen the movie so I guess I should watch it.
But I'm just so excited to go up and down in June! :)

It's a really fun movie! Definitely worth a watch! I'm also so excited to "go up and down in June" lol!

It's a really fun movie! Definitely worth a watch! I'm also so excited to "go up and down in June" lol!

Us too. There's been so much negativity about this new ride, and I understand the old one was well loved, but people were always comparing it to WDW and saying how much better the WDW version is. Now the rides are different, and this new one has the randomization (not just in sequence, but in story) and the addition of cool music, and you still "go up and down." I am expecting good things from this ride, hope we're not disappointed.

Guys Summer of Heroes starts May 27th! The Guardians of the Galaxy ride will be open as well as some other fun specials you can read all about on the Disney Parks Blog HERE.

I'm so excited! I'm a HUGE Tower of Terror fan but this really sounds awesome!

I shared this with the family today. I think it all sounds cool. All but the line in the story that says, “The summer brings even more to get excited about over at Disneyland park as classic favorites return with the reopening of the Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America attractions, with the “Fantasmic!” nighttime spectacular returning later in the summer.”

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm guessing from that text we may not see those attractions open in June.

I shared this with the family today. I think it all sounds cool. All but the line in the story that says, “The summer brings even more to get excited about over at Disneyland park as classic favorites return with the reopening of the Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America attractions, with the “Fantasmic!” nighttime spectacular returning later in the summer.”

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm guessing from that text we may not see those attractions open in June.

Wow I was so excited about all the super hero stuff I didn't even see that line. Bummer - though I had heard the huge amount of rain lately had put them behind on those projects.

I'm such a huge fan of Marvel so I'm super excited for Mission Breakout. I loved Tower of Terror, don't get me wrong, but many kids today have no idea what Twilight Zone is. I'm glad they are turning it into something more current.

It could still open in June, maybe in late June. We can always hope.

Four months out and I want to start buying stuff, or...putting money towards the trip :D Other than parking, what can be pre-purchased this far out?

I have very little opinion on the Tower redo. The ride made me nauseated so I rarely went on it. I do worry about the ugliness of the exterior looking really out of place. Especially when the red trolley rolls by.

As far as purchasing things in advance....you can purchase the basics...park tickets, hotel (though usually you aren't charged yet), car rental, airfare. This time we might buy Disney gift cards to use towards souvenirs so we don't overspend like last time. :)

Four months out and I want to start buying stuff, or...putting money towards the trip :D Other than parking, what can be pre-purchased this far out?

You can prepurchase food and souvenirs by buying gift cards. We get Disney rewards in a gift card form and always use them to buy food. Most places in the park accept Disney gift cards as payment. Pretty much if they take a credit card they'll take a gift card. You could even purchase gift cards for other restaurants (non Disney) you plan to eat at if it helps you save the money you need. If you are a Target Red Card user (I really should get on that) you can save money by buying gift cards through them.

I'm glad I get the option to try Mission Breakout, but arriving on 6/10 (so close to its opening) makes me nervous of the influx of crowds just for it. I'm so used to WDW (where a new ride has insane waits for a year or more after opening) I'm just wondering how it'll affect the crowds over both parks.

We are doing 3 days at Disneyland/CA, and have another "FREE" day. We are already planning to go to the WOF, Griffith Observatory, and Santa Monica. Anyone have other suggestions? We are open to another theme park of some kind. Not sure how I'd feel about Universal (since we go to Universal Orlando often for Horror Nights.)

It's actually kind of a running joke in our family about the trains at Disney. It seems no matter when we go, or if its at WDW or Disneyland, they are always closed. :tongue:

I'm glad I get the option to try Mission Breakout, but arriving on 6/10 (so close to its opening) makes me nervous of the influx of crowds just for it. I'm so used to WDW (where a new ride has insane waits for a year or more after opening) I'm just wondering how it'll affect the crowds over both parks.

We are doing 3 days at Disneyland/CA, and have another "FREE" day. We are already planning to go to the WOF, Griffith Observatory, and Santa Monica. Anyone have other suggestions? We are open to another theme park of some kind. Not sure how I'd feel about Universal (since we go to Universal Orlando often for Horror Nights.)

It's actually kind of a running joke in our family about the trains at Disney. It seems no matter when we go, or if its at WDW or Disneyland, they are always closed. :tongue:

My suggestion would be to add another day to Disneyland. :D More Disney is always good.
If that just isn't what you want, and if your kids are older, and you like rollercoasters Six Flags is a pretty fun way to spend a day.

My suggestion would be to add another day to Disneyland. :D More Disney is always good.
If that just isn't what you want, and if your kids are older, and you like rollercoasters Six Flags is a pretty fun way to spend a day.

My husband and myself have been there twice. I think we are probably ok with just three days there. (In order to get everything done we want.) I felt like we got through a lot there, unlike WDW. I will check out Six Flags. I have a 6 y/o and a 17 y/o going with us.

My husband and myself have been there twice. I think we are probably ok with just three days there. (In order to get everything done we want.) I felt like we got through a lot there, unlike WDW. I will check out Six Flags. I have a 6 y/o and a 17 y/o going with us.

There won't be as much for your six-year old, but one nice thing about Six-Flags Magic Mountain is they have four roller coasters designed just for little ones. I don't know any other park that has so many coasters a small tyke can go on. We had season passes to a Six-Flags owned park in Nor CA last year that allowed us to also visit Magic Mountain. We took our kids there last summer (they were 6, 3, and 8 months). We found plenty to do, but the rides are definitely geared to thrill seekers.

Just rebooked our Disneyland trip from the week before Memorial Day to June 6th-10th BWPPI specifically for the Summer of Heroes! A little nervous for crowds since this is the first trip with all four kids, our oldest being tall enough for the 40" rides and no other family joining us to help out! Hoping it will be worth it! DD4 is a huge marvel fan (mostly the story books from daddy) and Black Widow is her favorite so this seemed like a "can't miss" for us. Now just to set reasonable expectations for what we can accomplish!

I finally found the thread!!

We're going from the 17-24th, but will only be in the Parks from the 20th to 24th as we're going to hit up Legoland, Universal, and Medieval Times!

We're staying at the Del Sol Inn the whole time tho.

Wheeee!!

You can prepurchase food and souvenirs by buying gift cards. We get Disney rewards in a gift card form and always use them to buy food. Most places in the park accept Disney gift cards as payment. Pretty much if they take a credit card they'll take a gift card. You could even purchase gift cards for other restaurants (non Disney) you plan to eat at if it helps you save the money you need. If you are a Target Red Card user (I really should get on that) you can save money by buying gift cards through them.

I 2nd this suggestion. I put $$ away on Disney gift cards for our "food in the parks" money. Non-Disney DTD restaurants won't take the Disney gift cards, but any of the DLR hotels do (in addition to DCA and DL, of course). What I don't think they let you use a gift card for, though, is a server's tip at a TS restaurant.

We're planning on going to the California Science Center and LA Natural History Museum on 1 of our "not at DL" days. The 2 museums are right next to each other. And the permanent exhibits at the CSC are free (although if you want to go on a weekend & see the space shuttle, you do need a reservation and that costs ~$2/person booked ahead of time). For the 4 of us at the Natural History Museum, I think admission is going to cost $34 total. Plus $12 cash to park.

We're planning on going to the California Science Center and LA Natural History Museum on 1 of our "not at DL" days. The 2 museums are right next to each other. And the permanent exhibits at the CSC are free (although if you want to go on a weekend & see the space shuttle, you do need a reservation and that costs ~$2/person booked ahead of time). For the 4 of us at the Natural History Museum, I think admission is going to cost $34 total. Plus $12 cash to park.

Oh goodness! I hadn't even seen anything about that yet! I just used the power of Google to check it out, and will definitely be looking more into it!! It looks like a great place!

Question (if anyone could help.) I'm much more used to WDW fastpass program, and not so much with Disneyland's paper-tickets. I know how it works, etc, just unsure of the best "plan" of what to grab in what order. I remember being able to grab a WOC one, in addition to a ride, right?

And which rides would you recommend in what order for each park? I know that's more on a personal level, but I just mean,... going by the most popular I suppose. Obviously Mission Breakout first in Disneyland I assume now.... but then what? I'm definitely an "Itinerary Maker" for my Disney trips, so I cant just go with the flow :sad2::rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!