Jersey Week November 2019 Crowd Levels

Phil from PA

Mouseketeer
My Dad turns 80 in November 2019 and wanted to take him and my mother down to Disney for his birthday week starting on Sunday, November 3rd which appears to be the start of Jersey Week on top of the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon that weekend.

I am getting mixed information on the crowd levels with some people saying the size of the crowds are overblown and others stating it is a nightmare. Touring Plans is showing November 2018 (November 2019 is not out yet) for that week ranging between a 1 and 4 on their scale. Meanwhile other sites are showing it as heavy crowds.

I can go the week before right before Halloween just to be on the safe side but it kind of misses something not being there on his birthday.

What are peoples experiences with "Jersey Week" and the race?

TIA

My Dad turns 80 in November 2019 and wanted to take him and my mother down to Disney for his birthday week starting on Sunday, November 3rd which appears to be the start of Jersey Week on top of the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon that weekend.

I am getting mixed information on the crowd levels with some people saying the size of the crowds are overblown and others stating it is a nightmare. Touring Plans is showing November 2018 (November 2019 is not out yet) for that week ranging between a 1 and 4 on their scale. Meanwhile other sites are showing it as heavy crowds.

I can go the week before right before Halloween just to be on the safe side but it kind of misses something not being there on his birthday.

TIA
Expect crowds.

Yes, I just got an update from TP and all the levels went up that week, some as many as 3 levels. I would pick another week or do what we are doing - we are going from October 30 - November 5th, leaving the 5th. We also have the Marathon and Wine and Dine. So, maybe October into November 4th, leaving the 4th? There is still a lot available up until then.
What day is his actual birthday?

▵Nov. 3 2018
Saturday
Walt Disney World Overall Crowd Level increased from 3 to 5.

Nov. 4, 2018
Sunday

Nov.5, 2018
Monday
Walt Disney World Overall Crowd Level increased from 2 to 5

ETA: Of course, it's not an exact science...

Wouldn't you want to pick a "quieter, less crowded time" for your 80 year old Dad and your Mom? I certainly would!:scratchin Airfaire along is probably higher if you are flying, not to mention crowd levels.
That time of year is nicknamed Jersey Week for a reason.:scared1: Enjoy your trip whenever you go!::yes::

Wouldn't you want to pick a "quieter, less crowded time" for your 80 year old Dad and your Mom? I certainly would!:scratchin Airfaire along is probably higher if you are flying, not to mention crowd levels.
That time of year is nicknamed Jersey Week for a reason.:scared1: Enjoy your trip whenever you go!::yes::

Parents work out a couple of times a week, Mom drives a Miata and Dad drives a convertible Mustang. Dad is 80 going on 60. Think of the cool version of the parents in Back to the Future.

Would have been nice to be there for his birthday but leaning to going a week earlier.

Go when you want. There are always crowds. You can't avoid crowds. There are always posts of people going during a "slower" time and then they get slammed with crowds.

Except Easter and Christmas week. Avoid those weeks like the plague.

We are doing Jersey Week this year. We are going to go in with a good plan, FP+ and just enjoy ourselves.

Parents work out a couple of times a week, Mom drives a Miata and Dad drives a convertible Mustang. Dad is 80 going on 60. Think of the cool version of the parents in Back to the Future.

Would have been nice to be there for his birthday but leaning to going a week earlier.

Okay one more thing to throw into the mix. If you go the week leading up to Halloween, you'll have two-three nights with a party at MK. If you go the week of Nov 3, you won't have a party until the 7th or 8th, giving you many more options for planning your days.

▵Nov. 3 2018
Saturday

Nov. 4, 2018
Sunday

Nov.5, 2018
Monday
Walt Disney World Overall Crowd Level increased from 2 to 5

ETA: Of course, it's not an exact science...

You are looking at the incorrect numbers. Touring plans had issues when sending out the emails this weekend and the numbers were wrong. They sent out 3 emails and only the last one has the correct predictions. They posted about it on their blog .

If your email is like mine, I didn't even realize I got 3 emails until I went and read the blog. Gmail only showed me the first one and the rest were filed below and I had to click to read them .

I have been during Jersey week and are going again this year and I didn't think the crowds were bad at all. My son's birthday happens to coincide with Jersey week, so we go. As long as you have a plan, it is definitely doable .

Great stuff and it is appreciated. We have been going on and off since 1972 and we used to camp at Fort Wilderness but my parents never stayed on site hotel. Looking to do Port Orleans Riverside and maybe even a character meal somewhere along the line. Last time we were down we had 12 and the time before that 18 people total.

This time looking to do a more relaxed trip to smell the roses and spend alot of time at Wine and Food Festival. It just gets hard to switch modes from a military operation touring plan to a leisurely "soak in all the atmosphere" type of trip. Oh and it is just going to be the 4 of us.

We are going Oct31-Nov7 2019 and the main reason we chose those dates is because we don't want to deal with parties at MK. We are going the cheap route and not getting PH.

Has it been confirmed when the Wine and Dine marathon will be? I know there was some debate as to which weekend it would be.

We are going Oct31-Nov7 2019 and the main reason we chose those dates is because we don't want to deal with parties at MK. We are going the cheap route and not getting PH.

Has it been confirmed when the Wine and Dine marathon will be? I know there was some debate as to which weekend it would be.

I've been trying to get that date confirmed myself for the Wine and Dine marathon. I was thinking of just booking hotel for both weekends and then just cancelling out when the date comes out.

TIA

Don't fret....It really isn't that bad...This will be our 6 th visit during JW.....& Yes although back in 2010&2011 it was waay less crowded than now, it still is very manageable....I would say back then crowd sizes were like 4's...and now they're more like 6's and 7's . Mostly because they've added the marathons for that weekend...And resorts have been fully booked for a while too....*( this doesn't necessarily mean it translates into higher crowds at the parks, but it does bring them up some.)
The key is just not heading to Epcot on a Friday and a Sat. because locals flock to F&W...And usually the MVMCP is on the Thursday & Friday too... The good thing is that the weather is basically perfect...

I have been there twice during Jersey Week.
The crowds were worse than the 2 weeks before. We now plan to go before Jersey week. The crowds were not horrible, but definitely busier.

I agree about the Christmas parties. Next year Jersey week will be week of 11/4. Early enough that you won't run into too many Christmas parties. You may have one or two. There are some years where Jersey Week starts on the 7th or so and there are more Christmas parties that week. It happened in 2016. There were 4 that week.

We usually go the end of August. This year we decided on Jersey Week since it fell early enough that we assumed there would be 2 parties and we were right. Had I chosen August we would've been stuck with Halloween parties during our week. I'm glad we went with Jersey Week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!