July 28, 2007 - "Rome-ancing the Mouse Cruisers" -11 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose you will be glad you made your list before I said HI!!

We are a group of 30!! All from Washington DC. This will be my families 8th Disney Cruise, and our 3rd cruise with the same basic group from friends from church.

My family is:
DH48 (our 20th wedding anniversary)
Me (my 50th birthday)
DS18 (HS Grad and he will turn 18 while we cruise)
DD13
DD11 (she will turn 11 a few days before we cruise)

The other 25 are all friends.....
15 Adults and belonging to them are (30th anniversary and 20th anniversary and another 50th birthday!!)
DS8
DS5
DS16
DS8
DD18 (HS Grad and will turn 18 while we cruise)
DD5
DS17
DS11
DS17
DD13

I can't wait. I look forward to airfare discussions....and I want to go to Disneyland Paris.....anyone else want to do that?

Lisa

My dh and I discussed this a week ago and we said 'no' we shouldn't even think about it.... But of course it was all we talked about since then... Today we called, just for information (prices, etc..)

and we put down a deposit.

We are another family flying out of Boston. I will post any info I get on this thread. Me, dh, dd (12) and ds (16).

Kerri :tigger:

disneylover5 said:
I can't wait. I look forward to airfare discussions....and I want to go to Disneyland Paris.....anyone else want to do that?

Lisa

Here is a link to the UK 'official' site for Disney, and the part on DISNEYLAND PARIS. you might find this very useful, remember for prices its in Sterling, pounds.

http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/introduction.htm?c=uk&l=uk

We have stayed in hotel New york, good location can walk to the two parks through Downtown disney.

Hi All!

We are so looking forward to sailing with you all in July of 2007! My husband remarked yesterday, as we were walking through the Grand Floridian...towards the Wedding Pavilion that in one year and four months we would be disembarking!

Anyway, JoAnn, next time you update could you add us to the list???

We are DH-Tom 47
DW-Tif 40!!!, me
DD-Abby, 13...turning 14 May 6....graduating 8th grade 05-21-06!
DS-ThomasIain...Iain, 11...turning 12 July 31st...on the Magic in "06!
Ds-Alec...9...turning 10 on Flag Day June 14!
We are from Peoria, Illinois but also live in Windermere, FL part of the time!
How lucky is our Iain...to turn 13 in ITALY!!!!! Lucky kid!

Wishing you all a little Pixie Dust!
:tink:
tomspixie

Hi everyone
It's the school hols over here so I decided with a little time on my hands to set up a spreadsheet with all our info on it. Now I'm not sure how I can post a link to it for you all But I did notice AJ was a Computer Techie so any help from him or anyone else would be appreciated.
Other things I noticed whilst compiling my spreadsheet was the number of Disney cruises we have done between us was staggering, very few people have not mentioned a prior cruise at some point in their posts. So if you are new to DCL there should be lots of people on the thread to help you so just ask away.
MV Photon we also cruised at Christmas 2003 I wonder if we met at all, there was a great bunch of DISers aboard and one family we met on that cruise are coming to see us in the UK this Summer.
Disneynut1955, if I'm reading your siggy right you are living on the 2 Disney Ships over the next year right! :rotfl2: Again if I've got it right you are going to be invaluable to our group as you will have experienced the first 11 day cruise as well as the repo and will have loads of info to share with us!! :cheer2:
Lastly this cruise will be party central as as a group we have 6 Anniversaries and 6 Birthdays to celebrate while we are away... that's a party every night and 2 on one night!!!! :banana: :banana:
Some of you are now wondering what is this sad lady doing gathering all this info well it might be the hols for the kids but I really should be catching up on paperwork, somehow this little project seemed so much more appealing.... yes you've guessed it I'm a procrastinator :rolleyes1
See you Soon
Lynn :wave2:

LynnTarrant said:
Hi everyone
It's the school hols over here so I decided with a little time on my hands to set up a spreadsheet with all our info on it. Now I'm not sure how I can post a link to it for you all But I did notice AJ was a Computer Techie so any help from him or anyone else would be appreciated.
Other things I noticed whilst compiling my spreadsheet was the number of Disney cruises we have done between us was staggering, very few people have not mentioned a prior cruise at some point in their posts. So if you are new to DCL there should be lots of people on the thread to help you so just ask away.
MV Photon we also cruised at Christmas 2003 I wonder if we met at all, there was a great bunch of DISers aboard and one family we met on that cruise are coming to see us in the UK this Summer.
Disneynut1955, if I'm reading your siggy right you are living on the 2 Disney Ships over the next year right! :rotfl2: Again if I've got it right you are going to be invaluable to our group as you will have experienced the first 11 day cruise as well as the repo and will have loads of info to share with us!! :cheer2:
Lastly this cruise will be party central as as a group we have 6 Anniversaries and 6 Birthdays to celebrate while we are away... that's a party every night and 2 on one night!!!! :banana: :banana:
Some of you are now wondering what is this sad lady doing gathering all this info well it might be the hols for the kids but I really should be catching up on paperwork, somehow this little project seemed so much more appealing.... yes you've guessed it I'm a procrastinator :rolleyes1
See you Soon
Lynn :wave2:

Hi Lynn :wave2:

What year do you teach? I was a full time Key stage 1 teacher until last year when I went part time. I now cover PPA for Reception up to Year3. I know what you mean about the paper work :rolleyes:

I've spent the last few days on ebay and I've acquired a spanish phrase book with CD, An Italian phrase book with CD, a book about european cruise ship ports and a guide book on Barcelona :rolleyes1 ( They were very good value :blush: )

We are going to be celebrating my birthday to on board ( well I know its reallly on the 17th Aug but the DVC cast member told me she'd write it down anyway.

Have fun planning - :surfweb: Just think next half term is only 5 weeks long and theres a bank holiday as well !

:wave2:

MIL - Linda
FIL - Ken
SIL - Laura age 22
DW & DH - 32/33
DD3

From Nebraska - Have cruised on Disney Western Caribbean and Westbound Panama Canal. That was actually where I found out about DISboards because you all knew what was going on well before we did so I joined as soon as we got back from that cruise. Been mostly lurking - but have started posting more with the Europe stuff going on.

What part of the 'burgh are you "near?" We live in Fox Chapel, having moved there last year fro the urban wilds of Squirrel Hill.

Thanks for the list!

Helen - would you mind sharing the book you found on the European Cruise ports? Matt and I went to Barnes and Noble this weekend and couldn't find a book that was the right one for this cruise so we're looking for suggestions.

Oh and we speak only English and I have a little spanish (can order a beer and get to the bathroom :thumbsup2 ) so we'll need to brush up on Italian.

Hi Helen, part time sounds good!!
I'm the headteacher of a small one form entry primary school only about 150 children, Unfortunately the paperwork seems the same large or small school just less people to do it!!!
I'm very impressed with your search for language materials I've never been very good at languages myself, can manage to ask for a drink in France and Portugal and that's about it maybe I should join you. Do you think Disney will run Italian classes on the ship? That would be fun.
Have you cruised with DCL before?
My preparation for this cruise needs to be about fitness/ weight loss
Anyone want to join me? :yay: :yay:
:wave2: Bye for now

Hi Lynn,

Dave and I are DVC members since 1999. (wow time flies) We honeymooned on the Magic in 2000 doing a 4 night cruise. :love: We have also previously been on 2 x 3night cruises on the wonder. The last time being Aug 2005- unfortunatly I have disc degeneration in my spine and back problems ( Thats why I went part time). On Castaway Cay my back went into spasm and I was in a lot of pain. :sad2: A CM used his own car to get me back to the ship!

This July Dave and I are combing 7 nights @ SSR with the 7 night western! I just hope my back stays put ! I just have to take it easy.

I am also trying to lose weight so I'll join you there! :yay: Not sure how I'll manage with the languages but IM willing to have a go! :rolleyes:

Dave and I were talking saying I wonder whether they will give castaway club members somthing unique for this cruise, our suggestions would be a leaning to of Pisa or the eiffle tower with mickey ears!

Julie & MAtt (chipscinderelly)- Yes I'll let you know about the book when it arrives from ebay. ( I only paid a couple of £'s and it was pub in 2001)

Have a good night
:wave2:

Hi again :wave:

Of course, I subscribed to this thread, but am now just catching up. I'm fluent in Spanish, and I think learning some Italian is a great idea, since the kids & I plan on taking the tours in Italy. I also have a goal to lose weight before we go, so I'd like to join you. :)

I went on a 3-day cruise back in 2003 (& it was so much fun!), and neither of the kids have been on a DCL cruise, so this will be a real treat for them. I'm looking forward to making plans with you all, and hopefully meeting up with you on the cruise.

Someone mentioned uploading a spreadsheet online. Let me know if you still want to do that & I can try & upload it on my website for all of us to see.

LynnTarrant said:
Hi everyone
Mary Jo said:
Someone mentioned uploading a spreadsheet online. Let me know if you still want to do that & I can try & upload it on my website for all of us to see.

Yup, I'm a computer techie and I'd be happy to help out anyone with anything - including a spreadsheet or whatever we decide use to keep a list of cruisers.

What can I do for ya'all??

Hey all.......the spreadsheet idea sounds great, especially if we can add to it along the way, so Lynn do we need to say how many and what cruises we have already been on?

I am presently staying at GF in WDW, so I won't be adding until Friday....I'll be depressed and adding to our group will make me feel better!! Welcome newcomers...........tomspixie are you here now, too?

I'm never leaving here, BTW!

I'm in with the diet plans.........

HI jlawall!!!

I'm here too! We have to leave VERY EARLY on Saturday! I agree with yo that we don't want to leave. Every time my husband and I say that it gets harder and harder to go. Our boys were in MK last night registering for Virtual MK. Pretty cool. We are staying at our house down here and head over to property every day, only about 12 minutes. The boys have been golfing everyday!

Hope you are having a magical time!!!

PIXIE DUST!!!!
:tink:
tomspixie

Ok now I know some of you were asking about visiting Disneyland Paris whilst in Europ. I have just found out about a Hotel Train which leaves Barcelona at around 8pm and arrives at 8:30am the next morning in Paris where it's a simple matter to get onto the Euro Disney Express train. There are sleeping cars which can accommodate 4 or 2 or deluxe cars sleeping two with shower and toilet. very European to travel by train. here's the link
http://www.elipsos.com/htm/default.htm?lang=3

Awesome information Lynn! Thanks so much for sharing - I can't wait to see if that's part of DCL's pre or post cruise plans.

I've ridden the "literas" in the trains from Spain - Germany. I could have sworn there were 3 beds on each side, but it was some time ago. They're not that much more money than regular seats in a train & you don't have to get off the train when you go from Spain -> France (the reason being that the tracks in Spain are wider than the rest of Europe, so they have to lift the train & adjust the width between the wheels when crossing). I was able to stay in the litera, while the folks in the rest of the train had to get off. It was a cool adventure!

Thanks for the info, Lynn! This is something we're definitely thinking of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter