June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

If you're choosing between Plaza Inn and Holly Jolly, I guess it depends on what you like. Go to Holly Jolly if you want sandwiches, soup, and salads. Plaza Inn I think you get a better meal and it's substantial, Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy.

Midnightred

It is the only week we can go... in between school ending here in PA and summer camp starting for the 11yo. The end of summer is all booked up w/ marching band camp for the 15yo!

I really think it's a pretty good week to go. Early June has so many grad parties and other school groups that it is crowded even without summer tourists. Add in that the local passes are still unblocked and early June can be crazy. The week you're going the cheapest local pass is blocked for the rest of summer and the other local pass is blocked Wed-Saturday. That helps with crowds too. It's full on summer tourist season as most schools are out, but I still think it's less busy than July. We had a good experience when we went that week in 2014. Busy, but not crazy. And since it's summer the closures are kept to a minimum. There's no guarantee anything on the river will be reopened, but we can hope.

I keep seeing new hotel threads showing up and it gets me distracted from Hojo's. Over the weekend, I saw somebody talking about Hyatt House at Harbor Blvd & Katella and thought, "Hm, maybe we should stay there instead" since it includes free hot breakfast.

So I actually looked at it and without a parking fee, it would end up about the same as staying at Hojo's. But if they do charge for parking, then it's more expensive. And I don't know if Hyatt House lets you keep your car in their lot all day on check out day like Hojo's does. PLUS I showed the kids pictures & video of the pool & splash pad areas at Hojo's, so the kids are super excited about staying at Hojo's.

....so after all of that looking & thinking about it, we're sticking with Hojo's. :rotfl2:I'm laughing at myself right now because I need to just stop looking and stick with the good room rate that we have already.

I'm thinking of switching around our itinerary a little. Same dates overall of the trip, but slightly different plan for what we'll do each day. YDD wants to go to the San Diego zoo. DH & I really want to take the kids to the California Science Center as well. AND I want to go to DL for 5 days since the t 5-day park hoppers really aren't that much more than 4 day park hoppers.

So here's 1 option: What do you guys think? Looking for opinions. :thumbsup2
  • Sat 5/27 - drive to San Diego :drive:
  • Sun 5/28 - San Diego zoo
  • Mon 5/29 - see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie in am w/extended family pirate:. Leave extended family's house ~ 3pm. Drive to Riverside & overnight w/friends.
  • Tues 5/30 - leave Riverside ~ 9am. Check in at Hojo. Drive to downtown LA & go to CA Science Center. late lunch at Tam O'Shanter or a ramen noodle shop in downtown LA. Leave downtown by 3pm, goal is to be in Anaheim by 4pm. Evening at DL. Not sure if there's enough time to do the museum AND a meal outside the museum and be done by 3pm.
  • Wed 6/1 - DL/CA day 2. ODD's bday celebration day, so she gets to pick the TS restaurant we'll go to.:bday:
  • Thurs 6/2 - DL/DCA day 3. Use Magic Morning entry today. This is YDD's actual birthday. She wants to do the character meal at the Plaza Inn for breakfast. So we have another :bday:!!!
  • Fri 6/3 - DL/DCA day 4.
  • Sat 6/4 - DL/DCA day 5. Check out day @ Hojo's. Overnight in Fontana w/friends.
  • Sun 6/5 - make the sad drive home to Arizona. :(

We're going!! June 4 - 10! Staying at the PVI. Currently booked at the GL but are changing due to their breakfast change

I'm just learning about Grad Nites and the local passes being unblocked for the final week before summer, and I'm kind of nervous about the crowds but no matter what, I'll be in Disneyland so who cares?!

I was reading the announcements today from Disney. The ones getting the most discussion seem to be Star Wars Land in 2019, for both WDW and DLR. For me, though, the one that has me hopeful is Avatar Land May 27 of this year. I know it's not the same park, it's reading between the lines, that it's huge speculation and I know there are no guarantees, but... My one big wish for this summer is that the Railroad be open when we go in June. I've hoped all along with them saying, "summer of 2017" that it would mean they would shoot for Memorial Day weekend. I certainly wouldn't bet any money I had to keep, but I've got my fingers crossed that they have similar motivation to have the stuff at DLR up and running for the summer crowds.

My one big wish for this summer is that the Railroad be open when we go in June. I've hoped all along with them saying, "summer of 2017" that it would mean they would shoot for Memorial Day weekend. I certainly wouldn't bet any money I had to keep, but I've got my fingers crossed that they have similar motivation to have the stuff at DLR up and running for the summer crowds.

I think the original plan was to get it running by June, but there has been so much rain (heavy rain too) that they are definitely delayed.

I was reading the announcements today from Disney. The ones getting the most discussion seem to be Star Wars Land in 2019, for both WDW and DLR. For me, though, the one that has me hopeful is Avatar Land May 27 of this year. I know it's not the same park, it's reading between the lines, that it's huge speculation and I know there are no guarantees, but... My one big wish for this summer is that the Railroad be open when we go in June. I've hoped all along with them saying, "summer of 2017" that it would mean they would shoot for Memorial Day weekend. I certainly wouldn't bet any money I had to keep, but I've got my fingers crossed that they have similar motivation to have the stuff at DLR up and running for the summer crowds.

Oh goodness, me too! It was closed the first/last time we went and I so hope to experience it in June!

I agree! It would be SO AWESOME if they could get the train operational and Rivers of America open by Memorial Day! One of our favorite things to do is ride the train around the park when we are tired. And to ride on the Mark Twain riverboat. And to go explore Tom Sawyer's Island. Our family has never seen Fantasmic!

I am torn because I would love for the RR to be reopened for our trip. But...if it's JUST reopens right around that time...I fear it increases crowds a bit. I don't like crowds...haha.

We are going June 10-17 and staying at Desert Inn & Suites! It will be our first trip to DL after several trips to WDW. And I will turn 40 in the middle of our trip...seemed like a good place to still feel like a kid!!

We are going June 10-17 and staying at Desert Inn & Suites! It will be our first trip to DL after several trips to WDW. And I will turn 40 in the middle of our trip...seemed like a good place to still feel like a kid!!

Which type of room did you choose at the Desert Inn? We'll be in a parlor suite 3 days after you leave.

Which type of room did you choose at the Desert Inn? We'll be in a parlor suite 3 days after you leave.
We chose a Parlor Suite as well. There will be five of us, my mother is coming, DH, DD12 and DS8. I went back and forth between Del Sol and Desert Inn because my kids would love the bunk beds, but I thought we might all like more room.

Bought 1 of our tickets today! Hoping that ticket prices don't go up this weekend. I read rumors about AP changes possibly coming.

We chose a Parlor Suite as well. There will be five of us, my mother is coming, DH, DD12 and DS8. I went back and forth between Del Sol and Desert Inn because my kids would love the bunk beds, but I thought we might all like more room.

We liked the extra space with the parlor suite last time since we had a stroller and a pack n play. It's not as big as a true suite or a double room but that extra little room up front is nice to have.

We'll be at the BWPPI from May 31 - June 3 to celebrate two family graduations! Yay! Crossing our fingers for an opening of Guardians of the Galaxy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter