July 2012 Car Rentals

I'm still sticking with my $125 from July 21-28th. For a midsize. The current prices are insane. I wish I could transfer a rez to one of you, I have two just waiting.

got a great rate with dollar...148.39 for mid size with taxes and fees for July 11-18

I've never rented from them before but that's a smokin' deal :thumbsup2

no code needed...did regular reservation and then clicked on city deals banner that came up to get that rate :thumbsup2

was doing some more checking and the rates went down again :cool1::cool1:

got a compact car through Dollar for 123.26 after taxes and fees for July 11-18, no code needed it was a city special, looks like mid size was about 10 dollars more

Hope that helps someone else! :thumbsup2

What do I need to use the Costco code? Just the number o ft he code or will I have to present something later at the counter?

I just figured out that the Costco code was the same price as the Insiders rate. No Costco code needed!

OK the new Last Minute specials went up at Alamo. Excited to go find NY - Buffalo Intl airport pricing. Nope not happening actually nothing for NY state at all. Tried my date/time 7/14 thru 7/23 slot thinking maybe pricing finally dropped.

Wellll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about it went up $80.00 !!!:sad::sad::scared: Looks like no discounts for my trip this weekend. And I have been very consistant checking Alamo pretty much twice a day for the past 2 months.

Why can't I ever cut a break. :confused3

Is there any way to revise an Alamo reservation with the rate you booked with?

I had made a rental reservation several weeks ago for a little over $120. We will be coming in a day later, so I need to remove one day from the reservation. When I try to modify, the rate is twice as much. :confused3

I can't say it was specific to Alamo, but I have had this happen before. Rates change so often that when you make a change to your ressie, you are at risk for losing the good rate. I have always had luck calling the rental agency and explaining the situation. I have always been able to keep the original rate. Good luck!

If you check the post titled "rental car" you will see that Dollar currently has an excellent sale on midsize cars for July. Just enter your ressie with no promo code and when the car options come up -click on the City Special link. I was able to reduce my National KLM rental by $100!

OK the new Last Minute specials went up at Alamo. Excited to go find NY - Buffalo Intl airport pricing. Nope not happening actually nothing for NY state at all. Tried my date/time 7/14 thru 7/23 slot thinking maybe pricing finally dropped.

Wellll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about it went up $80.00 !!!:sad::sad::scared: Looks like no discounts for my trip this weekend. And I have been very consistant checking Alamo pretty much twice a day for the past 2 months.

Why can't I ever cut a break. :confused3

Update - Now it is up to $500.00. That is over $150 increase from a rate that was not even very good. Yep no deals for me. :sad:

For those of you getting down to the wire and not finding a good deal, I had great luck with Priceline last year. We got a midsize for $13 per day, through Hertz.

Kathy

Just booked 10 days 7/21-7/31 through Budget at MCO - Intermediate sized car, total with all charges $276. Used a Southwest frequent flier code (U072700).

This is much cheaper than what I had booked before, so I thought I'd throw it out there. :goodvibes

Similarly for 7/21-7/31 we booked through the Entertainment card website. We selected Avis and reduced our rate by prepaying - our total is 274 for 10 days (full size car)

We just picked up our rental car from Alamo at Buffalo Intl Airport. I tried so hard to get good rates. Ended up paying $358 for 9 days. This was using the vroom vroom coupon with double upgrade from compact to standard for a Fusion. Was not sure about the vroom vroom so I had a back up using the v=Visa code and my Insiders for a mid size Corolla. Well they took my Vroom Vroom code for the double upgrade no problem. But in Buffalo they tell you what car you get you do not pick it out from row. :worried:

To my surprise they upgraded us to a full size Chevy Malibu. :goodvibes The guy took us over when we got to the alamo garage. He must have thought I was crazy as I told DH to wait until I inspected the car first for damage inside and out. Nope beautiful. 2012 Malibu mileage is 3,400. It has a sun roof. statelite radio power source in back for DGD MP3 and DVD players. So glad we got this as it looks like we will fill this up pretty good. 3 cases, ice chest multible tote bags with food and beach stuff. GD's Mickey DSS tote bag full of stuff to keep her buzy. Can't wait to start tomorrow morning when I pickup DH at 7:00am from work. :drive: :beach::beach:

We pick up our car from Sanford on Sunday. I have two reservations. One for a midsized SUV for $340 with upfront fuel included. The back up is a full size for $235 no fuel. I still can't decide which one I want to use.

We are back from vacation! We rented 3 midsize cars from Enterprise for $158 each. Enterprise was wonderful! The lady at the counter said I was a good shopper :) We ended up with a Chevy Malibu, a Toyota Camry, and a Nissan Ultima, all very nice cars! Not pushy at all, will rent from them again! Forgot to add that we got free upgrades from Midsize to Full Size on 2 of our cars. We would of had three full size cars but one family member went with a different gentleman that didn't give them an upgrade. Nice selection of vehicles to choose from!

We are back from vacation! We rented 3 midsize cars from Enterprise for $158 each. Enterprise was wonderful! The lady at the counter said I was a good shopper :) We ended up with a Chevy Malibu, a Toyota Camry, and a Nissan Ultima, all very nice cars! Not pushy at all, will rent from them again! Forgot to add that we got free upgrades from Midsize to Full Size on 2 of our cars. We would of had three full size cars but one family member went with a different gentleman that didn't give them an upgrade. Nice selection of vehicles to choose from!

Welcome BacK!! I had a feeling you would get a free upgrade!! Thats great!!! Good to hear you had a GREAT vacation. Thanks for giving us some info on Enterprise. I will use them in the future without hesitation when I can't get a deal at Alamo! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter