January 2019 -Everyone needs deadlines! Diet & Fitness monthly W.I.S.H chat

From my trip mid-December to WDW:

The first two pictures I'm going to put under "healthy", maybe not the lowest in calories but high quality, beautifully prepared food for the soul. The first is Crispy Oysters from Flying Fish... they were lightly battered and petite in size, sitting on a bed of pickled slaw with taro chips. Oh so good, I still dream about them. The second picture is a cup of Butternut Squash Soup from Brown Derby... there were pomegranate seeds in the bottom and the contrast between the warm spicy soup and the cool burst of the pomegranate seeds was a life changing culinary experience. The third picture is from the beloved Les Halles, a must stop each trip. Over all I'd say I ate very well this trip, but did start to fall in to the sugary snack trap later in the trip.

upload_2019-1-8_12-20-25.pngupload_2019-1-8_12-20-45.pngupload_2019-1-8_12-21-0.png

Last edited:
I have a *HARD* time with moderation, so I generally try to avoid unless it's a killer craving, then I'll try to work it in to my daily plan... Since I only go to Disney every 5 or so years (just the way it seems to work out,) I don't worry much about moderation when I'm there... but at the movies the other day, I didn't buy any candy, and I openly admit to smuggling in a pre-popped 100-calorie bag of microwave popcorn... saved a couple hundred calories AND $6.50!

So my philosophy is to eat healthy most of the year so I don't have to worry about what I eat on vacation and holidays. So I'm struggling with my go-to healthy option in Disney. I guess I would say the shrimp at Ohana. The problem is, I eat a lot when we go to Ohana. And my favorite treat would be anything caramel from Germany's Karamelle-Kuche. Sorry, had trouble with the pictures this morning.

Yesterday turned out to be a great day for me. Staying on my exercise and food play using MyFitnessPal to keep track of everything. Works really well for me. Our evening was spent at freshman orientation and going over all the course options. It was a little overwhelming (times 2 since I have twins and they are very different). Can't believe my babies will be in high school next year!

I try to keep it to one “treat” a day if I really want one. One meal a day where there’s a window. The idea behind that is I’m trying to keep my insulin response to food from spiking throughout the day. In addition to that, I eat my low carb meat and veggies, and then I have my chips or ... pie or whatever. My hope is it buffers that response. If I can find something that works but is better, like dark chocolate, I do that.

I don’t have pictures, but here’s some things I’m looking forward to at DW this June:
- salmon meal at Columbia harbor house
- Chicken and Lamb Shawarma Platter from Tangierine Cafe at Epcot
- Grand Marnier Slush in France in Les Vins des Chefs de France
- never had, but looking forward to satuli canteen
- Mickey bar :)

I’m enjoying reading everyone’s comments. I’m starting to corral my eating to three meals without snacking and walking. It’s easier for me to stay on track at work because I don’t have options in front of my face at all times. At home I’m a big snacker.

Woohoo! Let's see...

I finally got my cat Mike in for his annual senior check-up and it came back pretty good. He needs to go to K/D food for kidney support, but for a 19 year old he's in great shape, so I can stop worrying about him.

I finally got in to have the spots on my temples double checked. I do annual skin cancer checks and so far they have been OK, but some new dark speckles have shown up. Doctor said the speckles are from the hair color rinse I've been using. Phew, I can stop worrying about myself.

My favorite hotel at the Washington Coast posted the winter flash sale I've been waiting for, so I booked a room for mid-February... three nights for just over the summer rate for one night.

HI! I'm Johna!

I'm just starting my own weight loss journey, which involves eating better and being more active! I've been wanting to do this for awhile. I just needed the right motivation, and planning a WDW trip for July has given me that motivation!

I know we will walk a lot, something my body isn't use too right now, so I want to start walking more (shooting for about 3 miles a week).

Also, I want to loose weight! I don't wanna be a skinny mini, I just never have been that way. I would like to slim out so I'm not lumpy (if that makes since)

For WOOHOO Wednesday, I walked 4 miles last night!!!! WOOHOO

It was unintentional/intentional. I start out walking with a friend, and we were talking and walking and when we quit my phone said 4 miles! We have a small track around our local park so it really didn't seem like four miles, but we did walk for an hour and a half!

HI! I'm Johna!

I'm just starting my own weight loss journey, which involves eating better and being more active! I've been wanting to do this for awhile. I just needed the right motivation, and planning a WDW trip for July has given me that motivation!

I know we will walk a lot, something my body isn't use too right now, so I want to start walking more (shooting for about 3 miles a week).

Also, I want to loose weight! I don't wanna be a skinny mini, I just never have been that way. I would like to slim out so I'm not lumpy (if that makes since)

It was unintentional/intentional. I start out walking with a friend, and we were talking and walking and when we quit my phone said 4 miles! We have a small track around our local park so it really didn't seem like four miles, but we did walk for an hour and a half!
Welcome!

I will do Tuesday and Wednesday-
Columbia House has a lovely shrimp and mango wedge salad. Loved it! My indulgences are the ice cream from Ample Hills and anything with key lime! We had a dessert from Homecoming that was delicious-we share, so I don’t feel guilty.

My woohoo is I think my cold is almost gone. I might get out for a walk today- the sun is shining! And we’re going to check availability and see if we can sneak off to Disney for a few days this spring (we own DVC)-haven’t been to Vero for years, so thinking about that for a change.

Have a good day everyone!

HI! I'm Johna!

Welcome!

I am back. It was a crazy end of December and beginning of January. I am back at work now and we are super busy. I am doing my old job and starting to train as a manager too. Kids are back at school and the activities have started as well. I am determined to eat better and get more exercise. I really didn't start until Monday as I was still trying to get rid of/eat the junk left over from the holidays. It is all gone now. I do need to start tracking my food though. I didn't eat anything until I got home from work on Monday since I was feeling sick to my stomach. Yesterday I was feeling better and only had a salad and grapes for lunch and snack. I skipped breakfast since I don't like to eat until about 9 and I got so busy and forgot until about 11. It was too late to eat breakfast. Dinner was some noodles with a few left over rolls. So not bad. Today I skipped breakfast again. Lunch is left over pot roast with potatoes, carrots and celery. I also brought grapes again for a snack. I need to figure out the exercise though. I need to work it around the kids. It is too cold for me to walk with DH in the mornings. I need to start getting up and making myself go to the gym. The afternoons are just so busy and i am not a morning person at all.

ocular migraines
I have gotten these too. They are very scary. I was able to control mine (and headaches in general) by not having anything that has aspartame in it. This was a trigger for me. Also, the one I can't control is hormones. Thankfully they don't cause Ocular ones but they will knock me out for 3 days. I hope they get better for you and you figure out what your trigger is.

HI! I'm Johna!

Welcome Johna!

Sorry for not posting today. Having crazy busy day as we are preparing our place for sale. The estate agent was happy with our redecoration - looking forward seeing the professional pictures.

I have been sticking to my calories since begging of the year. I feel drained as we were so busy this weekend with everything and there is situation in work that ... I don't know how to handle

But my whoo hoo would be the redecoration/decluttering nearly complete and I am sticking to my calories

I'm in! I haven't done a W.I.S.H. Challenge before but am aiming to lose 25 lbs by July and KEEP IT OFF for my Dec 2019 Disney trip. So I am in with all my fingers and toes :)

I signed up for ************ on Monday - I decided since I am committed to losing weight, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is. The thought of losing REAL money is a huge motivator for my frugal soul. Plus I plan to use my $1080 prize money to upgrade my Dec 2019 tix to an Annual Pass :) :) If anyone would like to join me, my referral link is https://*****.co/574832/ (we each get $40 added to our prize money).

Woohoo Wednesday!!!
I finally got my scale to move after almost 5 days of zero movement. I started off January with an almost 4b loss in the first week (yay for water weight whoosh!!). I have been stuck at the same weight since about Friday last week (I do daily weigh ins every morning). I have been patiently sticking to the process. Finally this morning, I registered a 1/2 lb loss. Wooohooo!!!

Last edited:
I'm in! I haven't done a W.I.S.H. Challenge before but am aiming to lose 25 lbs by July and KEEP IT OFF for my Dec 2019 Disney trip. So I am in with all my fingers and toes :)

I signed up for ************ on Monday - I decided since I am committed to losing weight, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is. The thought of losing REAL money is a huge motivator for my frugal soul. Plus I plan to use my $1080 prize money to upgrade my Dec 2019 tix to an Annual Pass :) :)

Woohoo Wednesday!!!
I finally got my scale to move after almost 5 days of zero movement. I started off January with an almost 4b loss in the first week (yay for water weight whoosh!!). I have been stuck at the same weight since about Friday last week (I do daily weigh ins every morning). I have been patiently sticking to the process. Finally this morning, I registered a 1/2 lb loss. Wooohooo!!!
Welcome!

WooHoo!
First day since the holidays that I got fully back to my plan. No snacking and kept out the simple carbs. Best thing though... not hungry. No desire to snack or eat something like chips or cookies. Plus I did my half hour walk at lunch. Great! I can always tell when I switch over to using my own fat for energy because I’m not hungry. I looked at the clock 15 minutes after I usually eat lunch and went “huh, time for lunch.” That makes me so happy :)

Breakfast
Coffee with half n half
Two fried eggs
Two sausages

Lunch
Spring mix greens salad with
Sliced pepperoni
Feta cheese
Olive oil and apple cider vinegar
LaCroix

Dinner
Small ham steak with bacon
Guacamole
Sauerkraut
Spring mix with olive oil and ACV
Cabernet Sauvignon

Yum!

Topic Thursday
Day 10 of the month!
What is one thing you are doing great so far this month? Diet, fitness or anything else
What is one thing you can do better next 10 days?

hqdefault.jpg

One of the things that I am still learning about diet & weight management is dealing with boredom - you have to do the things, again and again on one side. On other not being fixed on the plan but look at how things are going and change things around. If the plan doesn't suit, adjust.

Are we sticking to the goals for the month? Do we need to adjust the target or the route to get there?

For me, the good - I counted calories daily. I didn't go over. Home renovations were complete at very short timelines and limited budget, I am not meeting my steps goals but I keep my steps over 10k a day and I did my workouts every 3rd day. I managed to cook ahead and this saved me!

It has been very challenging start of the year, full time job, home renovation to put on sale, trying to figure out finances to move - and local housing is in big crises and very upsetting situation in work that I don't know how to deal with right now. I can't sleep as I have been worried and there was another disappointment by finding out I someone is being very dishonest with me. I am so upset and hurt and trying to deal with all that is bit hellish and I am overwhelmed by it.

I need to try to deal with the anxiety over everything that is happening and while not directly lined to my weight, it is priority to focus on it. Daily outdoor walks will be good starting point for me.

Eat little less too

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter