JUNE 2016 Car Rental Watch

Go to your reservation and do the online check in...it takes your DL details and asks for your credit card ( this is where you pay)..that way you can just swipe your card at a kiosk when you get there and go straight to your car...we just booked again using the $50 off for June 3rd. We usually do the online check in the day before we go and when we arrive we dont have to deal with anyone :) hope this helps.

On the other thread they said that the receipt when you drop the car off is different and doesn't reflect the $50 off even though they did the online checkin. We can't do online checkin because my husband refuses to rent without the prepaid fuel (don't ask).

On the other thread they said that the receipt when you drop the car off is different and doesn't reflect the $50 off even though they did the online checkin. We can't do online checkin because my husband refuses to rent without the prepaid fuel (don't ask).
aww Im sorry...online checking and prepaying is the only way to avoid the desk. Once you pay at the online checkin there is no further charge. Good Luck

aww Im sorry...online checking and prepaying is the only way to avoid the desk. Once you pay at the online checkin there is no further charge. Good Luck

Ok, so it looks like it will let me check in online, but it doesn't ask me for credit card information and it says: upload_2016-4-27_9-21-49.png. This contradicts what you say, that you're pre-paying and there is no further charge. It says they charge you when you return the vehicle, which is where the others are saying their receipt is not showing the $50 coupon being removed and then they have to go to the counter to dispute it. Sorry for the questions.. I just want this to work without hassle. Is there a different place to prepay?

I really wouldn't worry about the $50 coupon. Based on the April thread, everyone who has taken it up with the manager or emailed the company afterward has gotten the credit. If it still applies on their website today, they should need to honor it. As of yesterday, it was still working for me when I went to make a new reservation. Until you start seeing people in the May thread getting turned away, I'd keep the $50 coupon in.

Ok, so it looks like it will let me check in online, but it doesn't ask me for credit card information and it says: View attachment 164846. This contradicts what you say, that you're pre-paying and there is no further charge. It says they charge you when you return the vehicle, which is where the others are saying their receipt is not showing the $50 coupon being removed and then they have to go to the counter to dispute it. Sorry for the questions.. I just want this to work without hassle. Is there a different place to prepay?

There are two different options. You can pre-pay your reservation and get a slight break on it (but will lock you in to that rental), or you do the skip the counter by entering in all your payment details, driver license information, insurance and fuel options, etc. What you are doing is the skip the counter - so your payment will happen after you return the car. Hope this helps!

There are two different options. You can pre-pay your reservation and get a slight break on it (but will lock you in to that rental), or you do the skip the counter by entering in all your payment details, driver license information, insurance and fuel options, etc. What you are doing is the skip the counter - so your payment will happen after you return the car. Hope this helps!
yes this...we pre pay but it does lock you in with no refund, thats why we wait till about a week before the trip. I know alot of people prefer to wait till after the car is returned but it dosnt matter to us either way.

Oh, ok. It doesn't give me the option to "Pay Now" with the coupon. I can "Pay Now" when I just search for rates without it, but not with.

yes this...we pre pay but it does lock you in with no refund, thats why we wait till about a week before the trip. I know alot of people prefer to wait till after the car is returned but it dosnt matter to us either way.
I am a late May renter with a reservation using the $50 coupon. I was going to skip using it and go with another reservation so I don't have to deal with talking to a manager or customer service upon return to get the $50 coupon honored. Are you saying that if I pre-pay, I won't have to worry about the $50 being added back in? I am happy with my rate using the $50 coupon and if given the option, would definitely pre-pay to avoid confusion. However, I have never done it so I don't really understand how that works. Can my total still be higher (coupon taken off) when returning the vehicle when I prepaid if I honored the return time, gas tank full etc.?

I am a late May renter with a reservation using the $50 coupon. I was going to skip using it and go with another reservation so I don't have to deal with talking to a manager or customer service upon return to get the $50 coupon honored. Are you saying that if I pre-pay, I won't have to worry about the $50 being added back in? I am happy with my rate using the $50 coupon and if given the option, would definitely pre-pay to avoid confusion. However, I have never done it so I don't really understand how that works. Can my total still be higher (coupon taken off) when returning the vehicle when I prepaid if I honored the return time, gas tank full etc.?
some people are saying that upon return of the vehicle the 50 dollars was not on the total bill and they had to go to the Alamo desk and argue to get it put back on...personally we have never had this happen but as previously stated..there is a bit where you an pre pay but you dont get a refund if you should cancel or the likes..kinda like the hotel non refundable deposit thingy... we have never ever been to a front desk in the past three years of using Alamo...we pre pay about 2 weeks to a week out the total amount ( which has your 50 discount on)...get to the airport, swipe our credit card we payed with at a kiosk and it tells us where the car is, pick up the car and voila!

Oh, ok. It doesn't give me the option to "Pay Now" with the coupon. I can "Pay Now" when I just search for rates without it, but not with.
I dont know how...Im looking at our pre pay option right now with our $50 discount on it...maybe give Alamo a call and say you wish to pre payand they will let you do it over the phone??

AD4004JDK

Unfortunately, it now appears that the Alamo website no longer accepts this coupon for booking a new reservation. If anyone has a new coupon that is valid in June, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks!
awdwnut

I did the on-line check in which then offered me to skip the counter. When you do the skip the counter is when you add Credit card info but it doesn't charge you at that time. It just temporarily charges you $1. You have to do the skip the counter if you want to walk straight to a car and drive out. That still doesn't mean you can't cancel the reservation.

Last edited:
I did the on-line check in which then offered me to skip the counter. When you do the skip the counter is when you add Credit card info but it doesn't charge you at that time. It just temporarily charges you $1. You have to do the skip the counter if you want to walk straight to a car and drive out. That still doesn't mean you can't cancel the reservation.
You have to choose the pay now option at the start of your booking...they give you it cheaper..ie pay now $207..pay later $308. Choose the Pay now option and use your credit card to actually pay the whole amount...and your right..they have changed it. As long as you cancel within 48 hrs you can get a refund less handling fees. But this is the only way you can do it without seeing anyone at the counter and it has always let us get the $50 off voucher as it is payed in full at the time of booking.

You have to choose the pay now option at the start of your booking...they give you it cheaper..ie pay now $207..pay later $308. Choose the Pay now option and use your credit card to actually pay the whole amount...and your right..they have changed it. As long as you cancel within 48 hrs you can get a refund less handling fees. But this is the only way you can do it without seeing anyone at the counter and it has always let us get the $50 off voucher as it is payed in full at the time of booking.

The Pay Now option is not the only way to pick up a car at Alamo without seeing anyone at the counter. The online check-in then skip-the-counter allows the renter to pick up the car without seeing anyone at the counter as well as doing online check-in and then checking in at a kiosk.

Actually no, I never use the pay first option. If you click Pay Now, they charge you right away. I just reserved my car and about a month later clicked the on-line check in link, completed it and the next screen offered to skip the counter. I completed that including CC info and it sent me a confirmation saying:

Skip the counter. Skip the kiosk. Go directly to your vehicle.
Hi, RICHARD
Your check-in is complete! You can now Skip the Counter and go directly to your vehicle.

Last edited:

You mean this "Pay Now"?

upload_2016-5-9_23-22-4.png

:rotfl:

Twinklebug beat me to it. When you use the codes, the 'pay now' option is close to double the price. Regardless, I think most people have had luck with just checking in online. If they give you trouble, you *might* have to talk to someone. But pretty much everyone that has said they've talked to someone has gotten the $50 coupon to apply. Many more people have reported having no problems.

We booked for June 13-26th picking up at Dolphin for a compact using Vegas Brazil (no CDW) and $50 coupon for $179. I have a backup ressie ( which I hate having and never do but this is my honeymoon and I am stressed enough about money so I am giving my self a pass on this one) for a compact using Vegas Brazil (no CDW) and the $25 coupon for $206 I am thinking that I might cancel the $179 even though it is a better deal since it seems like it has expired and honestly I am not going to want to have to speak to someone about honoring it. I would rather avoid dealing with car rental people as much as possible. My stress level may be worth the $25 and not having the guilt of having 2 ressies out there.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter