Jon and Kate Plus 8 Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the police carried her luggage out to the car at 4:00am? the police?

I wonder how many babysitters there actually are, not including Jon's newest hire. there's an Asian girl (is she Korean? I can't remember...) that's been with them for a while, and at least one other girl is in a lot of the pictures at the house .. and I'm not sure where Ashley (Carla's daughter) fits in to the mix, she might be the one in the pictures, I don't know...

Here, the police would do the same---esp. if someone was being harrassed by the paps at 4 am. She was probably trying to get up early and leave quietly. She probably loooked out the window or door and saw them out there ready for her to emerge. I do not blame her for calling them at 4 am.

I haven't read everything - can't keep up. I truly do believe that Kate is trying to do what is best for her kids (or what she thinks is best anyway). I think Jon is doing his best to hurt Kate and push her over the edge. Hiring a babysitter knowing it's going to drive her crazy is NOT in the best interest of the kids. I foresee some sort of tragedy in the future.

:thumbsup2 He is trying to hurt her deeply and he is. You can tell very simply that she is crushed by these strange and floozy women being around her kids. That interview of him is quite the show. He's acting all innocent when he knows exactly what he is doing to her. Let'em hire an ol' fat lady to babysit instead of a 23yo cocktail waitress. No way in heck he'd do that because he's trying to get her goat. He's a *******. And I'd be surprised if ANY mother on this thread would be OK with this if it was happening to them with their children.
While I understand that Kate should not be there on Jon's days, I can understand why she reacted the way she did. That is why I would have probably enduring most anything while my DD was young so as not be allow a stranger to be near my daughter--yeah, I'm that controlling.
And Jon respects Kate's days with the kids because she isn't having hunky young men slepping over or whatever on her days.
I feel nothing but sympathy for her. I would absolutely hate going through what they are going through. Those poor kids!

I wonder ifone of the kids called herto say who was babysitting. Do you think she would know if they didn't?

Jon has officially become something I can't repeat here for fear of getting points.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20298031,00.html

Jon: Kate 'Tried to Cry It Up for the Cops – and It Didn't Work'
By Brian Orloff

Originally posted Friday August 14, 2009 03:40 PM EDT
Jon Gosselin

Photo by: Jerritt Clark / Getty

Jon Gosselin is speaking out about the police incident that sent his estranged wife Kate off in a crying fit on Thursday.

"[Kate] tried to come home yesterday and I wouldn't let her in the gate and I guess she called the police," the reality star, 32, tells Splash News in a new interview. "It was a miscommunication."

On Thursday, police were called to the family's Wernersville, Pa., home after Kate showed up with concerns over the babysitter caring for her children. But she was denied access to the property because of her custody agreement.

"She tried to 'cry it up' with the cops and it didn't work," Jon says. "They said, 'You have to leave.' " According to the reality star, police called the incident a "civil matter." Kate then left on her on accord.

Jon says he called a babysitter, Stephanie Santoro, to watch the children because he had to "get things done." Kate, apparently, wasn't thrilled with the babysitter he hired, but Jon says he doesn't understand why – or why she came over without warning.

"I have no idea [why she was unhappy]. I guess [because] she didn't have approval. I didn't come home when she had custody and make a big stink. We're good judges of taking care of our kids and when we need babysitters, we need babysitters."

Kate Gosselin had no comment on the matter.

I love the part where he says they need childcare during interviews becuase "First of all sound quality and secondly we need childcare".

Shows his priorities that is for sure. Heaven forbid they not get good sound quality becuase their kids are running around!!

Here, the police would do the same---esp. if someone was being harrassed by the paps at 4 am. She was probably trying to get up early and leave quietly. She probably loooked out the window or door and saw them out there ready for her to emerge. I do not blame her for calling them at 4 am.

:thumbsup2 He is trying to hurt her deeply and he is. You can tell very simply that she is crushed by these strange and floozy women being around her kids. That interview of him is quite the show. He's acting all innocent when he knows exactly what he is doing to her. Let'em hire an ol' fat lady to babysit instead of a 23yo cocktail waitress. No way in heck he'd do that because he's trying to get her goat. He's a *******. And I'd be surprised if ANY mother on this thread would be OK with this if it was happening to them with their children.
While I understand that Kate should not be there on Jon's days, I can understand why she reacted the way she did. That is why I would have probably enduring most anything while my DD was young so as not be allow a stranger to be near my daughter--yeah, I'm that controlling.
And Jon respects Kate's days with the kids because she isn't having hunky young men slepping over or whatever on her days.
I feel nothing but sympathy for her. I would absolutely hate going through what they are going through. Those poor kids!

If I wasn't ok with who was watching my kids I:

1) wouldn't have left...I'd have hopped that fence and run up to get my kids. let Jon call the cops on me, not me on him!!

2)Put and end to questionable babysitters when we first saw pics of her coming out of the garage. There has to be a legal solution to who would be allowed to nanny/babysit where both parents agree.

There is NO proof that this girl is anything other than a babysitter. She is iffy, IMO and there is no way I would have let an issue of suitability go on this long. If Kate was worried about the welfare of the kids, this would have been addressed properly and in writing the minute it came up.

Aren't most nannies young girls?

I can't stress #1 above enough. If I was even remotely concerned about my kids I would not have left them, even if I got myself arrested.

Aren't most nannies young girls?

If I was even remotely concerned about my kids I would not have left them, even if I got myself arrested.

Not always

TOTALLY agree with the bolded part! If the paps can camp out there at the fence, I would be too if I was asked to leave the property....

I though they owned the house. Who owns it? Are they just renting it?:confused3

I think I have this right, or pretty close ... from what I understand, the house was bought in trust (is that how you say it?) .. I'm not sure what the legal terminology is for it, but whatever they did in buying the house wasn't unusual for celebrities or expensive homes. That was uncovered some months ago on one of the blogs, by someone with access to real estate records or something. It might have even be in the public records of Pennsylvania.
-------
Knowing what we know now (with Jon and Kate talking about the house being for the children), I wonder if that means the trust represents the children, separately of Jon and Kate? Is that something that's even possible?

If I wasn't ok with who was watching my kids I:

1) wouldn't have left...I'd have hopped that fence and run up to get my kids. let Jon call the cops on me, not me on him!!

[clip]

I can't stress #1 above enough. If I was even remotely concerned about my kids I would not have left them, even if I got myself arrested.
Unless they were doing something that put my children in danger (just not liking the person, because of her job wouldn't be considered dangerous), I wouldn't take a chance on getting arrested. That's a good way (at least in NYS) to lose physical custody. Arrest records don't bode well at family court...especially not tresspassing when it's not your custodial day :(

Now as far as the house would go....I wonder, since they say they bought if for the children and their lawyer actually bought it....who's names are on the deed....because your name does not have to be on the mortgage to be on the deed. This is the case with my brother and his wife ( also in Berks county ) , they are separated the mortagage is in his name, he pays it yet her name is on the deed with his and the cops say that she can come into the house at anytime and they can't do anything about it. I hope this long post makes sense!

it does make sense, at least to me, LOL ... you're more or less saying what I thought had happened with the house, that a lawyer/trust bought it but it's not known whose name the house is in.

Unless they were doing something that put my children in danger (just not liking the person, because of her job wouldn't be considered dangerous), I wouldn't take a chance on getting arrested. That's a good way (at least in NYS) to lose physical custody. Arrest records don't bode well at family court...especially not tresspassing when it's not your custodial day :(

I agree with you.

Exactly! So why was Kate there in the first place and why did she call the police, if there was no emergency?

I have no sympathy for her. Her little "meltdown" didn't have the desired effect she wished it would have. She tried to manipulate the police into giving her what she wanted ~ when that didn't work, she stormed away.

I also agree with the last part - send the darn babysitters home and be with your kids! :sad2:

I had to put earbuds in and listen (my kids are so loud, sometimes. LOLOL) to what Jon said. If I understand it correctly, I misheard the first time. It was as a PP said -- he needed to call a sitter to finish filming something.

So there's the full time nanny, and several other sitters that rotate in and out on an as needed basis. that makes sense, I think!

I absolutely believe she did the right thing by calling the police at 4am... no doubt about it. I would have done the same thing.

I'm a little surprised at the luggage carrying, but it sounds like maybe that isn't unusual at all. I'm also a little surprised she had much of anything in the room with her, given how brief her stay was. But that's just pure speculation on my part .. Kate may have intended to stay longer and something prompted her to leave. Until she gives an interview on the subject, we won't know.

Well we arrived this morning to Disney and no sign of Kate so I guess this isn't her destination--at least I hope not!!!! No sign of TLC film crews, papparazzi or Jon and his lady friends.
I couldn't believe all that transpired since last night. I think the police are going to get awful tired of the Gosselin's. Whoever said that this stuff doesn't look good in court is right.

Exactly! So why was Kate there in the first place and why did she call the police, if there was no emergency?

I didn't say that it wouldn't be upsetting to myself (or Kate) if someone like that was in my home with my children (or their home..but let's face it, it's the home Kate lives in the most, if she has her name on the mortage or not). I'm sure to Kate, knowing what she thought was a bimbo was around her kids was an emergency. I was just responding to the PP who said she wouldn't care if she was arrested. I'm sure many of us would have done just what Kate did..but she found out that it is a civil case, not a police matter. She left..that was smart in my book. Insisting on staying there, and getting arrested would not have been smart IMO, if the goal is to keep being with her kids.

Well we arrived this morning to Disney and no sign of Kate so I guess this isn't her destination--at least I hope not!!!! No sign of TLC film crews, papparazzi or Jon and his lady friends.
I couldn't believe all that transpired since last night. I think the police are going to get awful tired of the Gosselin's. Whoever said that this stuff doesn't look good in court is right.

I don't know if you mean me or not. I said getting arrested wouldn't look good in civil court. Having company at the house, or going to try and see her kids prob won't affect either of them for custody. It's what happens after that that might not look good (if Kate were to fight with the police and try to get in the house, or Jon involved with drugs in teh same room with the kids (not that I think he is, I don't happen to see signs of drugs in him).

Very little is allowed other than care and support of the kids in family court.

I'm also a little surprised she had much of anything in the room with her, given how brief her stay was. But that's just pure speculation on my part .. Kate may have intended to stay longer and something prompted her to leave. Until she gives an interview on the subject, we won't know.
Hadn't she just arrived home? That was prob her luggage from her trip still in the car. Leaving it in the car wouldn't have been a good idea with all the paps out there.

Hadn't she just arrived home? That was prob her luggage from her trip still in the car. Leaving it in the car wouldn't have been a good idea with all the paps out there.

maybe? She got home from NYC on Wednesday. There could have still been bags in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter