• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2012 Car Rentals

I just tried to book 21st-28th and I got a nice price of $383 for a Economy! :rotfl2:

Anyone know if there is a difference between Mid-Size and Intermediate?!? I have two reservations from two companies that list them differently or are they the same?!?

The posted Alamo codes on this thread aren't working. Does anyone know the exact coupon and id codes? thanks

That's awesome, I tried my dates, didn't work... but way to go!

I just put in your dates(7/16 - 7/26) with a 9am pickup and 9am return. I used the costco codes ID#7015309 coupon code AD2359FDF and I got the low rates too. A full size would be $138.93 (.20 less than my rate $139.13)

Then I tried the BJs codes: ID# 7014696 coupon code AD8Z21SDB same dates and times. A full size would be $141.18 (that is $2.05 more than my rate $139.13...i dont know why...but its still a GREAT deal)

Try it again and see. I think you may have mistyped something. Not unless the pickup times is what makes the difference. I put in 9am pickup and return. GOOD LUCK!!!

I just put in your dates(7/16 - 7/26) with a 9am pickup and 9am return. I used the costco codes ID#7015309 coupon code AD2359FDF and I got the low rates too. A full size would be $138.93 (.20 less than my rate $139.13)

Then I tried the BJs codes: ID# 7014696 coupon code AD8Z21SDB same dates and times. A full size would be $141.18 (that is $2.05 more than my rate $139.13...i dont know why...but its still a GREAT deal)

Try it again and see. I think you may have mistyped something. Not unless the pickup times is what makes the difference. I put in 9am pickup and return. GOOD LUCK!!!

AGAIN, WE NEED TO Show the costco member card at pickup for Alamo. If you type in the codes , a pop states this.

We are thinking about getting a car for our trip (July 20-30)
We would like to pick up at the airport and drop off at the airport.
We like National but am willing to try anything at the airport if its under $250.

Any Suggestions ???

We like National but am willing to try anything at the airport if its under $250.

Any Suggestions ???

A couple of suggestions: Using Alamo for your dates with no codes and coupons, you can get a fullsize for $213. If you have any codes or coupons you may be able to get a lower rate. Using Dollar's city special pop-up you can get a fullsize for just under $200. Both Alamo and Dollar are at the airport. Good luck!

AGAIN, WE NEED TO Show the costco member card at pickup for Alamo. If you type in the codes , a pop states this.

I have found that many people on here have EITHER a Costco membership or BJs membership. If you DO NOT have either one, then you are using the codes at your own risk. Sometimes you are asked for the coupon or proof of membership, and sometimes you are not. I have used COSTCO discount in the past without having a membership. It was a chance I took. I was never asked for coupon or proof of membership. HOWEVER, I do have a BJs membership and that is what I booked with. So my suggestion to you would be book using the codes while you are getting the great rates, then join either BJs or Costco. If you use a coupon you CAN NOT do online check-in, but you can still use the kiosk. Good luck!

Any Suggestions ???

A full size on expedia.ca with Dollar is $160 inc taxes.

I just tried to book 21st-28th and I got a nice price of $383 for a Economy! :rotfl2:

Anyone know if there is a difference between Mid-Size and Intermediate?!? I have two reservations from two companies that list them differently or are they the same?!?

Expedia.ca - economy $96, compact $99, midsize $102, fullsize $113. All rates include taxes with Dollar.

Expedia.ca - economy $96, compact $99, midsize $102, fullsize $113. All rates include taxes with Dollar.

The fullsize rate $113 for dollar is great!! I am not a fan of Dollar or Thrifty. Besides, having to pay the $10 for extra driver would cost me an additional $100 (10 days @ $10/day) so that would be $213 for me, so that wouldnt work since my alamo rate is lower and includes the driver. But there is a code in the visit orlando book (Orlando Magic Card) for Dollar rentals. That may provide additonal savings. I may as well forget Dollar low rates, DH loves the deal we got thru Alamo and ALAMO seems to be all he knows!!!

I ran rates today and looks like all the low rates are back up again. :(
I hope they come back around soon so everyone can get some good deals!!

Just now (2 pm Eastern time) booked Alalmo for July 9-18, a full nine days, booked a midsize using entertainment id and $20 off coupon, and my rate was 133 (an economy was 126) and I believe a full size was only about $10 more than mid size. These prices were including tax/fees. (The base weekly rate was like $86.) I'm pumped!!

I got $163 for my dates (July 20-30) pick up/drop off at Mco for a full size through Alamo !!
Using the costco code/coupon. (we do have a membership)
If an upgrade coupon comes up can I add it ???

We are going to Disneyland July 1 - 10 flying into LAX. We need a minivan because there are 7 of us. I try to check at least twice a day and the least expensive I have found is with the KLM code for $466.95. I am hoping for lower rates soon.:goodvibes

Can someone tell/show me how to type this in the costco travel website.

I have a membership, but can't seem to figure out where to put the codes

We are going to Disneyland July 1 - 10 flying into LAX. We need a minivan because there are 7 of us. I try to check at least twice a day and the least expensive I have found is with the KLM code for $466.95. I am hoping for lower rates soon.:goodvibes

Where will you put your luggage?
I only ask because there will be 8 of us - & for the life of me I can't figure out how we'll be able to fit the luggage unless we rent 2 large cars or one very large (14 passenger) van....

I only ask because there will be 8 of us - & for the life of me I can't figure out how we'll be able to fit the luggage unless we rent 2 large cars or one very large (14 passenger) van....

Last time we had 8 passengers and 8 pieces of luggage, we had to rent a large SUV...think extended suburban...to transport everything and everyone. Budget has these premium SUVs that fit 8 plus luggage, with a good code, you can find a deal. This summer, we have 7 passengers and luggage and we are renting a Premium SUV from Dollar at MCO. These fit only 7, but some rentals places have the 8 passenger SUV.

Two cars can also give you a great deal of flexibility with such a large group. I was originally looking for a minivan for our group but the high cost was getting to me. My wife suggested two cars. So we have full size for 15 days at $257 through Alamo. The second car is only for 7 days and is a full size from Enterprise for $124. All include taxes and fees through Costco.

When my wife's mother arrives for the second half of our trip we'll have two cars. The laddies can go shopping and I'll take the boys to the parks. Great flexibility and a pretty good price too.

I think we will be okay with a van and the luggage unless a large SUV comes down in price. I did think about renting 2 vehicles but with all the traveling we hope to do I think it would end up costing more in the end.

I did receive a National coupon code today for $35.00:
Plan your next trip with National and save $35 off your weekly rental. This exclusive offer is valid when you rent a Compact through Luxury car, Minivan or SUV. Offer valid for rentals staring by September 15th. It is coupon code ND8578ADT.
The KLM code plus the coupon takes the price down to $423.46

Booked a car thru Alamo for our trip to Ocean City Md. July 14 thru July 23. Mid size is $356.00 after my insider rate and Visa code we can take $50 off. The addional taxes added, it is $389.74. Ouch :faint:

I hope the rates go down. This is pretty steep for just a Mid size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter