January 2013 Discounts

Super bummed to hear that they black out free dining during the marathon weekend. We were going to check in on Jan 10th which happens to be the start of marathon weekend so that means if they offer free dining in January we would be out of luck. Let's say we book a room for Jan 9th but don't actually check in until the 10th would they then give us free dining?We are a cruise until the 10th but surely if we prepay for our hotel package they won't care if we check in a day late,right? Of course this is all hypothetical since they haven't even announced any discounts yet!!! Honestly Disney knows EXACTLY how to drive me crazy!!!!

We are tentatively planning on a mid-January WDW trip, depending on our daughter's job situation. We've never had FD and would love to have it!

My friend has gone 2 different Januarys, and both times she had free dining for her family.

We always stay at Fort Wilderness and always have breakfast at home and usually have 1 meal at home, but a FD plan would still be wonderful for the other main meal!

We went last January and it was free dining while we were there. We're going to try and stay at Fort Wilderness, so hoping for a room discount code.:goodvibes

Super bummed to hear that they black out free dining during the marathon weekend. We were going to check in on Jan 10th which happens to be the start of marathon weekend so that means if they offer free dining in January we would be out of luck. Let's say we book a room for Jan 9th but don't actually check in until the 10th would they then give us free dining?We are a cruise until the 10th but surely if we prepay for our hotel package they won't care if we check in a day late,right? Of course this is all hypothetical since they haven't even announced any discounts yet!!! Honestly Disney knows EXACTLY how to drive me crazy!!!!

No, I don't think that would work. I'm pretty sure you actually have to be there to check in on that day.

Count me in for end of January! I notice that I can't make reservations on the web yet, so guess I have to call??? Kind of a pain.

As for codes - past two years have offered either a room discount or FD. We'll see what this year holds.

Someone asked about Marathon weekend and crowds. I didn't notice them much in the park, but it definitely affected the roads, so plan ahead for transportation to/from different areas of the park or the airport.

We live in Singapore and the kids don't go back to school until Jan 14, so we are looking at Disney for the second week in January, with Universal on one end and some time at the beach before.

Just waiting (im)patiently for rates to be released so we can book!!

Hmm, if you can reserve adrs 180 days out, I wish they'd get on the rates already.. I plan my restaurants based upon which resort I stay. It is hard to do this with no prices!

Considering Jan 4 - 11th, 2013 for our next visit. I would love a room only discount. When do room rates get released for the new year? :rolleyes1

When I called this morning I was able to get rack rates for our trip January 16-21. They didn't have any package information or interline rates available yet though.

When I called this morning I was able to get rack rates for our trip January 16-21. They didn't have any package information or interline rates available yet though.

Wow! Good for you!
I just got off the phone and my luck wasn't so good. After being on hold while talking to her supervisor, the CM told me that rack rates for 2013 had been 'pushed back' until August.

I know you can get conflicting info depending on when you call, and who you talk to, so I just took it for what it's worth. We do have a room-only reservation for BC in Jan, so I feel good about at least having the reservation in since Feb.

:goodvibes

I've got a room-only booked for early January! I really hope there's a room discount code or free dining, otherwise my fiance may have a heart attack when he sees the final bill. :lmao:

We're booked for 1/26 - 2/3. We were there this past Feb with a room discounted rate....sure hoping to get FD next Feb....that would be awesome. :)

Waiting (not so patiently!) for 2013 prices! I too have a few ADR's that I want to connect to my dining plan so I don't need to pay OOP...would be a bummer if they made us wait until August.

Planning on going 01/26-2/4

Looking for late January or Early February myself. The last few years we've stayed at the Poly with deluxe dining. One year we snagged a 40% off PIN, another year 30%, and the last time free dining (which we paid to upgrade to deluxe). This time we're going with the sister's family (another bunch of foodies like us), and free dining for the four of them would save them a bundle over even 40% off the Poly.

Add me to the list hoping for some discount from Jan 26-Feb 2, 2013. From what I understand this is one of the slowest times of year, so I am hopeful. Even without it we should be able to swing a Value with DP, but every $ saved on the plan is another to spend on something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter