January 2013 Discounts

Still waiting. Should I move my res? I booked 12/31 to 1/6 just to get my res in since they weren't booking into January but now they are.

Yes you should move your reservations to the dates and resort you actually want. Later if a deal comes out for your dates you can reevaluate.

Hey Guys-- just wanted to post this really quick. We are going january 15th-21st of next year. I've called twice in the past week to ask a few questions about resort availablity etc and both times I've been lucky to have very friendly CMs. I've been surprised because both of them assured me that although WDW releases their discounts quarterly and the Jan discounts would not be out until September, historically discounts will be available. Today the CM told me that I should remember that usually during that week the resorts are discounted 30% off... !! yea!

I've never had CMs be so reassuring about discounts before :) hopefully they are both right! We are hoping to repeat our last discount of 40% off (yeah right)... last year we called about November and had a deal at Yacht Club that was $183 a night.. NOW that is what I am dreaming about!!!

have a great day!

We're going the same dates! I hope what they told you comes true... any discount would be great:)

I am so aggravated that the January discounts come out so late. Looks historically like they don't come out until mid August?

We are trying to book 4 airline tickets with airmiles. We have lots of flexibility with our January trip, but the airmiles tickets sell out fast. We desperately want to stay on-site, but we can't do it without discounts. Come on, Disney, let us know what is going on!

My understanding is that AP discounts are even worse in terms of when they are released. Looks like last year it was not until October? We have AP for this year only, so that discount is an option, too, but we can't make airline arrangements that late. :headache:

I am so aggravated that the January discounts come out so late. Looks historically like they don't come out until mid August?

We are trying to book 4 airline tickets with airmiles. We have lots of flexibility with our January trip, but the airmiles tickets sell out fast. We desperately want to stay on-site, but we can't do it without discounts. Come on, Disney, let us know what is going on!

My understanding is that AP discounts are even worse in terms of when they are released. Looks like last year it was not until October? We have AP for this year only, so that discount is an option, too, but we can't make airline arrangements that late. :headache:

If you end up having to make your airline reservations before discounts for the Disney resorts come out I would recommend booking in the last 2 weeks of January. There is a very good chance we will see some discounts at that time. Also it is value season so the regular prices aren't even terrible and offsite for those same dates there are some amazing deals to be had usually.

If you end up having to make your airline reservations before discounts for the Disney resorts come out I would recommend booking in the last 2 weeks of January. There is a very good chance we will see some discounts at that time. Also it is value season so the regular prices aren't even terrible and offsite for those same dates there are some amazing deals to be had usually.

Just make sure it isn't too close t MLK weekend, usually blacked out or not as good discounts.::yes::

Hello! I'm new to the boards, planning our first family trip for January 2013. I read here where it's ok to go ahead and book a package plan since they can be changed if discounts are announced later.

My question is, should I do that directly through the Disney website, or am I also safe to do that through one of the agencies (Small World, Dreams Unlimited, etc). I guess that also leads to a more general question, is there a benefit to using the agencies at all if I'm reading this board and getting all the good info? :)

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Hello! I'm new to the boards, planning our first family trip for January 2013. I read here where it's ok to go ahead and book a package plan since they can be changed if discounts are announced later.

My question is, should I do that directly through the Disney website, or am I also safe to do that through one of the agencies (Small World, Dreams Unlimited, etc). I guess that also leads to a more general question, is there a benefit to using the agencies at all if I'm reading this board and getting all the good info? :)

Thanks to everyone for their help.

If you are new to WDW vacay I think there is a benefit to using a specialized agency. Our first 3 trips we used one, and they were great. Agent was on the phone first thing in the morning getting me the discount that would work for us best. Back in the day when WDW used to put out 2 or 3 different promos for the same time frame.

Just booked Jan 24-29th at the Poly with 15% AAA discount. Saved about $400 off rack rate. Now just waiting for RO discount or FD to make it even better. :)

Yay I found this thread!
Booked for January (first Disney trip) but still not sure of check in date sometime between 2-4 th.
Any thoughts re discounts in this time??? We are staying at aoa even though hubby and I would prefer a nicer resort - we think our 4 year old will like the themed room and it is new so shouldn't be worn down yet. Also we want separation from the kids - this way the 8 month old can be in a room with us and not wake the 4 year old who for sure won't go back to sleep of she is woken at 5 am on her first disney trip! The only way to do a nicer resort would be villas or connecting at a moderate resort.
Hopefully there are wdw gurus and veterans here to help!

Thanks all!!!!!

Yay I found this thread!
Booked for January (first Disney trip) but still not sure of check in date sometime between 2-4 th.
Any thoughts re discounts in this time??? We are staying at aoa even though hubby and I would prefer a nicer resort - we think our 4 year old will like the themed room and it is new so shouldn't be worn down yet. Also we want separation from the kids - this way the 8 month old can be in a room with us and not wake the 4 year old who for sure won't go back to sleep of she is woken at 5 am on her first disney trip! The only way to do a nicer resort would be villas or connecting at a moderate resort.
Hopefully there are wdw gurus and veterans here to help!

Thanks all!!!!!

Have you checked out the AoA thread? Lots of information over there. Congrats on your first Disney trip. I'll be there from Jan 7th thru the 14th.

newbie2013 said:
Thanks!
So do you think they will have any discounts for the week after the holidays?

I'm crossing my fingers for free dining (or a room only discount) just after new years :D
But it's hard to say if there will be any discounts in that week. I think that there has been some kind of promos that week the last few years. Some say that it is likely to come this year too, and others don't, but no one know for sure ;) hope they announce it soon, hopefully in the beginning of August.

Hoping for any type of a discount for 1/10-1/16 - even if it is just the second half of the trip!!!

Look at prices with 6 nights & 3 day PH's for POFQ ($2726), Wilderness ($3745) & Poly ($4707) . We will probably drop the tickets totally & decide what days when we arrive. DD/DDinLaw are doing 1/2 Marathon. DS is doing Full & Half. Since we are splitting cost it's a bit easier to consider Wilderness - it may be our only chance at it! I was REALLY hoping for Poly - just so we could sit on the beach at night & watch the fireworks. But without a code, that will be out. With 2 days tied up with running we were thinking 3 days might be just the max for parks this trip.

Hoping with a bit of extra cash we can just do a 10 day non-expir PH when we arrive - but that's a $351 difference p.p. in price right now!

I have some general questions but I'll ask those on a different thread.

Subscribing! Just booking POFQ room only from 12/31 - 1/6. I would have preferred to check in on 12/29 but the room rates were too expensive so I settled for 2 days later. Our 10-year anniversary is on 12/31 so wanted to be in our happy place on that day! Hopefully there is no huge snowstorm that keeps us stuck in Chicago at the airport!!! Any chance there will be discounts for the 1st week in January (not counting 12/31 or 1/1 I'm sure)? Crossing fingers!!!! Would love to save some money!!

Also hoping for a January discount! I really want free dining, have the room booked at POR but I'm watching airfare and willing to be flexible with our dates to get the best deal. Does anyone know what the blackout dates were for last years January free dining promo??

Also hoping for a January discount! I really want free dining, have the room booked at POR but I'm watching airfare and willing to be flexible with our dates to get the best deal. Does anyone know what the blackout dates were for last years January free dining promo??

I saw it somewhere. What I wrote down from that is that in 2012 free dining was offered:
Sun. Jan. 8 - 12 (Thurs.)
Sat. Jan. 21-Feb. 2 (Thurs.)
Sat. Feb. 11-16 (Thurs.)

I think there were also March dates, and maybe end of Feb.

Thank you wanted to see how close to MLK day we could get without getting blacked out of the FD that I'm crossing my fingers for!! ;)

I saw it somewhere. What I wrote down from that is that in 2012 free dining was offered:
Sun. Jan. 8 - 12 (Thurs.)
Sat. Jan. 21-Feb. 2 (Thurs.)
Sat. Feb. 11-16 (Thurs.)

I think there were also March dates, and maybe end of Feb.

Forgot to add that in my experience, the days of the week are more important than the dates. And how the holidays fall.
If the sale ran from Sun. to Thurs., it's more likely to do so (though not 100%), but not as likely on the exact same dates, if that makes sense.
So, for example, based on last year's dates, FD ended the Thurs. before MLK, and resumed the Sat. after.
MLK day is a week later this year. How that will affect things...who knows?

ETA: I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. IF there is FD for January/February, my guess is:
Jan. 6-17
Jan. 26-31
Feb. 9-14

Let me know if I get those right! LOLOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter