Jon and Kate Plus 8 Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say what I think, I just looked at it as a possible motive. No way to know what made Kate upset. Not yet, anyway.

Once again my typing has come across wrong. I was not trying to attact you, I am just amazed if that is the case.

Once again my typing has come across wrong. I was not trying to attact you,

no worries :)

I am just amazed if that is the case.

maybe? maybe not .. we have no way to know what, if anything, Kate was told before she arrived at the house. Jon holding the baby may not have a thing to do with it.

and I found this week's People. Kate says one of her daughters calls and tells her the latest goings on.

no worries :)

maybe? maybe not .. we have no way to know what, if anything, Kate was told before she arrived at the house. Jon holding the baby may not have a thing to do with it.

and I found this week's People. Kate says one of her daughters calls and tells her the latest goings on.[/QUOTE]

I figured that was the case. I am sure there is a loyalty to her mom.

I hate myself for watching those videos! It is definitely something we should not be seeing. Weird, though, Kate returning and Jon leaving. The barking dogs, kids yelling 'bye Daddy'. He didn't seem to say good bye to them (or the dogs apparently)

there was a video up a minute ago. LOL ... it explains why the still shot looks like it does. Kate is adjusting her shirt.

page 249 ... thread 6 won't be far behind.

and I said I wasn't going to be around for thread 5. :lmao:

It's interesting to think that maybe Mady is Kate's informant. Not terribly smart on Kate's part because if it's true, then Mady is constantly looking for things Jon is doing wrong. Of course he's pretty much an idiot these days but still, he doesn't deserve to have one his kids ratting him out. My Mom did the same thing with me when my parents divorced and it was very uncomfortable to report things back to her.

Jon's choice of a babysitter seems to me a move that he knew would drive Kate crazy. What mother wouldn't react strongly to her kids being watched by that woman? I would. However, going to the house and making a scene wasn't very bright of her. I think Jon was a jerk for hiring the babysitter/model, still though, he could've let Kate in so they could discuss it. What kind of message does that send to the kids? It says that he and Kate can't even stand to be around each other. That is sad and will make holidays and birthdays very strained for all of them, kids included.

As far as Jon's little interview with TMZ, I thought that showed poor taste. He obviously went down there to give his story and acted immaturely about it. It's such a shame that they can't be civil to one another because the only ones who will suffer from that are their kids. And I agree with many of the other posters...why on earth does Jon need multiple nannies/babysitters?? How difficult is it to watch his own kids? I'm baffled by that.

It's interesting to think that maybe Mady is Kate's informant. Not terribly smart on Kate's part because if it's true, then Mady is constantly looking for things Jon is doing wrong. Of course he's pretty much an idiot these days but still, he doesn't deserve to have one his kids ratting him out. My Mom did the same thing with me when my parents divorced and it was very uncomfortable to report things back to her.

Jon's choice of a babysitter seems to me a move that he knew would drive Kate crazy. What mother wouldn't react strongly to her kids being watched by that woman? I would. However, going to the house and making a scene wasn't very bright of her. I think Jon was a jerk for hiring the babysitter/model, still though, he could've let Kate in so they could discuss it. What kind of message does that send to the kids? It says that he and Kate can't even stand to be around each other. That is sad and will make holidays and birthdays very strained for all of them, kids included.

As far as Jon's little interview with TMZ, I thought that showed poor taste. He obviously went down there to give his story and acted immaturely about it. It's such a shame that they can't be civil to one another because the only ones who will suffer from that are their kids. And I agree with many of the other posters...why on earth does Jon need multiple nannies/babysitters?? How difficult is it to watch his own kids? I'm baffled by that.

I agree this is poor taste but he sees Kate on tv everywhere and she is talking about him and his bad judgement and how he is effecting the kids. I know these are questions asked to her but she is answering them. He is going to do a interview and it is shut down. He probably thinks that this is the only way he is going to be heard and make her look bad.Just a thought.

If it's true, it's sick. Talk about using your kids?

The People magazine article this week is SO DUMB. Kate is so brave to have cooked on the (drum roll please) GRILL this summer for her kids. She's a real Renaissance woman. She even had to return a screen to the bathroom window that one of the boys pushed out! The picture of her and the three boys out West is like a spoof of themselves! Love the dress and boots cowgirl. These people have got to burn out soon, right?

I agree this is poor taste but he sees Kate on tv everywhere and she is talking about him and his bad judgement and how he is effecting the kids. I know these are questions asked to her but she is answering them. He is going to do a interview and it is shut down. He probably thinks that this is the only way he is going to be heard and make her look bad.Just a thought.

Oh sure, I totally agree.:thumbsup2 I just think that it's too easy for either of them to use media outlets. Imagine if you (general of course) were going through a nasty divorce and had access to the media so you could set the record straight. Tempting. Jon probably was chomping at the bit when he walked down to the fence and spoke with TMZ. However, by doing that, now the paps will spend even longer hanging around the Gosselin manor in the hopes of scoring more info. from Jon. :sad2: It really is like a bad novel or TV movie.

And is that girl ever dressed in something other than short shorts and mini skirts? What a great role model for those 5 girls.

Marsha

Kate has been seen in that type of clothing all summer.

There are paps there all the time, it amazes me that they haven't posted pictures and/or video of the altercation between Jon and Kate yet, or have I missed it?

Me too. Maybe a mag bought them?

I hate myself for watching those videos! It is definitely something we should not be seeing. Weird, though, Kate returning and Jon leaving. The barking dogs, kids yelling 'bye Daddy'. He didn't seem to say good bye to them (or the dogs apparently)

Yes, it is very sad. It looked like he was saying good-bye when Kate pulled up and walked over. He was giving everyone kisses. It also broke my heart to see the little girl standing there staring as he left.

But remember, he was interviewed before her.
Jn was interviewed here:
"In Touch Weekly about the reasoning behind their split (he says Kate wanted a career), Kate went on 'Today' to argue otherwise." Both of them should stop the interviews. I wonder if TLC has it in their contract that they have to give out so many of them.

As for Maddy telling her mom what is going on..that too, is not unusual. Mady is prob trying to show her mom she's not against her. She's just a kid, she isn't dumb, and she too knows it would upset her mom. It worked, mom came right on over. This is all normal divorce stuff. Just having it told to everyone, that's the different part.

Jn was interviewed here:
"In Touch Weekly about the reasoning behind their split (he says Kate wanted a career), Kate went on 'Today' to argue otherwise." Both of them should stop the interviews. I wonder if TLC has it in their contract that they have to give out so many of them.

That was after Kate did her People magazine article the day before the 45 day silent period.

If I wasn't ok with who was watching my kids I:

1) wouldn't have left...I'd have hopped that fence and run up to get my kids. let Jon call the cops on me, not me on him!!

2)Put and end to questionable babysitters when we first saw pics of her coming out of the garage. There has to be a legal solution to who would be allowed to nanny/babysit where both parents agree.

There is NO proof that this girl is anything other than a babysitter. She is iffy, IMO and there is no way I would have let an issue of suitability go on this long. If Kate was worried about the welfare of the kids, this would have been addressed properly and in writing the minute it came up.

Aren't most nannies young girls?

I can't stress #1 above enough. If I was even remotely concerned about my kids I would not have left them, even if I got myself arrested.

Like I said, I would have stayed hell or high water...I would not have divorced when DD was little. I could not have stood it. I freely admit it.:scared1:

I'm not really saying Jon did anything with this babysitter, after all, he says he is in love with Hailey. I just would not want her around my children. But I wouldn't want any woman mothering my child so good thing I didn't have 8 kids.

I doubt Kate was as concerned for their safety and just upset about the situation. I think if she was concerned for their safety she would not leave either. I think she is a mama bear like most moms.

I think this is the worst part of divorce - especially for someone as controlling as Kate. She can no longer control who enters her kids lives and has influence over them. Each parent makes those decisions for themselves and their values in this area might not match. It is sad... I feel for her but this is part of divorce. Jon can have whoever he wants watch the kids or be around them...he is the parent/decision maker when he is with them.

I think you've hit the nail right on the head with this post. For the first time in 10 years, Kate has NO control over what Jon does, and legally he can make decisions without her input.

I wish I had a a babysitter!! I can't hear the video over the kids in my house! I think he well, looked genuine anyway. I really can't blame him for talking sometimes, when Kate does hers so much more publicly and often (I know his interview was canceled). And he really doesn't trash Kate when he does.

I agree, but I think if he'd been reading our thread he'd have realized that he'd be better off saying nothing. He didn't have to say anything because the police had told Kate to leave, not him.

In PA the parents have to meet with a mediator before even going to a custody hearing. The parents meet together with a mediator ( a nuetral lawyer ) that does nothing but mediations then they try to work out an agreement. If nothing can be worked out then they are to proceed with a custody hearing witch can take months to have here in PA. I am from Berks county (where the Gosselin's live) and a co-worker of mine just went through a divorce in Berks courts and this is what he had to do. Then as far as the divorce goes if nothing can be agreed upon as far as splitting all the assets if the 2 sides can't agree then in 2 years the divorce is final reguardless of the parties. Now as far as the house would go....I wonder, since they say they bought if for the children and their lawyer actually bought it....who's names are on the deed....because your name does not have to be on the mortgage to be on the deed. This is the case with my brother and his wife ( also in Berks county ) , they are separated the mortagage is in his name, he pays it yet her name is on the deed with his and the cops say that she can come into the house at anytime and they can't do anything about it. I hope this long post makes sense!

Thanks for getting us on the same page here.

Well, I think that is a mistake on Kate's part. They have said many times that the house is where the kids live. When it is her time she has the kids at the house, when it is Jon's turn, he has the kids at the house. It is not Jon's problem that she has not secured a place to live when it is his time with the kids.

If I were in a similar arrangement I would not want my Ex at the house when it is my time. In Jon's case, he knows how controlling Kate is so I can see why he doesn't want her there.

Wasn't it reported last week that the kids were left with a babysitter while Kate was away and Jon was not at the house watching the other kids because it wasn't his day and he wasn't "allowed"? So, I guess what goes around comes around.

Jon comes and goes because that is the custody agreement, just like Kate comes and goes. It is not his fault that on her days she was doing interviews in NYC. That was her choice, she could have refused or done them on different days.

ITA! And from what I understand, he needed the babysitter while he was filming (interviews, I'm assuming)

Ok, but why the big scene now? Steph has been around a bit (2 weeks?). While weren't concerns already taken care of?

It doesn't sound to me like Jon did anything wrong, even in using this particular babysitter. Ideal? No, but if it really is an issue, then Kate better be in court today drawing up papers with a list of acceptable people (agreeable to both) to watch the kids.

I'm no fan of Jon, but I still think he comes off as genuine in the video. He speaks freely, seems honest and is not carefully selecting every word to make sure he doesn't slip up.

ITA! There must be more to this -- did Kate have a bad day and wanted to yell at somebody ie. Jon, was she considering Regis' idea of getting back together, did she get lost in the airport (sorry, had to add that one :lmao:)?

Kate has been seen in that type of clothing all summer.

Me too. Maybe a mag bought them?

Yes, it is very sad. It looked like he was saying good-bye when Kate pulled up and walked over. He was giving everyone kisses. It also broke my heart to see the little girl standing there staring as he left.

You are such a smart cookie! You posted everything I was thinking.

Jn was interviewed here:

That was the only interview he did about the divorce and it was after the People magazine article, which was done before the 45 day ban on talking, but came out after the divorce was announced.

Kate is still in the lead by 3 (interviews, that is) and the last People article was nasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter