• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party worst experience EVER at a Disney park

I would definitely contact Guest Services and demand a refund.
"Demand" is a strong word. I think if you lay out the situation in a calm, factual matter they'll make it right. Save the demand as a final option.:)

Agree with everyone else. Definitely email guest services. We were refunded a Star Wars Party when the show was rained out and we didn’t complain to anyone or anything. They will definitely refund you and possibly more. This is unacceptable. The group that runs these parties here is usually better than this. They are usually very very good. So sorry this happened to you.

Normally, I'm team eyeroll with these sorts of posts, but in this instance I do believe that you should contact guest services. That was clearly an unacceptable experience.

We do many of the extras too and they are usually great, but we had a bad experience one year at one of the earlier Villian Party nights and guest services had no problem refunding our party charges.

I think too many people complain and email Disney for minor things. I'm really not a complainer. But in this situation I would definitely contact guest services. That's unacceptable.

I was at JBJB on 11/9. I didn't do the dessert party but what I did see of it looked very nice. I'm sorry you didn't get to experience the event the way it was meant to be.

I guess I don't understand how a dessert party gets double-booked. I would definitely contact Guest Services and demand a refund. Standing around for 30 minutes when you were expecting to be sitting/relaxing and eating desserts means you didn't get what you paid for.
I would guess it gets double booked the same way airline seats gets double booked. They expect a certain number of people to pay and not show up. Most of hte time they get by with it. When everyone shows up, you have a mess.
The key is how the mess is handled and in this case, it sounds like it was not done well.
While I rarely complain, as mistkes happen, as everyone else has said, in this case, I would send the email.

I guess I don't understand how a dessert party gets double-booked. I would definitely contact Guest Services and demand a refund. Standing around for 30 minutes when you were expecting to be sitting/relaxing and eating desserts means you didn't get what you paid for.
Maybe the tables got double assigned more than the party got overbooked.
If I can explain, (just tossing out examples, not exact figures)
Say there are 200 guests that attend, they have 200 seats set up.
They are supposed to assign 200 different guests to those seats
But someone accidentally assigns 10 of those seats twice. That means somewhere, 10 seats are left unassigned but since they have a paper system it may take them a while to figure out where those 10 empty seats are
So, double booked seats but not overbooked.
Make sense?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter