July W.I.S.H - Summer of Independence!

Next up is clearing some of the condiments out of the fridge.

Must be something in the air, as I just finished cleaning out my fridge before I got on the DIS.

MOTIVATION MONDAY

View attachment 588614

Happy Mid-summer and Happy Mid-July!
For a mid-month check-in, what are a couple things you've done this month that are helping you move along your path to healthy living and what are a couple things you are motivated to do this week to further you along in that journey?

I have been doing too much mindless grazing!

I do the same thing every summer, so that's my thing to work on too!

As for good things, I'm doing well with exercise, and I even arranged to walk with a neighbor this morning (so I'm going to hold off answering the other questions for now, and hope to remember later!)

Woohoo... I made my ADRs this morning: Brown Derby, Skipper's, Garden Grill, Tiffins, Crystal Palace, Teppan Edo. I'll probably change some of them around, but at least I have something each day to start with.

Woohoo... I've been very diligent about not sitting sideways on the sofa with my left leg tucked up beneath me and I've been using a pillow between my knees when I sleep, both things that have been highly recommended by multiple people. I really want to preserve the improvements I've gotten out of the massage.

Woohoo... I'm starting to see the weight loss in my face, plus less allergy related puffiness and overall my skin is looking better from better nutrition.

Catching up for Tuesday's question -

Dear Body,
Thank you for allowing me to move in all the ways I need to, and to walk where I like without difficulty. Thank you for all the senses (even though the eyes need a little help 🤣 ) that allow me to enjoy the world around me. And thank you for doing your best to fight off any infections and chronic health conditions as I age.

And for Wednesday Woohoos -
  • I am ahead of pace in my exercise minutes for the month!
  • I enjoyed getting back to walking with my neighbor this morning, and we plan to go on Friday too.
  • I also got to see the kids today. They stopped here with their mom after some errands they had over this way, and then we all went to see a library program - a funny juggler.

Woohoo-some capris I ordered from Chico’s came and they fit.

Woohoo-got in the car and drove to a mall today. Since Covid I have gotten out of the habit of going places outside my immediate area. Didn’t find much, but it was good to get out of my comfort zone.

Woohoo-local corn is in and it’s wonderful!

Woohoo... I made my ADRs this morning: Brown Derby, Skipper's, Garden Grill, Tiffins, Crystal Palace, Teppan Edo. I'll probably change some of them around, but at least I have something each day to start with.

Woohoo... I've been very diligent about not sitting sideways on the sofa with my left leg tucked up beneath me and I've been using a pillow between my knees when I sleep, both things that have been highly recommended by multiple people. I really want to preserve the improvements I've gotten out of the massage.

Woohoo... I'm starting to see the weight loss in my face, plus less allergy related puffiness and overall my skin is looking better from better nutrition.
You picked some great places! We’re doing Brown Derby as well-haven’t been there in years. Also Citricos, Narcoosees, Sci Fi (my grandson’s favorite). We will probably do Epcot at night for the Food and Wine offerings since our second half of the trip is at BCV. Have only been to Tiffins once but we loved it! Food and service was amazing.

I am so thankful for the sunshine!

I am thankful that my pool stayed warmer than expected in spite of the storms.

I am thankful that I only have 8 more wake-ups before we leave for vacation!
Yes! We leave a week from tomorrow!
The heat, the crowds, the waits-I don’t care. We’re traveling to WDW with our daughter’s family for the first time in two years and I can’t wait!

I'm thankful that my body is responding to the care I've been taking and I generally feel better. I'm down another pound this morning so I've met my minimum goal of -5 for July and that leaves -6 to reach my pre-vacation goal.

I'm thankful that I've gotten my reading mojo back... just finished my third book for the month.

I am thankful for the book series that I found. I am loving reading right now. This is so not me too. I like being able to show the kids I read too. But I have a hard time finding stuff I like. The Bridgerton books have caught my attention. I am on book 5 out of 8. 4 of them since May.

I am thankful for the book series that I found. I am loving reading right now. This is so not me too. I like being able to show the kids I read too. But I have a hard time finding stuff I like. The Bridgerton books have caught my attention. I am on book 5 out of 8. 4 of them since May.
You might like the Poldark series of books-it was a Masterpiece series years ago and redone very recently. The author is Winston Graham.

Well, it's been a week.

Had a rollback on the project I've been working on, there have been so many issues with the 'bots that the facility has decided not to use them for the time being. We're figuring out the path forward, but the short term upside is that I don't have to be on-call this weekend to support them. Other upside is that none of the issues were from the work my team did.

I'm to the point of transitioning into my new responsibilities where I'm starting to feel overwhelmed and not sure how I'm going to juggle everything, so right now I'm just clinging to the things I do do well, where I know I can contribute.

Today I went to do the blood draw for the food sensitivity test and they couldn't get any blood, despite trying three times. I'm marking it up to incopentance, the last person to try (an actual nurse) said they were using too small of needles, which makes sense to me, but that is all they had. Have to contact the Nutritionist to see what other options there are, but this delay means I won't get thru the elimination diet before vacation, so I'm not going to start it until after, which I think is a better choice anyway. I can still avoid anything new foods that come up in the test result.

Not sure what I'm going to do over the weekend, now that I'm freed up. I do need to get my July Goodwill trip done. Yard work. But it would be fun to do something fun.

Thankful that DH and I had a great road trip! Our first couple days were pretty smoky but the rest were clear. We had fun visiting three national parks; I absolutely love getting my national park passport book stamped! We had a cooler with healthy foods in it so usually ate lunch from that. Dinner was usually whatever food joint/grocery store we found. I got lots and lots of steps in. Of course since we were at a super high elevation (8,000 ft) and hiking uphill I had to get the lovely altitude ickies. I've learned to take 10 steps and rest until I feel better: lather, rinse, repeat! Over 19,500 steps that day! I told someone I thought every single one of those steps was uphill! I'm going to try to remember how hard they were and just laugh at my 23,000 WDW steps on flat land!

DH and I have stuff at church the next couple afternoons, but hope to meal plan and do laundry tomorrow morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter