January 2013 Discounts

We LOVE going in January. We HATE that we always have to wait so long for the rates! This will be the hubs and mine's third trip and the DD's 2nd. She's finally tall enough to ride that awesome HP ride at Universal and everything at Disney, so she's super excited! She's a roller coaster fiend!

Just booked our room for AOA January 1st through January 6th. So excited I at least have the room booked. Can't wait to get the dining reservations done in July and be able to get package once rates come out. Also hoping for free dining!! :cool1:

I can't wait any longer!!! I'm going to try and book a room today. It'll be just me for January 2nd to the 8th.

We are booked for 12/31 through 1/9, but we will most likely drop the 31st and 1st. Waiting for a discount that hopefully starts Jan 2!

I really want to book my trip now, but my parents will be paying for the trip so I have to wait and see when, how long and where I'll be staying. I need to know their budget so I can see what resort I will be booking! Come on January 2013 rates and discounts! I want to try at least a Mod this trip! :hyper:

Another marathon FD hopeful we are in Jan 8 - 19th

Last year the free dining didn't start till the Monday after the marathon so we did a room only then the package after. They allowed us to stay in the same room.

Hoping again for free dining for as much of our trip as possible.

Kim

We went last January and got FD. I'm hoping to do it again this year. It's a great time to travel. Weather is pretty good and crowds are light. I'm looking at Jan 23-29. The kids have the 28th and 29th off school for teacher workdays and I take them out a few days early at the end of the quarter. I hope it all works out!

We went last January and got FD. I'm hoping to do it again this year. It's a great time to travel. Weather is pretty good and crowds are light. I'm looking at Jan 23-29. The kids have the 28th and 29th off school for teacher workdays and I take them out a few days early at the end of the quarter. I hope it all works out!

When dates did you go last January and get FD?

The UK free dining offered for Jan now is the counter service for both values and mods. Do you think it would be that way for us? I was hoping to stuff my family of 5 into POR to get the (possible) regular dining plan. It would stink to just get counterservice, 2 rooms at POP cost about the same but we would realy save more at POR only if its free dining.

Here's hoping I can get a % Off Pin for my dates! I'll be going January 7th-11th and staying in a LM room at AoA. :cloud9: FD does nothing for me since I don't really do sit down meals and wouldn't utilize the FD Plan. Good luck to those who want FD! :goodvibes

We have gone in January the past 3 years and while the weather has been a little crazy (upper 20s one morning, in the 80s by the end of the same week), we very much enjoy the parks during this time of the year. Beyond the Brazilian tour groups, the crowds are very light. We have done free dining 2 out of the 3 years and hoping to see FB again in 2013!

me too! I booked in from 12/31 to 1/7 just to get in since they aren't booking into late January but still hoping for free dining in late January. I wish I knew about free dining for my tickets. If they don't offer it I am getting annual passes before our September trip. If the do, no passes.

So, the wife and I are going down on 01/24-27 on a cruise then at the world from 01/27 to 02/02. I was chatting with a castmember via their webchat feature on the Disney site inquiring if/how I could upgrade a room only reservation to a package (to take advantage of the free dining promo if/when it's announced. I found out that I cannot "upgrade" it to a package and would have to cancel/rebook. In light of this info, I've decided not to do a room only ressie, however he did indicate that package rates would be available "very soon".

Whether this means anything, or that is just the packaged response at this time of year remains to be seen. If I get within 180 days of our trip and 2013 package rates aren't announced, I'll likely book the room only anyways, since I can carry over my ADRs when I rebook to a package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter