Ja's WDW Make A Wish PreTrip April/May '13

Moodyzblu said:
Joining in :wave2:

Precious girls ! (I have girl envy ever since giving birth to my twin SONS :rolleyes:)

Love the cake .. nice job !

Looking forward to more of your trip plans :thumbsup2

Thanks for joining in! Girls are fun, but I might envy YOU in 10 years or so. 2 teenage girls! My poor DH, surrounded by girls - even our 2 cats and lizard are all female!

Just got an email from our wish grantor. Meeting on Saturday to discuss countdown and "reveal" party.... This is really happening! Wooooooo!

We had a nice visit with our wish grantor today. We met at the city's Conservatory - nice to see flowers instead of snow! Ja tends to race around, but C is so serious, reading the plant names and observing everything.
Starting in April, the girls will have a "countdown box" with a little activity or present each day. They're going to have a blast :-)

April will be hectic, with Easter, my mom's birthday, a weekend camp with our local kids cancer society..... Ja also has a lumbar puncture scheduled for April 1. She tends to bounce back quickly from the MTX, hopefully this holds true. The girls also start dance class and soccer (at some point when it stops being winter!)

Wednesday is our 1 month mark! :-)

Sounds like you had a great day. :) Yay for the countdown box. April does sound hectic, but fun. Praying for the lumbar.

The cake turned out great! Hope the lumbar puncture goes well and yay for a 1 month count down!:banana:

2rwqoau.gif

Happy Easter Everyone!

The girls are cuddled on the couch with their new Wreck-It Ralph dolls.
Last Easter we had a picnic at the hospital - Ja was diagnosed the Thursday before Easter. I am just so thankful that we're home this year with our honey badger.
It's going to be an emotional week as we approach the 1 year diagnosis anniversary on Friday. I don't know if this has been the slowest or fastest year of my life. :confused3

Ja's LP has been moved to Tuesday; she's not happy about that since she really wants to get back to school (the girls have been on Spring Break this past week). I think she's sick of me :rotfl2:

The girls were thrilled to receive some anonymous pixie dust in the mail! Thank you thank you thank you!

JiphoneMarch282013015_zps0ebf37ca.jpg

Okay, time to get off the computer and start cooking :) Have a great day, all!

Lots of hugs for this week. :grouphug: Praying for the LP. Love the pic of the girls, and the shirts are wonderful. :)

Just checking in to see how things went today. Sending lots of :hug: :hug: and hoping Jacey is back to this :simba: soon.

Judy

Thanks for asking, Judy.

LP went fine; the hardest part for her is not being allowed to eat or drink until 1:00 pm.
We got some bad news with her blood counts - her neutrophils are sitting at 400, making her officially neutropenic. She comes off of her immunosuppresant for at least a week and we have to go get bloodwork done next Tuesday to see if her levels have recovered. No school for her this week. She is going to be sooooooo sick of me ;)

This bump has thrown me, for some reason. She's been neutropenic many times before, but this time it got me freaking out about what happens if she's like this during the trip. Guess my nerves are just starting to get to me.

On a plus note, we did manage to meet with her wish grantor, and we have a shoebox full of letters and treats and activities. Day 1 was an introductory letter and Day 2 was oragami paper and instructions (which I'm failing at!)

Glad the LP went well. I wish they could always schedule stuff early for the kids, fasting is so hard for them. So sorry about the ANC, and that she has to miss school. :hug: We know how it feels to worry about the counts for the trip. We felt so much better when Angel's ANC jumped so much last month, but she's been so worried about clinic next week, because time & again we've seen huge decreases after great increases. We're hoping her platelets & ANC at least stayed stable. Praying for great improvement in Ja's counts. :hug:

Yay for the countdown box. :) Oragami can be fun, but it can also be very tricky. ::yes:: I've failed at it many times. :teeth:

Hi Jo.

Thinking of you and sending more :hug::hug: your way (for support and warmth - our high temps today are about the same as yours and waaaay tooooo cold for April if you ask me...)

I'm useless with that paper folding stuff too. I can never understand the instructions/diagrams! I hope Day 3's activities were more suited to your talents!

Judy

hey_jude said:
Hi Jo.

Thinking of you and sending more :hug::hug: your way (for support and warmth - our high temps today are about the same as yours and waaaay tooooo cold for April if you ask me...)

I'm useless with that paper folding stuff too. I can never understand the instructions/diagrams! I hope Day 3's activities were more suited to your talents!

Judy

Thanks for the hugs. My brain just thinks too much :-(

Lol, I must be immune to this stupid weather (10 cm forecast for Friday!). I went on a 5k run this evening. Seriously, this "spring" is ridiculous!

Day 3 involved MORE origami! I think our wish grantor has a solid read on the girls, since C loved bossing me around reading the instructions and Ja loved playing with the (sad looking) finished projects!

angel's momma said:
Glad the LP went well. I wish they could always schedule stuff early for the kids, fasting is so hard for them. So sorry about the ANC, and that she has to miss school. :hug: We know how it feels to worry about the counts for the trip. We felt so much better when Angel's ANC jumped so much last month, but she's been so worried about clinic next week, because time & again we've seen huge decreases after great increases. We're hoping her platelets & ANC at least stayed stable. Praying for great improvement in Ja's counts. :hug:

Yay for the countdown box. :) Oragami can be fun, but it can also be very tricky. ::yes:: I've failed at it many times. :teeth:

I know you guys understand about being thrown by counts :hug: High count vibes for next week! I suppose we all learn to adjust.... Lots of portable Lysol and hand sanitizer, right!
Just keep swimming.......

Sending lots of positive thoughts for higher counts and less worry! Sorry about the origami; our countdown has us making "cheerio necklaces," "mickey mouse pancakes" and holding "princess dances in your living room." The problem is, Maddie wants to do each activity as soon as she opens each box, which is often 2 minutes before we need to head out of the house for school. I couldn't handle origami on top of it all!

Phew! Today was a beach ball! (Ignoring that it's 32F here :lmao:)

We received some pixie dust in the mail today pixiedust: DIS name PurpleEars was generous enough to make the girls beautiful crossbody bags. The girls LOVE them! Ja is especially in awe of the fact that it means she'll be able to get her own snacks! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

JordiiphoneApril42013007_zpsd716a69c.jpg

Mom2M07 - when do you guys get in on the 28th? We're off at Epcot that day, but were going to swing back to GKTW for a break. Hoping to make it to MK for the parade and fireworks that night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter