January 2013 Discounts

It's typically late September to October before they put out the January discounts, so we have a while to wait. :surfweb:

I'm debating WDW vs. Disney Cruise for January. So it might depend on the deals . . . . .

FD in January? I didn't know they ever offered it then.....hmmmmm

We are tentatively planning on a mid-January WDW trip, depending on our daughter's job situation. We've never had FD and would love to have it!

My friend has gone 2 different Januarys, and both times she had free dining for her family.

We always stay at Fort Wilderness and always have breakfast at home and usually have 1 meal at home, but a FD plan would still be wonderful for the other main meal!

I am about to leave for my 30th anniversary trip!! We will first go on a cruise (non-Disney--too expensive) and then spend 4 days at WDW for our first empty-next trip!

We are taking our adult kids with their spouses and our first grandbaby January 5-12. We've never been able to use FD. Do they usually offer it in January and how does that affect the price of the Value Resort Rooms? Thanks for any input. I am definitely going to subscribe :thumbsup2!

My friend has always gone in Janurary, and she's always had FD. I think for a value resort, you get the lower-tier dining plan (quick service).

Can anyone remember if there were free dining codes for the marathon weekend in January? I have been asked to help plan a trip for long weekend for 6 adults who are planning to join the marathon. Also, they only want perhaps two days in teh parks. Any suggestions where the best ticket prices are? I usually just get them in a package.

Just convinced DH that we should go in January in addition to our usual September trip :cool1::cool1::cool1:

My niece couldn't come with us in September because of University, but she graduates in December. I convinced DH that we should take my niece and her boyfriend as graduation present. He stressed that we are not going to start going twice a year and this would be a one time thing. Of course not, dear ;)

Hoping for a good deal so he won't balk when I start planning the next trip after these ones.

:rotfl2:

Another one for Marathon Weekend. DH is running, so we're taking DD for her first trip (she'll be 14 months) I haven't been since college and went for a specific event at a specific hotel, so this is new territory! We'd like to stay at one of the moderate resorts and get some sort of deal along the way

Another marathon weekender! Thinking if staying at POFQ for the first time but would love a good discount to maybe stay at BC/YC. We shall see.

Last year, Jan & Feb had discounts and free dining...BUT, they did have black out dates for these promos and could not be used during the marathon weekends or the holiday weekends of MLK or Presidents. The best discount for the Marathon weekends is to book the "host" resorts and purchase the park tickets separately with your race "code". Can't beat those discounted ticket prices - they were awesome!!

another marathon weekend hopeful here - first disney marathon - 1/10-1/14.

We were able to get free dining last year over MLK weekend. We took the kids out of school an extra day before the holiday weekend. Since our check IN day was during the free dining period (just made it), we were able to get free dining during our complete stay.

Last year, Jan & Feb had discounts and free dining...BUT, they did have black out dates for these promos and could not be used during the marathon weekends or the holiday weekends of MLK or Presidents. The best discount for the Marathon weekends is to book the "host" resorts and purchase the park tickets separately with your race "code". Can't beat those discounted ticket prices - they were awesome!!

they didn't have discounted tix last year.

I know I'm asking a silly question but traditionally, when do rates come out for January? I ask mostly because July will be my 180 day ADR window so I'm hoping they will be out by then.

Also, if they are going to offer FD in January, when have they normally made that announcement? I tried googling but couldn't find much...

I know we are going in January for sure but I'm on the fence on whether to book and have our stay be interrupted by the Marathon weekend crowds or just wait a few days until after the crowd clears out. The benefit of being there for Marathon is that it's closer to my DD's actual birthdays on the 4th and 13th. If FD is offered, it would probably solve my dilemma! ;)

We're thinking of a trip MLK week. Jan 19-26th. Heres hoping for a discounted room!

I have been doing lots of research and planning and if I can get free dinning I should be able to swing a mod from jan 6 to the 15...keeping my fingers crossed that it is offered because I would love to do ten days in disney. In the past those days should have been close to free dinning but I am scared to get my hopes up until disney announces January deals...fyi my family loves food and when we vacation eating sandwiches in our rooms is just not an options, i am a princess=)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter