Jay-nee's journal

Well, had a great time at my Mom's, spent time with my sister's family too. Nice to have a break... Kids love to go up there...

So, the damage report. I have to say that I did so well on Friday and even most of Saturday until dinner. I didn't have seconds, but we had a big meal and Mom served us (I've decided that you should never let someone serve you). My family loves food and we all have weigh issues, although some more then others...

So, I was bad on Saturday night, trouble is...I was bad on Sunday morning for breakfast too. Then I was okay (other than 2 cookies) the rest of the day. Mom had to send home cookies and shrimp dip too. Argh! All the stuff I love...

Got home and was really bummed, I miss my Mom since she moved... But, I jumped on the bike for 30 minutes and felt a little better. Tried to eat well and drink water.

So, today... DH brought home a dozen donuts. Argh! I've decided that the adult members of my family have definately contributed to my weight, big time. Ironically, my kids are 100% supportive... Weird, but you know familes...

So 2 donuts, not 3 or 4, but 2 (but, of course, bavarian cream - probably the worst ones for you, right?). And then, did well at lunch until DS brought out the shrimp dip. Only 4 ritz with dip, but I feel like a pig and my stomach is not helping. I feel bloated... I am going to ride the bike again after dinner (I already rode this am) and I am going to, finally, do my new pilates tape! I wish my Mom had a bike at her house, that would make life so much easier when we visit... She's talking about it...and I'm encouraging her... :-)

So, bloated me will sign off... I am so disappointed at my lack of willpower of late. But, I guess I should be thankful that it wasn't whole days and I definately did alot better than I used to. I will try to focus on that!

Tomorrow is WI day, yikes... Keeping my fingers crossed... Think loss...

BTW, thank you to Sunny, Jen, and Michelle for all of your support. You guys are great! I really appreciate your kind words and understanding of this journey... Did you guys make any resolutions? I didn't...probably should have...

Hi Jay-nee
I had to stop by and see your post after reading you did the same thing at your Mom's New Years Day! I think one of the problems I have is I associate warm/loving times with my Mom with FOOD. I just can't pass it up at her house. I'm glad you got on the bike. That makes all the difference when you have a slip. Somehow it signals an end to the eating.

I'm sure we will be back into the swing of things now that January is here and the holidays are behind us. Routine is a good thing for diets!!!!

Sundie

Hi Jay-nee!

I just read through your journal. At first, I thought you had knee surgery and I was VERY worried for you! Now I see it wasn't - whew! And no lecture from me! I would rather know things were taken care of, than wait for my dh to get around to it, because that would be like... NEVER! LOL!

What kind of critters do you have? Any horses? My dd is a horse fanatic. Since we have moved, we haven't been able to find a place for her to ride. I am still searching, but she is definitely disappointed. Luckily sports and tutoring are keeping her afternoons busy enough.

You are doing GREAT! Congrats on hitting that 1 month mark with WISH. You are doing so well and you should be SO proud! The average American gains 11 pounds (according to the news) over the holiday season and you are losing! WAY TO GO!!

Welcome to WISH! :flower3: I look forward to reading about your continued success!

hey jaynee! i know what you mean about the family--my grandmother lives with us and every time i see her she is pushing food down my throat--i started to have to t ell her that i just ate!!
dont worry about that one weekend--we all do it ...that will be me next week :)

I am down to 182 today (my WI day)! That's 2 more lbs gone forever! I've lost a total of 10 lbs! I even grabbed my 10 lb clippie, see! And, I've updated my ticker too!

Wow, am I psyched! It must have helped just to be aware that I was eating more than I needed. Today I have been really good, I feel back on track. I am hungry today, kinda weird as I have eaten enough but it probably due to the overeating the last few days and my stomach getting back on track too!

Well, I have a plan to make it to my 1000 minute Jan challenge now and I am going to try really hard to stick to it. If I do what I plan, I should be fine with both the 1000 minute challenge and the 5 lb challenge too! Although the 5 lb challenge will be very interesting with our WDW trip and all, I am still going to try very, very hard to stay focused there too!

Well, thanks to Sunny and Jen for all of the supportive words. I really appreciate everyones positive thoughts...really appreciate!

Geetey - welcome to my journal. Thanks for the positive thoughts... As far as animals, we have a border collie dog, a mixed breed barn cat, 2 pygmy goats, and a Welsh Pony from all places, Gilman City, Missouri! Isn't that funny? Wow, I am so glad that I didn't gain 11 lbs during the holidays, as it was I was at my heaviest ever right after Thanksgiving, thus the changes I had to make, and soon. I was pushing that 200 lb mark and I knew I didn't want to go there. I am trying really, really hard to not be obsessed about this and just make good choices and life changes. I hope it is so. I am going to try and read your journal soon, and get to know you a bit too. :-) Thank you again... The support here has made such a difference in my success level, I am sure of it!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :rockband: :thewave: :cheer2: :cheer2:
CLIPPIE PARTY!

Congratulatios Jay-nee!

You are doing a great job. That is a beautiful 10 pound clippie. :smooth: Keep up the great work.
Beth

jay-nee--just wanted to say i will be back next week to check in--not sure if i will be on tomorrow or not..but keep up the good work :)

Clippie party at Jay-nees!!!! Wooo Hooooo

I'm so happy for you. Your positive post really lightened my heart. It is so great to get to share in other people's excitement!:hyper2: Keep up the great work!

Sundie

Sunny, you are a hoot! I wish I was having a party... Having a tough time at home right now with DH. It's stressing me out big time. Hopefully it will smooth out and soon!

As always, trying to keep that positive attitude... Thank God, it's my style or I'd be drowning by now. :-( I just hope we have it ironed out by the time we leave for WDW (only 14 days, argh!)...

I haven't read anyones journals lately, just trying to keep my head above water on the homefront, being self centered, argh! I'll catch up soon, I hope. I think I'm working tomorrow morning so it will probably be Sat morning, if no ones up. It always seems that when I sit down to the comp, the kids come out of the woodwork, "whatcha doing Mom?" Too funny... Must be kid radar...

BTW, it's snowing again... Here in Maine, it seems like it is winter 1/2 of the year... Plus, we walk the dog three times a day year round, yes, even if it is -20 degrees, and, believe me, Kip (the dog) still loves it! I just like the fresh air and change of scenery... The reason I mention this is because I am heading out for the 3pm walk and I know how cold it is out! Yikes...

Jen, Sunny, Michelle, Beth, zoesmama - thanks for the party... it made me smile...

:hug: Jay-nee,

I'm sorry things are rough at home right now. I will send :wizard: that you get things straightened out before the trip.

Don't worry about the journals. We know you are busy.

Take care,
Beth

Jaynee, I'm sorry you are having some troubles with DH. I do hope you guys get everything worked out soon. :hug:

Like Beth said, don't worry about journals. Sometimes you just can't get to them and that's okay, we all understand because it happens to us too! ::yes::

I hope you enjoyed your walk today! :)

Michelle and Beth... I am just trying to focus on the positive forces in my life and not dwell on the negitivity. Some days it's harder than others...

Keeping up with my exercise helps alot, I need those endorphins! Plus, my kids are awesome, really awesome!

Actually considering not going on trip now. But, have a bit of time before the final decision has to be made. Funny, I'm not bumming about this. If we don't go to WDW, I might just bring the kids to NYC and up to my Mom's for another visit too. Just trying to think about my options right now...

I'm doing well with my exercise and my food intake too. I'm trying really hard to stay focused, but like I read on Sundie's journal, all my weaknesses are just calling me! But, so far, I have gotten through them.

Well, I don't want to bum anyone out, just wanted to get my thoughts out. Kinda clear my head a bit...

Hope everyone else is having a GREAT day! I'm going to try to...

Congrats on the weight loss. I hope everything straightens out on the homefront. :grouphug:

Hi jay-nee! I'm Jen and I'm pretty new here!

I just wanted to tell you I think you are doing an amazing job! Keep it up and take care of YOU! That is the best part of the journals I'm finding.. You can clear your head and take a minute for yourself!

Have a great day!

Not sure where DH and I stand so just keeping my fingers crossed, he's at work this evening until early morning and we are going to hash things out tomorrow, his idea (that's a good thing). Hopefully, we will be back on solid ground sometime soon. Lots of questions right now, very scary emotionally.

I exercising in the morning and the evening through all of this, for sanity. Appetite is way down, so I am forcing myself to eat (honestly, never had that problem before).

This journal helps, plus I have started a paper one too. I have found it very helpful as life has been topsy-turvy. Kinda blindsided by this...not our usual style in the last 18 years together...

Sarahsmom 73 and wilderness01 - Thanks for the well wishes, nothing like having support. I'm trying to stay focused on the good stuff in my life right now...it works, sometimes...

Everyone, pray for our family, please? We could really use the positive thoughts our way right now...

You've got ny prayers and well wishes too! I hope everything is ok! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter