Jack_Loves_Sally Halloween Wedding PJ & TR. Update 7/8

OK, so I just saw your Pj today-- I LOVE your ring! It's sooo beautiful.

I understand the reaction about the black color element in weddings; if you read my PJ and see my pictures, you'll see that I can empathize about the older ladies' reactions to the color black at weddings :lmao:

Anyway, your dress looks fabulous! Can't wait to read more!

Love the rings! Dare I say they are also very sophisticated? ;)

wow! The rings are just GORGEOUS!!! :lovestruc
I hope your housesitter will protect your furbaby from all the door knocking and bell ringing. Poor thing!

Thank you, I love both of the rings, and our housesitter better do a good job, she's my brother's girlfriend...so I'll know where to find her if she doesn't!:rotfl:

WOW!!! They are gorgeous. I love your e-ring sooo much. I picked one out similar to it and couldn't figure out what kind of band would go with it. It's just beautiful!!

Thank you!!:goodvibes For someone who can barely pick out their own clothes, Mike sure does have good taste in jewelry....:rotfl:

The rings look great!! Very
pretty!

Thank you!!:goodvibes

I absolutely love the rings. You have an awesome theme. the Cake is fabulous. can't wait to see how everything comes together.

Thank you!! I am getting really excited!:goodvibes

o.m.g. the eternity pave ring is to die for! beautiful!!!!

Thank you!!:goodvibes

OK, so I just saw your Pj today-- I LOVE your ring! It's sooo beautiful.

I understand the reaction about the black color element in weddings; if you read my PJ and see my pictures, you'll see that I can empathize about the older ladies' reactions to the color black at weddings :lmao:

Anyway, your dress looks fabulous! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks so much, I am flattered you like everything, the pictures in your PJ are gorgeous!:goodvibes

Love the rings! Dare I say they are also very sophisticated? ;)

Thank you, I just hope the end result doesn't let you down, I'm afraid my wedding is going to end up being....oh, how do I say this?...Ummmm "interesting" to say the least...:lmao:

Just catching up - I'm loving everything so far! And Mike's ring is just SO cool!!

I looked at the same cake!! hehe. I found another one from pink cake box and we decided to go with this one -- it's similar, but I feel like it gives off a little cleaner vibe...I do love the airbrushing on your cake though - totally killer. (no pun intended)

We're swapping out victor and corpse bride for sally and jack though. Man I can't wait to see how everything you've got comes together! I LOVE your cake topper!!

weddingcake.jpg

Hello all! I have been so busy with work and school, I wanted to take a few minutes to update the pj with all of my accessories. :goodvibes
So, here they are...first here is my clutch, my sister bought it for me at Nine West, I love the bow, it will match my sash on my dress

DSC01955.jpg

And here is a close up of the brooch on it, butterflies are a recurring theme in The Corpse Bride, and I needed something blue, so I pinned this on there...I really love it.

DSC01959.jpg

Next up I have my shoes, I know most brides wear white, or heels...but man, we are getting married at Sunset Point, and I REALLY don't want to trip and fall on my butt, so I opted for comfy flats, and I bought black because..well I'll be honest, cause I will be able to wear them after the wedding....

DSC01968-1.jpg

DSC01969.jpg

Next up....the headwear, now.....when I bought my dress, I had three different women putting veils and tiaras on my head...I seriously considered biting them:rotfl:, I told them over and over I am NOT wearing a tiara, and I didn't want a traditional veil, my grandma wore a birdcage veil when she got married, and I wanted to wear hers, but it had rotted. So I contacted Melody from birdcageveils.com, and she was wonderful....I got exactly what I wanted, it is gorgeous, I am putting in a stock photo, because there is no way I am putting that thing on my head by myself, I will ruin it for sure, but you will get the general idea...

birdcageveil_russian_netting_emma18.jpg

I really wanted something else besides the veil, and I decided to go for a fascinator, but to find a really good one here in the States is tough, I ended up contacting a designer in the UK, and her designs are gorgeous...her name is Leigh-Anne McCague, I LOVE :lovestruc her work!!! She worked with me so closely and did the design exactly to my specifications, I would recommend her to anyone looking for a fascinator or unique tiara....here it is...

DSC01961.jpg

DSC01962.jpg

DSC01963.jpg

So I have a confession....I bit on Carrie's style...hardcore. I fell in love with her necklace she wore for her wedding, I showed a picture of it to my mom's friend Mary, and this is what she came up with...I REALLY hope she doesn't mind...

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01967.jpg

Again, I hope Carrie doesn't mind...I've been so worried she would get upset because the necklace was so unique....

I am posting Mike's one and only accessory, his pocket watch. We are Nightmare Before Christmas fans, but decided not to do a NBC wedding, but he really wanted to use this watch, and the chain actually looks like bones, so he's going to wear it.

DSC01976.jpg

DSC01977.jpg

DSC01978.jpg

Last but not least, Mike has been growing his hair forever, he wanted to donate it to Locks Of Love, and Saturday he cut it off!!

Mike's hair before:

image014.jpg

Mike's hair after:

DSC01975.jpg

And that my friends is all I have for now....we're getting closer now...:)

I won't say it, but you know my answer to all your accessories - one hint - it starts with s! :lmao:

But seriously, mad props to Mike for donating his hair. I've done that before, but for a guy to do it, is just incredible. You're really getting a great guy. :thumbsup2

I love all your stuff, but that butterfly is my favorite - where did you get it?!

I won't say it, but you know my answer to all your accessories - one hint - it starts with s! :lmao:

But seriously, mad props to Mike for donating his hair. I've done that before, but for a guy to do it, is just incredible. You're really getting a great guy. :thumbsup2

I love all your stuff, but that butterfly is my favorite - where did you get it?!

Umm...were you going to say that they are supercalifragilisticexpialidocious??? That's the first word that comes to to mind... I donated my hair to Locks of Love after my cousin died of breast cancer, Locks of Love makes wigs only for children, but it's still helping cancer patients, so it's important to both of us, now they won't take my hair because I have gray, so Mike decided he was going to grow and donate his, he really is a great guy.:love: As for the butterfly, I bought it AGES ago...I have a problem with brooches and pins, really anything sparkly and shiny, I *think* I got it at Kohls for like $2.00, I have a TON of brooches, what are your wedding colors??? I amy be able to help you out...:lmao:

I just came across your PJ, and everything is awesome!! A Halloween corpse bride wedding is so cute!!! I love yoru cake!!

Yikes!!! Our wedding is quickly approaching, and I haven't updated in awhile. I have been trying to get everything in order before we go, and I realized that we still had to pay the balance on Mike's tux, so I told him to call and pay it, later that night, I asked him if he had everything taken care of, and he looks at the floor and says really, really fast..."Idon'twantowearatuxforthewedding." I had no idea what he was saying so I told him to slow down so then he says really, really quietly "I don't want to wear a tux for the wedding."
So I say "Ok, what do you want to wear?" He just shrugged...great.Obviously a shopping excursion was in order. While we were at the mall Mike explained to me that he felt like a tux wasn't right for him, and after I thought about it, it made sense..a tux isn't really Mike, but it's what everyone wears, so I didn't even think twice about it. Really though, as brides we get to express our personality in so many ways with our hair, dress, accessories etc...so why shouldn't Mike get to wear what he wants?
This is what he picked out:
Blazer with Dress Shirt:

DSC01990.jpg

DSC01991-1.jpg

A close up of his pins so he can "represent"...TOOL is his favorite band, nice huh?, a pin on his blazer that says "TOOL", and Jack from NBC...

DSC01993.jpg

Here is his belt, Jack faces...

DSC01997.jpg

And here are Mike's shoes....I LOVE them, they are so him....he's just wearing standard black dress pants, he says he wants to be comfy, but I think he's going to look awesome...

DSC01987.jpg

DSC01988.jpg

Last but not least, the ring "casket" FINALLY came, this is what Mike's DD will carry the rings in...

DSC01982-1.jpg

DSC01985-1.jpg

DSC01986.jpg

That is all I have for now, but hopefully I will be able to update one more time before we fly out Thursday! :cutie:

Wow - this is the most satisfying PJ ever! I discovered it today, you're getting married this week, and I don't have to wait around forever to see how everything turns out! :rotfl: PLUS, I got name checked, your wedding is full-on Corpse Bride, you're wearing an amazing fascinator - this planning journal has EVERYTHING!!! :lmao:

Oh, and nice necklace! ;)

Now that is a cool groom outfit (specifically NOT calling it a tux!). :thumbsup2

I love the ring casket!!!!!!!! That is so cute!!! I'm going to have to find my Corpse Bride dvd, now I really want to watch it! I can't wait to see wedding pics!!!

I must say you are right up my ally! I too will be having a Halloween wedding (well the week before because of our kids want to trick or treat lol) I am having a haunted hotel theme...and still waiting for an answer to my question about holding the ceremony at the haunted mansion. Crossing my fingers! I actually looked at your same cake and originally I was going to order out little coffin boxes and fill them with candy for our favors...I love your ideas! My dress is alittle untraditional...ok maybe alot...i love the black and white together in your dress and def. fits your theme...I can't wait for pictures!:woohoo:

Congrats on your wedding! What a wonderful theme, your event has come together beautifully to capture the theme that you have planned.

Hello everyone!! We made it back, (although I must say didn't want to come back)! We had a great time, and our wedding was exactly what we wanted, Randy doesn't have our pictures done yet, so you will have to wait for pics :lmao:. My mom and grandma took a few pictures, but I haven't had a chance to get them....
I can post the vendor reviews though, so here it goes.

DFTW Wedding Planner: A+ AWESOME!!! Really, I was assigned Karen Serrette, and she was amazing, everything ran so smoothly, and she was on top of everything, she even gave me tips for pictures, she seemed to know Randy, and she knew the drill, so there was never an awkward lapse of time when we didn't know what to do.

Disney Violinist: A+ I'm not sure of his name...but he was really good, he asked during the reception if there were any songs we wanted him to play, and it ended up becoming a name that Disney tune trivia game (I got all but one right...I was so proud of myself :rotfl: ). He did an excellent job!

Wedding Officiant, Tim Herring: A+ What a wonderful man. I told Rev. Tim that neither Mike or I were very religious, and he said he could perform a civil service, I thought the ceremony would be 5 mins. long, but he incorporated some readings and poems, and even managed to get everyone to laugh, he also included India in the ceremony, which we thought was very special. We actually ran into him at Epcot a few days later, we just all really liked him!

Disney Floral (Rosie): A+ My bouquet was absolutely gorgeous, even better than what I had envisioned...it was HUGE! I told Rosie I wanted three different shades of lavender throughout my bouquet, and I had requested a few of the crystal Mickeys in it as well, and it was so beautiful, I actually cried a little when I had to throw it away, Mike's bout was really nice as well, and I had ordered a rose wand for India, and that was perfect as well.

Disney Bakery (Cake): A++ For those of you who don't know I requested a Corpse Bride cake, I sent a picture, it was basically a Mad Hatter cake, just with a different decor, and boy did they deliver. This cake was so beautiful, I didn't want to cut it, they did a perfect job!! It was delicious too, the only downside was we had a TON of cake leftover :rotfl:

Hair and Make Up, Ana and Maribelle (Beaute Speciale): A+ For any of you who have doubts about Beaute Speciale...have no fear, they are AMAZING! They showed up right on time, and Ana went to work on India's hair, Maribelle did my makeup. India had a short haircut, and I figured it wouldn't be able to be all pulled up, but Ana managed to make it work, and it still looked great! My makeup was great, I asked for a really dramatic, dark eye, and Maribelle made it happen! I was initially worried about my hair, I have naturally curly hair, and I wanted to wear it down. I was worried that if she flat-ironed my hair it wouldn't hold curl, but she assured me it would be fine, and it was. I wore a fascinator, and it was windy at Sunset Point, but my hair was still going strong 10 hours later, so was my makeup, they both did such a great job!

Photography Randy Chapman: A+ My pictures aren't in yet, but Randy showed some of the shots on his camera, and if even a quarter of the pictures turn out like the ones he showed me, I'll be thrilled. Randy showed up early, and started snapping away, he was so wonderful, and knew how the whole wedding process worked, he was so helpful. Most of the time I didn't even know he was there. He made everyone laugh, and even Mike liked having his picture taken by him (and he HATES having his picture taken).

Narcoosse's (sp?): A+ They were so wonderful there, we had requested some favors be on the table there, and the decorations from the ceremony were moved there as well. The table looked so great, and the service was amazing! The food was delicious as well, they printed us special menus with our names and the date across the top, we got the star treatment for sure. If you are an Escape bride looking for a place to have a dinner after your wedding, this place is wonderful!

DPS Honeymoon Shoot (Dean): A+ I haven't seen the pictures from this yet, but this guy was a riot. We did the shoot at DHS, and it was the day after our wedding, so we weren't really excited about having our pictures taken again, but he was a cut up. He made us laugh, and took so many different shots, even if the pictures stink (which I'm sure they won't) it would be fine, because we both enjoyed the experience so much.

Well I think that's it for now, I'm going to start my TR soon, hopefully the pictures come in quickly! :)

Wow - this is the most satisfying PJ ever! I discovered it today, you're getting married this week, and I don't have to wait around forever to see how everything turns out! :rotfl: PLUS, I got name checked, your wedding is full-on Corpse Bride, you're wearing an amazing fascinator - this planning journal has EVERYTHING!!! :lmao:

Oh, and nice necklace! ;)

All hail!!!:worship: The Queen of All Things DFTW has graced my PJ!!! I'm so glad you're reading! I'm also stoked you don't mind I borrowed your necklace for inspiration! You're going to have to wait a little bit for pics though, I think Randy has been really busy, thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Now that is a cool groom outfit (specifically NOT calling it a tux!). :thumbsup2

Ooooh you better not, he will have a conniption! :lmao:

I love the ring casket!!!!!!!! That is so cute!!! I'm going to have to find my Corpse Bride dvd, now I really want to watch it! I can't wait to see wedding pics!!!

Hopefully they will be here soon! :goodvibes

Love the ring casket!! So cute!!

Thank you!:)

I must say you are right up my ally! I too will be having a Halloween wedding (well the week before because of our kids want to trick or treat lol) I am having a haunted hotel theme...and still waiting for an answer to my question about holding the ceremony at the haunted mansion. Crossing my fingers! I actually looked at your same cake and originally I was going to order out little coffin boxes and fill them with candy for our favors...I love your ideas! My dress is alittle untraditional...ok maybe alot...i love the black and white together in your dress and def. fits your theme...I can't wait for pictures!:woohoo:

Well I hope everything comes together for you! I wanted our wedding at the Haunted Mansion, but the price they were asking was half of what we paid for our house....:rotfl:, but it all worked out and were both happy with the end result, I can't wait to see the pictures either!!:rotfl:

Congrats on your wedding! What a wonderful theme, your event has come together beautifully to capture the theme that you have planned.

Thank you!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter