June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

Guys I booked our flights today!!!! I was able to grab a seat sale and the total price (in CAD no less!!!) for both of us was $588!!! I'm so pumped! Hawaii/Aulani is almost here for us and then full steam ahead with Disneyland planning!!!!

Great price! :woohoo:Can't wait to hear about your Aulani trip (I hope you will share!) 106 days for me :laughing:

We booked our hotel today at Residence Inn Anaheim Convention Center.
It's a 1 bedroom suite with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed.
Hoping the sofa bed is comfortable since I'll be sleeping on it.

Also learned that my sister's FBLA group will likely be going from June 27th to July 3rd. The competition starts on the 29th so hopefully she can at least go to the parks on the 28th if not one other day during the competition if she has no formal responsibilities.

Still debating between a 3 or 4 day park hopper but its looking like 4 day park hopper.

Great price! :woohoo:Can't wait to hear about your Aulani trip (I hope you will share!) 106 days for me :laughing:

I'll definitely share about Aulani though we are only spending 2 nights before heading over to Kauai so I won't have a ton of info. I'm thinking about starting a pre-trip report I haven't written one since my solo trip 5 years ago (and I never finished that one :scared:) but I think it would be fun this time.

Due to family schedules, just had to re-book for July. Our fourth reservation in the last year, and hopefully the one we will finally use!

Guys it's official we cleared our second waitlist for this trip at GVC we're now in a studio from the 12th to the 16th. I figured I was on a role (I'm 4 for 4 with hard to get DVC waitlists) so I put in a waitlist request for the 11th too. If we clear the 11th I have hubby about 95% convinced to massively splurge and book the Disneyland Hotel for our arrival night... but in case those don't clear I'm still torn about which other reservation to keep Best Western Plus Pavillions or return to our tried and true Tropicana... This week started with a pretty big bummer for me but between our killer flight prices and getting this waitlist my week ended on a high note for sure! Even having to work extra shifts leading up to my vacation can't get me down at this point!

Hello, I just booked us rooms for our trip in June!! We will be there june 4th-9th staying at the quality inn on manchester, theres going to be 3 adults and 3 kids. I got a 2 room 2 bath room suite there. We are only doing 2 days at disneyland. My kids want to go to the beach one day and my hubby wants to go to universal studios. We will be driving down from Idaho!! I'm so excited i cant wait for june to get here!!

I finally committed and booked our trip last week. We will be staying at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn from June 7-12. It is my husband, myself, daughter (17) and son (13). We have 3 day park hoppers and one day we are going to do a bus tour to Hollywood/LA. I'm a little concerned that there is a grad night scheduled for Friday and Saturday nights but I think we do our LA tour on Saturday and then our park days on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This is part of a 2-week road trip from Memphis to Cailfornia that we are doing.

We have been planning to book our flights this week. But now I am just wondering about taking our trip at all. Our son is 3.5 years old, has autism, and is pretty much non-verbal at this point. Lately, his behavior has been so bad. I am so stressed about flying with him. So I just don't know what to do.

We have been planning to book our flights this week. But now I am just wondering about taking our trip at all. Our son is 3.5 years old, has autism, and is pretty much non-verbal at this point. Lately, his behavior has been so bad. I am so stressed about flying with him. So I just don't know what to do.

I'm sorry. That's hard. 3.5 is a hard age for all kids, I can only imagine how much more difficult it must be with a child who can't fully express himself and has additional impulse control issues (beyond that of any tot). I hope things get better.

Our 35th anniversary is June 26th. We will celebrate at DL 6/26-28! Can't wait. Haven't decided yet where our anniversary dinner will be, but we're leaning toward BB, for nostalgic reasons.

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention we'll be staying at BWPPI.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Checking in for June 12-14. Going for my girls' birthdays! I get a solo day at DLR with each of them while DH sticks with the other for fun at the hotel. Usually stay offsite but staying at Paradise Pier this time. Super excited!

I am so sorry you are stressed about the idea of flying. I can sort of relate--my oldest does not have an autism diagnosis, but has a lot of special needs and some similarities to autism. He was nonverbal until he was 4 or 4.5. He is 13 now and just loves Disney...world and land. We took him on his first trip when he was about 4.5 to WDW. I have to say I probably should have been nervous about that plane trip, but we also had DD who was then 2.5 so I was more concerned with her since she was younger. I packed a lot of distractions for both of them including snacks, books, and toys. There were no iPads then but that could definitely help you now. And having headphones to serve 2 purposes--blocking out the outside noise and stimuli from him, and of course keeping everyone else from having to hear whatever is playing on the iPad. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, he doesn't have to be a perfect angel on the plane, other people should understand and be sympathetic, and if they're not, who cares, you'll never see them again after the flight! :D

I am so sorry you are stressed about the idea of flying. I can sort of relate--my oldest does not have an autism diagnosis, but has a lot of special needs and some similarities to autism. He was nonverbal until he was 4 or 4.5. He is 13 now and just loves Disney...world and land. We took him on his first trip when he was about 4.5 to WDW. I have to say I probably should have been nervous about that plane trip, but we also had DD who was then 2.5 so I was more concerned with her since she was younger. I packed a lot of distractions for both of them including snacks, books, and toys. There were no iPads then but that could definitely help you now. And having headphones to serve 2 purposes--blocking out the outside noise and stimuli from him, and of course keeping everyone else from having to hear whatever is playing on the iPad. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, he doesn't have to be a perfect angel on the plane, other people should understand and be sympathetic, and if they're not, who cares, you'll never see them again after the flight! :D

I hear horror stories about people with screaming kids/toddlers being forced to leave the plane. It worries me. His scream is LOUD when he's mad. It's rough. We probably won't use his tablet on the plane because when we did that when he was 17 months, he threw up everywhere. It was not pleasant. I just wish we could drive but my husband can't take that much time off work. I just don't know what to do. And it's so hard to know if by June he's behavior will be better...or worse.

Guys Summer of Heroes starts May 27th! The Guardians of the Galaxy ride will be open as well as some other fun specials you can read all about it on the Disney Parks Blog HERE.

I'm so excited! I'm a HUGE Tower of Terror fan but this really sounds awesome!

Last edited:
I hear horror stories about people with screaming kids/toddlers being forced to leave the plane. It worries me. His scream is LOUD when he's mad. It's rough. We probably won't use his tablet on the plane because when we did that when he was 17 months, he threw up everywhere. It was not pleasant. I just wish we could drive but my husband can't take that much time off work. I just don't know what to do. And it's so hard to know if by June he's behavior will be better...or worse.

Oh goodness, I've never heard those kinds of stories, yikes!! Best to be hopeful that it will get better....that's the only way I can get through some days, chin up and a good dose of HOPE!

Guys Summer of Heroes starts May 27th! The Guardians of the Galaxy ride will be open as well as some other fun specials you can read all about on the Disney Parks Blog HERE.

I'm so excited! I'm a HUGE Tower of Terror fan but this really sounds awesome!

So happy to hear this!
I love WDW's TOT but also enjoyed the DCA version and was sad to hear about GOTG taking over.
I've never seen the movie so I guess I should watch it.
But I'm just so excited to go up and down in June! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter