July 2012 Car Rentals

I did look at Expedia.ca and could get a "standard" for about $145.00 for 7/13 - 7/23.

I guess the big question is, will DD and I save over $145 + cost of gas eating outside of WDW?

What should I do, what should I do?:confused3

staying for 10 days? that's a long time. I'd need a car. Or a least a car for 4/5 days. IF I was staying on property.

Hey TamaraQT,

Are your dates still July 18-28? Expedia.ca now has a full size for your dates, unlimited mileage and all taxes/fees included, for $162.54 CDN. The rental is through Dollar. A much better price than you were initially looking at :) .

I guess the big question is, will DD and I save over $145 + cost of gas eating outside of WDW?

What should I do, what should I do?:confused3

I know we easily save at least $145 on the great items we pick up at the outlet malls. Having a vehicle at your disposal sure increases the shopping possibilities! :thumbsup2

And dining is much, much cheaper offsite......a CiCi's buffet will be $5.99 plus tax, and there are tons of buy one, get one free coupons readily available. And that's just one example. I am certain you would save a considerable amount by eating breakfast and dinner offsite, and just buy lunch at the parks.

Hmm never rented from Hotwire before. Not sure I like not knowing what car company I am getting.... $207.90 for July 7th-15th for a Standard size car is appealing.

Checked Enterprise and got $212.00 for a Standard Size :) Not exactly what I want, but it's getting closer!

Hey TamaraQT,

Are your dates still July 18-28? Expedia.ca now has a full size for your dates, unlimited mileage and all taxes/fees included, for $162.54 CDN. The rental is through Dollar. A much better price than you were initially looking at :) .

Thanks Gina....I appreciate that, but I am going to pass and trying to hold out for Alamo. The additional driver is important to me and DH since we do a lot of dropping off and coming back to pick up. Not willing to chance not having the additional driver on the rental. If I pay for additional driver, it will add $100 to rental ($10 x 10days). But I appreciate you looking out for me. DH prefers alamo. I had a reservation with Budget and he insisted I let that go. He isn't really crazy about the expedia.ca idea either. He is just a little more cautious than the rest of us!! Nor adventurous at all :laughing:

:laughing:
We are pretty partial to Alamo too... just wish the rates would drop. :rolleyes1

Well I am holding out for Alamo too. Today my Alamo rates dropped!! :eek:
Instead of a price of $565.30 for a full size vehicle we were quoted $494.01!!! :lmao: So prices are dropping.....slowly....but they are dropping a few pennies a day!! :laughing: I guess in about two more weeks we will hit the $300s and maybe soon after that we will start reserving some reasonable prices in $200s and below. I can't wait to have this behind me. It's the very LAST thing on my vacation planning "to do" list. I am glad I am not alone in waiting for the July rates to drop. :)

I too am waiting for prices to drop. I have been watching airfare and it went up $22 overnight!:scared1:
Now I am looking at car rental as well. Do we need the car, no, but would I like it, yes. What to do, what to do...:rolleyes1

Check expedia.ca and you can get a prepaid rate of $285CAN inc taxes for a fullsize with Budget from Jul 1 - 15th. Even if you cancel you get a refund.

This question is in regards to Expedia.ca:

I'll be renting a car in Port Canaveral and returning it at Orlando Airport. I can't seem to make this happen when trying to enter my info on expedia.ca.

Any advice?

Thanks!

This question is in regards to Expedia.ca:

I'll be renting a car in Port Canaveral and returning it at Orlando Airport. I can't seem to make this happen when trying to enter my info on expedia.ca.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Looks like the expedia deals are from airport locations only and only if you return to the same location as pickup as well.

Oh. Thanks!
Maybe I'll try some finagling to see what I can come up with. Maybe take a town car to Orlando and rent a car once we get there and see how it goes...

Booked a Standard size car from Enterprise for July 7-15th for $158.55
Fullsize is $200.00 for our dates as well :banana:

I just got a oneway rental from Alamo MCO 7/22-7/29 returned to tampa airport for $184 tax & fees include. Best i've found thus far....previously running $380+ :rotfl:

$220- 1 week - Enterprise-standard size - no codes or coupons at mco. june 28 (noon) july 5 (noon).

Car and Rate Information:
Ford Fusion or similar
$158.73 - car
$60.68 - fees
=======
Total Charges $219.41

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I got the Enterprise deal too!!!! They allow a spouse as an additional driver at no charge!!! And with my BJs membership I got a couple of bucks off !! I reserved a Standard size (Ford Fusion) 7/18(9am) - 7/28(9am)...total with taxes and fees.....$187.23. With BJs membership discount, I will get free upgrade to Full-Size Impala if they have some available when I pick-up.

Another thing I noticed, I can use my Debit Card and that will make DH very
happy!!!! :laughing: The less credit used, the better in his opinion :rolleyes:
I am still holding out for a deal from Alamo since they allow to avoid the counter
with the KIOSK. But if it doesn't happen, I am VERY satisfied with Enterprise!!!

:woohoo: THANK YOU GYMSTX FOR SHARING THE INFO!!!!! :woohoo:

HOLD ON !!!!!!!!! I just tried Alamo with my BJs membership info. :scared1:

I got a FULL-SIZE CHEVY IMPALA from 7/18 - 7/28 for $139.13 !!!! :scared1:

Subtotal $82.84
+ Tax $56.29
Total $ 139.13 !!!!!

I reserved it and keep staring at the screen to let it sink in!!! :eek:

HOLD ON !!!!!!!!! I just tried Alamo with my BJs membership info. :scared1:

I got a FULL-SIZE CHEVY IMPALA from 7/18 - 7/28 for $139.13 !!!! :scared1:

Subtotal $82.84
+ Tax $56.29
Total $ 139.13 !!!!!

I reserved it and keep staring at the screen to let it sink in!!! :eek:

I still can't believe it.....$139.13!!!! :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter