July/August Code Watch

I too am looking for codes for our trip August 6th to August 14. A single mom with 2 kids hoping to stay on Disney property and have it be affordable! I lost my airline discount rate before I even had a chance to use it at disney due to a layoff. Hope they post codes soon for us.

oriole said:
I too am looking for codes for our trip August 6th to August 14. A single mom with 2 kids hoping to stay on Disney property and have it be affordable! I lost my airline discount rate before I even had a chance to use it at disney due to a layoff. Hope they post codes soon for us.

I am in the same situation. Single mom staying off-site part of vacation (to save money) and CBR second half. I would really like a code. I want to have fun on this vacation, not worry about money constantly. :sad2:

I'm waiting too. I have our reservation at rack rate :earseek: through DU and hope they will be able to get us somthing better.

T. Bell

Going July 2-8 need a general code so we can stay at the BC or we'll be at CSR. We really love the BC.

Thats when I will be going with DD her DH and my DGD-her FIRST trip! :cool1: So, I am waiting on Codes...AGAIN! :confused3 Hope they are better than the May codes. :rolleyes1

Waiting for August codes too!!! :rolleyes1 Is it usually around 40% for moderates/deluxe during August???

Bought my first AP now waiting for July 8-14. Booked Dolphin and CSR. Nurse rate 149 at Dolphin this summer. :flower:

rgionet said:
Waiting for August codes too!!! :rolleyes1 Is it usually around 40% for moderates/deluxe during August???

Is this 40% just for AP or for others (Disney Visa Holders, AAA, etc.)? I would like to lower our total room cost a little. :goodvibes

rgionet said:

It was last year, but I wouldn't count too much on those deep discounts right now if the last rates released are any indication of what's going to happen. Last year in May and June the AP rate for a moderate was $74, this year it's $109...

weluvpluto said:
It was last year, but I wouldn't count too much on those deep discounts right now if the last rates released are any indication of what's going to happen. Last year in May and June the AP rate for a moderate was $74, this year it's $109...

They have cut down the discount percentage on APs and FL Residents. I would think that General codes would be smaller then last year also based on this.

CarolA said:
They have cut down the discount percentage on APs and FL Residents. I would think that General codes would be smaller then last year also based on this.

I agree, they have also cut down the discount for CMs too. We use to get a straight 50%, now we get 50% and 40%. When the 50% rooms are gone, we only have the 40% rooms available. It would only seem right if they cut our discount percentage, that it would be fair to do it for ALL. BTW, once those discounted rooms are gone, we have a 25% option. By then, I would choose to pull out my AP option for a better savings. I think the smaller discounts on rooms to all is a result of higher attendance numbers--or at least a projection of higher numbers. All I know is that when we were there in Oct, Dec, and Jan, we noticed the increase of attendance, especially December. Never did we expect to see a park reach capacity in early December (the 10th at MGM). But, call me crazy, we'll be there for 2 weeks in May to help kick off the 5/5/5 celebration. woohoo!

Now that CMs can make our discounted ressie online, I expect to see this option for passholders next. That will be great. Just log in with your passholder ID and make your discounted ressie. I thought I would never see the day that they would make this available to CMs, but that time is now, so passholders have to be next!! that will be great a perk, unless you have a voucher and not an active pass.

Guess I'll get in on this, Need an AP rate for Aug 31-Sept. 5th, hoping there will be one, right now we're at Pop, would like to change up to POFQ.

Practice Patience. They are coming out later and later. I got my code for late April two weeks ago. (around 3/10 or so) That was about 1 month out.
So be patient... it will come. And if they say they are taken on day one - keep calling - they open up. That is what happened to me.

i called at 9:15 on day one of code and they said they were gone for the hotel of my choice. Then the next day - I got it. Same hotel etc.

Go figure!

Count me in! Just got back last night and need AP rate to go back the week of July 5th! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

mwalsh said:
Practice Patience. They are coming out later and later. I got my code for late April two weeks ago. (around 3/10 or so) That was about 1 month out.

The AP rates for late April - July 4th came out on March 9th this year and last year; in 2003, they came out a week before the first check-in date. So they really aren't coming out any later than in the last few years.

I'd like to go mid August 10-18 or around that time...depending on airfair rates... Hope a code comes out for us so we can start planning!!!! ::MinnieMo princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter