January 2019 -Everyone needs deadlines! Diet & Fitness monthly W.I.S.H chat

Saw a good article on Facebook this morning. Google “22 Time Saving Keto Hacks for Busy People.” I don’t follow a keto diet, but the low carb ideas can fit into any eating plan. And this time of year I’m looking for new ideas!

Saw a good article on Facebook this morning. Google “22 Time Saving Keto Hacks for Busy People.” I don’t follow a keto diet, but the low carb ideas can fit into any eating plan. And this time of year I’m looking for new ideas!

Thanks! - I pinned that.

Woohoo... I was actually able to settle in and get a fair amount of work done yesterday and am feeling much better about it all.

I've been doing well with the Challenge: I haven't gotten all my points on any of the days, but I have almost eliminated refined sugar and have greatly reduced gluten and dairy. This morning I didn't have a coughing fit while getting ready, so I'm starting to see some results there. I feel like I've been eating a lot of food though, so not really seeing much movement on the scale... but feeling better is first priority, so progress is being made.

One last thing that makes me really happy... the face care product line I have been using is painfully expensive, but I keep coming back to it because my skin seems to respond the best to it. End of last year they re-tooled the product line and took away the products I liked the best, so once again I've been searching for an alternative - and I think I've found one! That is a fraction of the cost... woohoo! My face and pocketbook are both very happy!

Last edited:
Not gonna lie. Between work and weather and my knee tricking out a little, this week is a rough one. I work at a college that closed due to weather today. My woohoo is I made homemade chicken veggie soup that I’m planning on eating off of for the rest of the week. I hope everyone else is doing better than I am :)

I lost about 5 pounds in the first week, but have been stuck there...until today! Woohoo...I dropped another pound. I have been sticking to my workouts, eating plan, and drinking more water! My other woohoo is that I think I finally have my hubby on board with eating better :)

I’m a little late to the party but I’d like to jump in: My weight loss goal is 30 pounds and my fitness goal is to do some form of exercise every day to make up for the 10 hours sitting at a desk. Even if it’s just stretching...just anything requiring extra movement to get started. I really want to be more fit before my trip to Disney World in the fall so that I make the most out of every minute. I hope everyone had a great woohoo Wednesday!!

I too am late to the party here but I LOVE the idea of this for sure!!
I have never really been happy with my weight or the way my body looks but I decided in 2017 I would start to focus on it a little more so I didn't have to feel so self conscious. Well to my surprise, October 2017 I found out I was PREGNANT! Now I am carrying baby weight and the weight I wanted to lose which means I am not fitting into my summer clothes.
I have from now until summer to lose enough to not only look decent in the summer but to fit into clothes so I don't have to spend a fortune on new ones I won't like on me anyways. (Sucks for my vacations planned next month but only I am to blame!)

I try to get on my treadmill or hit the gym once a day but it's a little tricky when I spend most of the day alone with my 6 month old. but WOOHOO Wednesday, I have been doing a decent amount of cardio just not enough of the actual targeted weights so that is next weeks goal!

Welcome DizMinMouse and Caitlyn! It’s never too late to join in! Caitlyn, congratulations on the baby! And good for you deciding to get healthy-my “baby” was starting high school before I finally lost the baby weight!

:welcome:@DizMinMouse and @Caitlyn Allen

A belated woohoo from me .... I have done really well with dropping soft drink ... I have had a few here and there .... sometimes I have poured myself a small one had a mouthful or 2 and haven't had the 'taste' for it so tipped it out. I am pretty much drinking water consistently and at an increased amount than previous. I think I am noticing the difference in the skin on my face.

Another tasty Keto dinner tonight .... Italian meatballs ... the kids had theirs with spaghetti and vegies. Friday tomorrow for me already - this week has gone quick.... probably because I have to go back to work on Tuesday o_O After about 5 weeks off that is going to be sooooo hard.

Soft drinks are a problem for me too. I really need to be like you @4Mickeys & focus on drinking a lot water. I am really liking Keto. Eliminating sugar & most carbs really helps my brain to not obsess about food all the time somehow. It’s sort of like having a fog lifted. Have an awesome day everyone!!

I’m a little late to the party but I’d like to jump in: My weight loss goal is 30 pounds and my fitness goal is to do some form of exercise every day to make up for the 10 hours sitting at a desk. Even if it’s just stretching...just anything requiring extra movement to get started. I really want to be more fit before my trip to Disney World in the fall so that I make the most out of every minute. I hope everyone had a great woohoo Wednesday!!
Welcome!

I too am late to the party here but I LOVE the idea of this for sure!!
I have never really been happy with my weight or the way my body looks but I decided in 2017 I would start to focus on it a little more so I didn't have to feel so self conscious. Well to my surprise, October 2017 I found out I was PREGNANT! Now I am carrying baby weight and the weight I wanted to lose which means I am not fitting into my summer clothes.
I have from now until summer to lose enough to not only look decent in the summer but to fit into clothes so I don't have to spend a fortune on new ones I won't like on me anyways. (Sucks for my vacations planned next month but only I am to blame!)

I try to get on my treadmill or hit the gym once a day but it's a little tricky when I spend most of the day alone with my 6 month old. but WOOHOO Wednesday, I have been doing a decent amount of cardio just not enough of the actual targeted weights so that is next weeks goal!
Welcome!

:welcome:@DizMinMouse and @Caitlyn Allen

A belated woohoo from me .... I have done really well with dropping soft drink ... I have had a few here and there .... sometimes I have poured myself a small one had a mouthful or 2 and haven't had the 'taste' for it so tipped it out. I am pretty much drinking water consistently and at an increased amount than previous. I think I am noticing the difference in the skin on my face.

Another tasty Keto dinner tonight .... Italian meatballs ... the kids had theirs with spaghetti and vegies. Friday tomorrow for me already - this week has gone quick.... probably because I have to go back to work on Tuesday o_O After about 5 weeks off that is going to be sooooo hard.
It always amazes me how quickly reducing sugar in take shows in one's skin. Good job on breaking the soft drink habit!

TOPIC THURSDAY

HappyGrape hasn't posted for a couple days, so I'll post a topic today to get the conversation going... hopefully she's having good luck finding a beautiful new home.

How do you do with deadlines? Do they motivate you or do they cause you stress... or do they cause motivating stress ;)? If you create a deadline for reaching healthy living goals (like so many of us do with wanting to lose weight and get into shape for the next Disney vacation), how do you stay on track, or get back on track, after the deadline has been reached?

upload_2019-1-24_7-34-43.png

I always use my Disney vacation as a deadline to get motivated about getting healthy. The trip can be very active and strenuous, so I always feel like some advance "training" is called for. Daily step counts during the trip can be double what a normal day is, so the legs/feet need to get in shape with extra walking, and getting some weight off helps as well. And having the energy to do long days and get everything in is important. For my December trip I lost 7 pounds right before going and felt pretty good. While there I did pretty well with my food choices, altho as the week went on I started consuming more and more sugar. But I didn't fall into the its-vacation-anything-goes trap this time, I made concious choices.

The problem is always when I get home and don't have that target to aim for in front of me. To get around this I really need to get out of the pre-vacation-diet mentality and focus on changing habits. And I need to learn how to be OK with how long it takes to lock in on the new habit and how long it will take to see results on the scale. That's what attracted me to the Challenge, its a holistic approach to creating new habits, and not around just food and exercise.

How do you do with deadlines? Do they motivate you or do they cause you stress... or do they cause motivating stress ;)? If you create a deadline for reaching healthy living goals (like so many of us do with wanting to lose weight and get into shape for the next Disney vacation), how do you stay on track, or get back on track, after the deadline has been reached?

View attachment 377937
Deadlines really help me light a fire under my a** especially an upcoming Disney vacation. Disney World is my favorite place to be but it’s certainly not relaxing and I want to be able to accomplish everything I want to without my feet/legs making me accomplish less from exhaustion. I want to be Disney-ready! However, I have a history of throwing away all the progress I made as soon as I’m back from vacation. I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on this thread for helpful tips!

I lost a substantial amount of weight (70lbs) years ago and kept most of it off. However, over the years I gradually gained 25lbs. I would lose 10 of them (usually before a vacation) and then slide back into bad habits. This summer I had to buy some clothes in a bigger size and decided enough. I did not want to go into the holidays overweight-so that was my deadline. I rejoined WW and had success with the new freestyle program-by Thanksgiving I was back to my goal weight. Which was a realistic time frame. Progress, no matter how small, motivates me, so the weekly weigh in was a positive thing for me. Finding a program that works for you is important so that once the deadline passes you don’t regain or stop being active.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter