JUNE 2016 Car Rental Watch

Save $25 when base rental price is at least $175 at Alamo. Valid on any size car, rental period is minimum of 5 days, maximum of 11 days. 24 hour advanced reservation required. Not valid on one-way rentals. Blackout dates may apply. Use coupon code AD2823JAG. Offer available through 8/31/16.
(from another site but works)

When I went to complain the lady behind the counter told me to "shut my dam mouth"!!! My husband was ready to walk away right then but the guy appeared with a set of keys so we just took them as the kids were tired..they tried to pull that more insurance thing with us too but lucky we had our insurance with us...when we went to pay the bill it charged us for a GPS that we never got...we never did get a refund for it despite complaining, nasty people..Im so sorry you had that experience too.
Yea I agree here with Dollar in MCO I will never do it again. Used to be all I used up until 2013. That was the last straw. Sold me tolls and nav that I never used and I demanded a refund or would call my Visa card and dispute the charges. the staff at both counters were rude pick up and drop off. Alamao has been great no issues so far!!!

I just checked my minivan reservation for $199 on Alamo from 6/18-6/25 and it says "could not validate coupon, continued without coupon" but the reservation does not come up. I used the Vegas Brazil code. Anyone else experienced this?
Same thing is happening to me. Have you gotten a response?

Honestly, I don't know why people are worrying about the $50 coupon. I've been monitoring the April and May threads and have seen exactly three scenarios play out:

1. It goes through without a hitch, not even a discussion.
2. They have to stop and talk with the agent/manager for a few minutes and the discount is applied with very little resistance.
3. They email Alamo later regarding it and get a refund.

Until I see a couple posters talk about being outright rejected and/or arrested at the rental counter, I'm staying the course. :D

Hi,
I am sorry, I don't mean to be frustrating.... But are you suggesting forgoing the online check in, and just bring the email confirmation to the counter? Have they honored it?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!!!! (again, sorry if this is redundant, I tried to look through the threads).

Hi,
I am sorry, I don't mean to be frustrating.... But are you suggesting forgoing the online check in, and just bring the email confirmation to the counter? Have they honored it?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!!!! (again, sorry if this is redundant, I tried to look through the threads).

It had been being honored, however, you may have to fight hard at the counter to get it. That was the theme of the last few first hand reports in this thread.

I cancelled the reservation with the old coupon, and have managed to get cheaper rates with current coupons and Costco. I have a July rental for 9 days for a full size car for $252. The rate with the old coupon was substantially higher- I had $282 with it.

Good luck in the hunt!

It had been being honored, however, you may have to fight hard at the counter to get it. That was the theme of the last few first hand reports in this thread.

I cancelled the reservation with the old coupon, and have managed to get cheaper rates with current coupons and Costco. I have a July rental for 9 days for a full size car for $252. The rate with the old coupon was substantially higher- I had $282 with it.

Good luck in the hunt!
Alice,
Thank you so much for the info. Can you confirm the Costco rate? I tried with what was in a previous post, and got the message that it was not valid.

I think I got lucky as was rechecking rates over the weekend, I went onto Hertz to check them as I had some points to burn from some recent business trips.

In the end I didnt need them as I scored a MidSize SUV for 6/25-7/2 for $145 all in using the AAA CDP 240 and the PC 108566.

I went back to try to replicate it and it doesnt show up so I got lucky I think. :)

Last edited:
Alice,
Thank you so much for the info. Can you confirm the Costco rate? I tried with what was in a previous post, and got the message that it was not valid.
I used the costco code 7014627 and the coupon from the post a few above here.

I just want to warn folks, they can and DO check your Costco card at the counter or at the exit. I would not use that code unless you are a member.

I just want to warn folks, they can and DO check your Costco card at the counter or at the exit. I would not use that code unless you are a member.

This is true. I have been asked twice for this. Sometimes during online check-in, others at the gate asking to see the card.

Last edited:
Alice,

Try editing it to add the code after you put the costco code in. So when you see the cars , hit the first tab at the top and add the code there for the coupon.

Last edited:
This is true. I have been asked twice for this. Sometimes during online check-in, others at the gate askinh to see the card.
This is true for any membership discount. Years back I booked with a DVC discount and they needed to see that my DVC card matched my ID. I've heard they do the same for the APH discounts.

I just checked my minivan reservation for $199 on Alamo from 6/18-6/25 and it says "could not validate coupon, continued without coupon" but the reservation does not come up. I used the Vegas Brazil code. Anyone else experienced this?

I was concerned about this since I had a reservation using the same code. I just went ahead and checked-in online for my rental that starts Friday and I didn't have this problem. I got though the online check-in and got my "skip the counter" ticket (by entering my credit card info). There is no mention of the Vegas Brazil code on my "skip the counter" ticket but I'm getting the discounted rate.

I was concerned about this since I had a reservation using the same code. I just went ahead and checked-in online for my rental that starts Friday and I didn't have this problem. I got though the online check-in and got my "skip the counter" ticket (by entering my credit card info). There is no mention of the Vegas Brazil code on my "skip the counter" ticket but I'm getting the discounted rate.
The issue is the $50 coupon in addition to the Vegas Brazil code. Did you also have the expired coupon and it was working again?

The issue is the $50 coupon in addition to the Vegas Brazil code. Did you also have the expired coupon and it was working again?

Oooh....sorry I missed that part (but should've paid more attention that the error code was with a "coupon" - not contract ID). I didn't not try to use the coupon.

We just got back week or so ago. I used the $50 coupon. I had it on my reservation before they put the date restriction on it. I wasn't even questioned about when i checked out. But I did the "online check-in" and the "skip the counter" so the only person I dealt with was at the exit booth of the parking garage. The coupon was honored without question.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter