July W.I.S.H - Summer of Independence!

I gained 3/4 of a pound on vacation which unfortunately is enough to pop me back up a decade. :mad: Better make that meal plan soon!!! Laundry is done so that is nice.

Got DS1's wedding invitation in the mail yesterday. squeeee So exciting! :dancer:Still looking for a dress. Two months and one day to go!!!!

I still haven't come up with any brilliant plans for the weekend, but I do need to get a prescription refilled and get cat food... woohoo!

Yesterday when I got on the scale I was down two more pounds, didn't believe that was accurate but got the same number this morning so I'll take it. I think I haven't been doing my math correctly because that is now -8 with -4 more to reach my pre-vacation goal. My food choices haven't been very balanced the past few days, so I'm going to loggin my food and calorie counting to see if that helps me rebalance. I also didn't get as much exercise this week as I had thought I would, so another thing to work on next week.

Now off to do something pointless...

Mmmm…that’s a tough one. I looked up pointless and one of the definitions was having no useful purpose. But I’m thinking that doesn’t mean you don’t enjoy what you’re doing.
So I will count my 20 minutes sitting in the sun this morning listening to the birds and thinking idle thoughts!

Six more wake-ups! I finished packing, and I am ready except for last minute items, like my probiotic that must be refrigerated. Lists are made for me to check and double-check. I have never been this prepared to leave for vacation so early.

We picked up our new eyeglasses that arrived a week early. Monday, DD and I are getting gel manicures and spa pedicures. On Thursday, we have to pick up our boarding passes.

Today, DD has another photo shoot. I would like to go in the pool, but our neighbors mowed their lawns, so I may not be able to go outside. I am extremely allergic to cut grass, and I already needed my asthma inhaler 3 times in the last 24 hours, so I hate to put myself in a dangerous situation just to go swimming.:sad1:

Pointless…hmmm…does adding Malibu Rum to a fruit/veggie smoothie count?🍹

Just got back from a trip to the aquarium! It wasn't super hot but was insanely humid...good preppy for wdw I think. Not gonna lie I got a little misty eyed during the sea line show...first time we have seen it since the aquarium shut down in the early covid days. Didnt walk as much as we normally do but it was a nice trip regardless. Managed to get home and into the garage just as a torrential downpour came through...timed that well!

Between birthday get togethers for ds8 (almost 9) and dh eating well is going to be tough and work stress is not helping! But my skinny shorts still went on even with the humidity so I'll mark it as a win.

First off my pointless thing for Saturday was to take the scenic route to go pick up my prescription, thru neighborhoods that have lovely houses and views to the Sound. It pretty much doubled my travel time, so was pretty pointless.

For Sunday selfcare I will: get good sleep, get sunshine, cuddle them kitties, take a walk, tidy up, garden and the book I'm reading right now is called Outsiders that is about five women writers who changed the world. I've just finished the part on Mary Shelley and am now reading about Emily Bronte.... so that qualifies as reading and reading about people with lives more complicated than mine.

Today I started logging food/calories in my FitBIt, which will help to get me motivated to walk so I can earn calories... so a little bit more selfcare.

Last edited:
SELF-CARE SUNDAY - What will you do for yourself today?

View attachment 590410
I chatted with two friends this morning, one that I had over in June and will see again in August, and another who has a newborn that I look forward to seeing hopefully before the end of summer. It’s hard to get together with friends with scheduled vacations.

I will be helping DH sort out his clothes for packing.

I will make sure that I get on my treadmill, and if the rains stay away, I may get to swim in the pool.

I’m looking forward to sleeping better tonight. My brain wouldn’t turn off last night.

We’re leaving Friday for our family vacation-so I really want to stay on track this week. I am going to indulge while we’re there, but until then I will track what I am eating and get out for a walk every day.
Same!

I was up at 4:30 AM. We have a car picking us up at 3:00 AM on Friday to take us to JFK, so I am trying to get up earlier every day this week. I haven’t been sleeping in at all this summer because I know that it will be hard enough to wake up at 2:00 AM on Friday, so I set my alarm for 5:30 AM today and woke up an hour before my alarm. It gives me an upset stomach to be up so early, but maybe I will be able to get to sleep earlier tonight.

Today we’re getting our mani pedis for our trip. I will get on the treadmill today.

Same!

I was up at 4:30 AM. We have a car picking us up at 3:00 AM on Friday to take us to JFK, so I am trying to get up earlier every day this week. I haven’t been sleeping in at all this summer because I know that it will be hard enough to wake up at 2:00 AM on Friday, so I set my alarm for 5:30 AM today and woke up an hour before my alarm. It gives me an upset stomach to be up so early, but maybe I will be able to get to sleep earlier tonight.

Today we’re getting our mani pedis for our trip. I will get on the treadmill today.
You might pass my daughter’s family in the Orlando airport-they have a very early flight out of BWI. We’re not flying out til 8:30, but that means leaving here at 5:00. I’m hoping security lines won’t be too bad at that hour. Getting my nails done tomorrow-then it really feels like vacation!
Hope you sleep better tonight-sometimes it’s so hard to turn off those voices in our head.

Last edited:
My motivation and word of the week is balance.

I need to balance food intake to get more protein, always a challenge, but I'm also finding myself slipping into the diet mentality, so I need to balance that as well. On IG I've found a couple nutritionists who are ADHD and so are focussed on ADHD and nutrition. Both have been talking about all-or-nothing thinking, perfectionist thinking and how the inability to self-regulate leads to restrictive eating followed by binge eating. I'm definitely in a restrictive frame of mind, but the challenge is that with the food allergies and sugar addiction there has to be restriction, so I need to find balance in eating plenty of what I can eat.

That said I'm upping my pre-vacation goal to lose -5 pounds total, so that leaves -7 pounds in the next 6 weeks which is realistic as it is just over -1 pounds per week. I just want to feel good while I'm there and be able to do long days and have a lot of fun.

https://tasty.co/recipe/slow-cooker-balsamic-chicken

Oneanne, do you have a crockpot? If not, a pot with a lid would work (low temperature-325 degrees but less time). This is one of our favorites. If you don’t like green beans you can sub broccoli. Lots of protein here! We eat it over riced cauliflower. The carrots are like candy.
Another favorite is buying Italian turkey sausage, remove the casings and roll into balls-roast at 400 degrees about 20 minutes. I make meatball subs with these-add a little shredded mozzarella. Also flat iron steaks are high in protein, low in fat and calories. We don’t eat a lot of beef, but enjoy it occasionally. I cook one large enough to slice over a salad the next day.
I lean towards high protein recipes because I think I feel more satisfied (and my husband can have a larger portion).

https://tasty.co/recipe/slow-cooker-balsamic-chicken

Oneanne, do you have a crockpot? If not, a pot with a lid would work (low temperature-325 degrees but less time). This is one of our favorites. If you don’t like green beans you can sub broccoli. Lots of protein here! We eat it over riced cauliflower. The carrots are like candy.
Another favorite is buying Italian turkey sausage, remove the casings and roll into balls-roast at 400 degrees about 20 minutes. I make meatball subs with these-add a little shredded mozzarella. Also flat iron steaks are high in protein, low in fat and calories. We don’t eat a lot of beef, but enjoy it occasionally. I cook one large enough to slice over a salad the next day.
I lean towards high protein recipes because I think I feel more satisfied (and my husband can have a larger portion).
Yum, that looks good. And of course I just donated my crock pot because I never used it!

Well, I went to grab potatoes last night for baked potato dinner, and they are just a wee bit too old for that. Had beans and chips instead. Guess we'll be having potato soup for dinner tonight! So that's one meal planned! I need to survey the food in the house and then grocery shop this afternoon.

Walked with my gals this morning. Ran into another friend that I sometimes walk with! That was fun. Hope our schedules can match at some point soon so we can walk together.

My motivation this week is knowing I'll be going out for breakfast instead of walking on Thursday! That and I need to leave the decade I bumped back into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter