It's a Stroller Sir, not a Battering Ram!!! NEW PTR LINK POSTED

Your pictures of the flower and garden festival are beautiful...and it looks like you guys were enjoying every moment of being there.

Too funny about Jeff with the butterflies, and I love Shanleigh's comment about her Grandma being with you.

That is so horrible that that family behaved that way over such a simple request, unforunately it seems a lot of people just can't be bothered helping those around them.

Can't wait to hear where you guys were off to next:goodvibes

I had promised an update earlier in the weekend and here we are at Sunday night and I`m only getting to it now!

Yeah! What's with that?? What gives, lady?? Oh, wait... I'm behind on my own TR, aren't I... Nevermind.

I hope all you amazing dad`s had a wonderful Fathers Day!

I did! :)

So here we are at our first full day in the world! Where were we headed....

SeaWorld? Universal? Gatorland? Richard Petty? Busch Gardens?

Why Epcot of course!

I was so close!

044.jpg

I have loved peacock`s since I was a little girl and when I saw this I just knew we were meant to be here and experience this wonderful festival!

Did you notice how the trees in the background look like the peacock's tail feathers?

We ventured out of Soarin and started to head over to WS! We stopped so I could take this gorgeous shot!

And the scenery behind her is gorgeous too.

We laughed as we headed to see the butterfly house...imagining Jeff with us and him flailing the entire time we would be in here! Shan sent him a text telling him what we were doing and he told her not to go in ... it wasn`t safe!

:lmao:

Couldn`t believe I actually got this shot because it was so bright I couldn`t see my screen so I had no idea how it turned out until later!

....so I took another one just in case!:lmao:

And they both turned out really well! :thumbsup2

Shan loved this butterfly and it as flying all around her and finally landed on this flower so I grabbed this picture! She thought maybe her grandma was with us:hug:

Aww..

Peter Pan and Captain Hook....I look at this picture and it looks like they are running right at us!

You mean they weren't?

This brings us about halfway around WS ...can't wait to tell you where we were headed next!

Can't wait to read about it.

And as for the muslim family... isn't it sad how one's perceptions can colour yourself in the same light? Being rude to the Muslim family only demonstrates their own rudeness.

Yuck.

But I don't want to sign off on a negative note, so thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

I love the F&G festival! We went 3 years in a row but missed this one. The butterfly house is one of my favorites. Those pictures you got are amazing.

I teared up a little when I was reading the story about the Muslim family. Some people are just truly awful. I would have done the same thing you did. That was really very kind of you. :hug:

Oh and I am addicted to the "Crashers" series on HGTV. I could watch it all day!:goodvibes

YAY! All caught up! :woohoo:

Great start! Glad to hear you had a smooth traveling day except for the MIA flight crew (?) And it's so nice to know all your real names though I'm sure it will take awhile for me to remember, "Oh, her name is Shanleigh not Jasmine." lol :D

:thumbsup2 to ME and your room location at POP! I'm sorry though you got stuck with a Mears bus though or do they still show the video on those buses? Anyways... POP looks as awesome as ever, so cool your room is right by Roger Rabbit AND Pacman, pretty epic I think. :-) :thumbsup2 to your DISmeet at Raglan Road and congrats to Hypermommy on her weight loss! 130 lbs is definitely a HUGE accomplishment :)

WOOT! EPCOT! :teeth: And this was your first time seeing the F&GF? Wow! Well, so glad to hear you did, it really is such a beautiful and great event. :thumbsup2 The Butterfly house looks beautiful and that's awesome how the butterflies seemed to gravitate towards you. Lovely!

I can't believe those people who wouldn't take a picture for the woman trying to hold her baby and take a picture of her family. How rude is that? Some people these days... so sweet of you to help them :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Hello! I was so excited to see you started your TR! I am caught up. I hope you enjoyed yourself so much and that's why you forgot pictures.

Your new airport looks lovely--I think you took that picture just to advertise the JETS! hehe.

Poor Jeff. Poor Shan. I remember when I had to leave my dh when we were dating and how sad it was. It is good to know that Jeff will be on future trips!

The pictures at EPCOT are amazing! (And as always, the pictures of the two of you are fabulous!) I can't wait to read more.

Shockingly, I have not made more than 2 dinner reservations for our upcoming trip...I am not doing a good job planning. Where should I eat??

I agree with Shan; I love how you love people too!

Debby

F&G is so pretty. I haven't been back in 7 years, so I love living vicariously through pictures.

I can't believe the story about the Muslim family and the pictures. What is wrong with people today? I know I've said stuff like that before on my own TR's, but seriously there is something wrong with people in general. I just don't get it anymore.

Looks like you guys had a great first morning. Beautiful pictures. You guys look so happy. :goodvibes

Great update.

I love how happy you both look:hug:

School is almost done and then I will have time to write proper responses.:woohoo:

I'm here and all caught up. Better late than never, right:thumbsup2?

We were in the 80s section with the Walkman in 2010 and we loved it over there! I always think I'm young, but Jasmine (so hard to call her Shanleigh, even though it is a gorgeous name!) not knowing what a Walkman is pretty much makes me feel old!

F&G is so beautiful! We've only been once, during that same 2010 trip, but we loved it. Epcot is always pretty, but F&G makes it absolutely stunning.

So excited to follow you ladies around WDW again!

Glad you finally got to experience the F&GF. It's one of my very favorite times to visit! :goodvibes

Random story but since you mentioned peacocks...I have to say you would have enjoyed going to the zoo today with us! We went for Father's Day and there were peacocks all over the place! It was crazy.
Me too! It is now my favorite time to visit and I hope we can again in the near future!

They are all over our zoo too and I could sit and watch them all day! My dad bought me a tapestry (not sure if you're too young to know what that is) for my bedroom wall when he was peacekeeping in Cyprus when I was 7 and it had peacocks on it and I think that's where my love of them came from ;)

Glad you got to visit during the F&GF. Everything is just especially pretty then, isn't it? I think my favorite parts are all the topiaries made to look like characters.

I've enjoyed my stroll around WS with you so far. Looking forward to the rest of the trip! :)

It is prettier and normally I found Epcot gorgeous...it was like it was dressed up! We loved it! I too loved the topiaries!

This year was our first experience with F&G fest too, and I was blown away by it! It was almost overwhelming! I stood in that same spot overlooking the water for so long that Bryan asked if I'd fallen asleep! :rotfl2:

What a sad story with the Muslim family. I can't believe how cruel and ignorant people can be. I am so glad that Shan appreciates the example that you're setting for her. That's special. :goodvibes

I can't wait to see where you two are off to next!

Incidentally, my DH was reading another TR over my shoulder after our trip and saw someone with a GG slushie. He was furious with me for not telling him that it existed! :lmao: I thought of you of course. :)
Overwhelming...great word! I agree, it's like we didn't want to leave in case we missed something!

You know when it's happening and in your head you're thinking, did they just say what I think they said? That was happening to me at that exact moment!

Just tell your DH you wanted to keep it a secret and surprise him with a GGS next trip:rolleyes1

Your pictures are all so beautiful! I :love: the Flower Festival. It is my favorite time to be at Epcot!

As for the situation you witnessed....why is it the "happiest place on Earth" seems to bring out the worst in some people? Good for you for helping them! I'm sure it meant a great deal to that family :goodvibes

Thank you so much Dawn:hug: It is now my favourite time too! Next time I will book a little earlier so I have more than one day to enjoy it!

No kidding! I can't believe how mean and inconsiderate some people can be. My blood was boiling and I wanted to yell at them but I quickly remembered that would make me no better than them!

All your F&G Festival pictures are great, it's such a beautiful sight to take in the first time. Just one of the many wonderful events Epcot puts on. :thumbsup2

Sad to hear that the picture situation happened, but unfortunately it's such a common occurrence in WDW. Wish it wasn't, but some people just don't grasp common courtesy. :confused3

Oh what a wonderful day among the flowers! It's so very gorgeous!
What a sad situation with the Muslim family at the picture spot. I'm so glad you set a good example for your daughter, showed the family in front of you what it means to be human and just plain did the nice thing by taking their picture. It's awful how ignorant some people can be. I grew up with a father who can be a little ignorant, and a mom who like you, appreciates everyone, so I can tell Shan with certainty that she's very smart not to take you for granted!

I'm so excited to read the rest of this TR! I've read quite a few of your TR's and PTR's, but didn't comment until now.

What rude people. I don't understand how people can be so unkind in the happiest place on Earth!

Quick question, do you know where Shanleigh got the sandals that she is wearing in your last update? I LOVE them!

Love HGTV but I like the home better than the garden.

Me too! I garden only because I have to .... but I love decorating!

Flower & Garden Festival is so beautiful.

I always loved Epcot for it's beautiful landscapes, but F & G made it feel like it was all dressed for the ball!

Aw.

Her grandma loved butterflies;)

People can be so ignorant.
I don't know why it still shocks me but it seems worse when we're at Disney...I guess because I assume everyone should be happy there!

Great update!
Great update! Some day we will get to the Flower and Garden Festival and the Beer and Wine Festival as well
Food, Darcy, Food and Wine, but I can see where you are coming from:lmao: We should plan one of our trips during it and we can all drink around the world and the kids could just get us back to the bus:crazy2:
Loved the pictures of the butterflies and Jasmine thinking her grandmother was with her. Whenever I see a butterfly, I always think my grandfather sent it for me. :love:
I love that! It just made my day as I'm sure it does when you see one...so special!
Your pictures of the flower and garden festival are beautiful...and it looks like you guys were enjoying every moment of being there.

Too funny about Jeff with the butterflies, and I love Shanleigh's comment about her Grandma being with you.

That is so horrible that that family behaved that way over such a simple request, unforunately it seems a lot of people just can't be bothered helping those around them.

Can't wait to hear where you guys were off to next:goodvibes

We were having the best time and I truly mean it...the best time!

Jeff was squirming as he was looking at the pictures because he felt I got too close for the pictures....:rotfl2:

I always think karma...karma will come around when you're not nice to people!

Yeah! What's with that?? What gives, lady?? Oh, wait... I'm behind on my own TR, aren't I... Nevermind.

To be honest, my computer and I were not getting along at all .... and then throw father's day in there......:confused3

I did! :)

:thumbsup2
SeaWorld? Universal? Gatorland? Richard Petty? Busch Gardens?

All great guesses....but no!
I was so close!

...remember, only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes....

Did you notice how the trees in the background look like the peacock's tail feathers?

Not until you mentioned it....keen eye:thumbsup2

And the scenery behind her is gorgeous too.

:flower3:

:lmao:

:rotfl2:

And they both turned out really well! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I was sure tit was going to fly away but nope!

Aww..

I know, right?

You mean they weren't?

No;)

Can't wait to read about it.

And as for the muslim family... isn't it sad how one's perceptions can colour yourself in the same light? Being rude to the Muslim family only demonstrates their own rudeness.

Yuck.

But I don't want to sign off on a negative note, so thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes
I couldn't agree more...but I was truly standing there with my mouth open! More to come in the next day or so.....
I love the F&G festival! We went 3 years in a row but missed this one. The butterfly house is one of my favorites. Those pictures you got are amazing.

I teared up a little when I was reading the story about the Muslim family. Some people are just truly awful. I would have done the same thing you did. That was really very kind of you. :hug:

Oh and I am addicted to the "Crashers" series on HGTV. I could watch it all day!:goodvibes
Hey girl!

I can't wait to go again and take in more days while it's on! I wasn't thinking about it being the last day when I was booking but now that I know how great it is I won't forget with future bookings!

I'm addicted to Decked Out but I think it's Canadian, not sure if you would get it!

YAY! All caught up! :woohoo:

Great start! Glad to hear you had a smooth traveling day except for the MIA flight crew (?) And it's so nice to know all your real names though I'm sure it will take awhile for me to remember, "Oh, her name is Shanleigh not Jasmine." lol :D
Jasmine, Shanleigh, hey you....all of them work:rotfl2:
:thumbsup2 to ME and your room location at POP! I'm sorry though you got stuck with a Mears bus though or do they still show the video on those buses? Anyways... POP looks as awesome as ever, so cool your room is right by Roger Rabbit AND Pacman, pretty epic I think. :-) :thumbsup2 to your DISmeet at Raglan Road and congrats to Hypermommy on her weight loss! 130 lbs is definitely a HUGE accomplishment :)
I didn't mind, it did have the video and by that point I jsut wanted to get to Pop! Hypermommy is one amazing lady...we love her to death!
WOOT! EPCOT! :teeth: And this was your first time seeing the F&GF? Wow! Well, so glad to hear you did, it really is such a beautiful and great event. :thumbsup2 The Butterfly house looks beautiful and that's awesome how the butterflies seemed to gravitate towards you. Lovely!
Yup, first time...I keep asking myself what took us so long to get there for it!
I can't believe those people who wouldn't take a picture for the woman trying to hold her baby and take a picture of her family. How rude is that? Some people these days... so sweet of you to help them :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum
What goes around comes around...at least that's what I've always told Shanleigh, sometimes I wonder if it will tho?
Hello! I was so excited to see you started your TR! I am caught up. I hope you enjoyed yourself so much and that's why you forgot pictures.
Hey there...it's funny, I kept thinking where's Debby it's so odd that I haven't heard from her and then Shanleigh said they're on vacation mom!! Too funny
Your new airport looks lovely--I think you took that picture just to advertise the JETS! hehe.
Funny you should say that....I actually took one and zoomed in on the sign but then you couldn't see anything else:rotfl2:
Poor Jeff. Poor Shan. I remember when I had to leave my dh when we were dating and how sad it was. It is good to know that Jeff will be on future trips!
Me too! It really was sad and I kept thinking how much I was going to miss him too, he is so much fun to have around!
The pictures at EPCOT are amazing! (And as always, the pictures of the two of you are fabulous!) I can't wait to read more.

Shockingly, I have not made more than 2 dinner reservations for our upcoming trip...I am not doing a good job planning. Where should I eat??
:scared:only 2...we'll chat!
I agree with Shan; I love how you love people too!
Aww Debby, thank you so much:goodvibes
Debby

F&G is so pretty. I haven't been back in 7 years, so I love living vicariously through pictures.

I can't believe the story about the Muslim family and the pictures. What is wrong with people today? I know I've said stuff like that before on my own TR's, but seriously there is something wrong with people in general. I just don't get it anymore.

Looks like you guys had a great first morning. Beautiful pictures. You guys look so happy. :goodvibes
Hey chicky!

I kept asking myself that on this trip, but fortunately, we did meet some lovely people while we were waiting for rides so it did help to know that it wasn't all bad! Some tho .... unreal!

I am telling you it was the best morning! Everytime I think of it I smile!

Great update.

I love how happy you both look:hug:

School is almost done and then I will have time to write proper responses.:woohoo:
Hi friend;)

We were beyond happy that day....I looked like a goof walking around grinning from ear to ear...but I didn't care!:rotfl2:

So happy you are almost done....I wonder why I went into banking and not education every June:rotfl2:

I'm here and all caught up. Better late than never, right:thumbsup2?

We were in the 80s section with the Walkman in 2010 and we loved it over there! I always think I'm young, but Jasmine (so hard to call her Shanleigh, even though it is a gorgeous name!) not knowing what a Walkman is pretty much makes me feel old!

F&G is so beautiful! We've only been once, during that same 2010 trip, but we loved it. Epcot is always pretty, but F&G makes it absolutely stunning.

So excited to follow you ladies around WDW again!
I am so happy that you're here:goodvibes

Is it wrong to say I still keep thinking I'm young and I'm going to be 48...my body tells me I'm 48 some days but my brain says 25 all the way!!!!

We loved that location and that pool, it was so quiet during the days!

All your F&G Festival pictures are great, it's such a beautiful sight to take in the first time. Just one of the many wonderful events Epcot puts on. :thumbsup2

Sad to hear that the picture situation happened, but unfortunately it's such a common occurrence in WDW. Wish it wasn't, but some people just don't grasp common courtesy. :confused3

I was speechless, and just kept wandering and stopping and wandering and stopping, sit on a bench...I just couldn't take it all in

You're right, all to common! I just keep thinking if we do the right thing that's all we have to worry about!:flower3:

Oh what a wonderful day among the flowers! It's so very gorgeous!
What a sad situation with the Muslim family at the picture spot. I'm so glad you set a good example for your daughter, showed the family in front of you what it means to be human and just plain did the nice thing by taking their picture. It's awful how ignorant some people can be. I grew up with a father who can be a little ignorant, and a mom who like you, appreciates everyone, so I can tell Shan with certainty that she's very smart not to take you for granted!
Hey sweetie!

I have always tried to teach her well, but there have been times where I have said something because I just couldnt' stand it:rotfl2: My sister is the exact opposite of me, she'll avoid confrontation like the plague...and then there's me....I can't stand people being mean or rude:confused3

I'm so excited to read the rest of this TR! I've read quite a few of your TR's and PTR's, but didn't comment until now.
Thank you so much for posting...it's nice to meet people who have been following along for a while!:goodvibes
What rude people. I don't understand how people can be so unkind in the happiest place on Earth!
I can't help but think how good it makes you feel when you're nice to people....why don't people remember that?
Quick question, do you know where Shanleigh got the sandals that she is wearing in your last update? I LOVE them!

We're in Canada and she got them at a store called Urban Trail. They are Ugg's so wherever they sell the boots they sell the sandals, at least here they do! She went back and forth about getting them because of the price but she said she doesn't regret it for one second, that leather is like butter (her words not mine:rotfl2:)

Great start to your TR! Loving all the pictures, especially the butterfly pictures! They are lovely. :goodvibes

I honestly can not believe that someone could be rude enough to refuse to take a picture of a family. That's just wrong. :sad2:

I know the feeling of forgetting the camera and forgetting to take pictures. I found myself doing that a lot on my last trip.

Looking forward to more!

I like your Jets shirt

Thanks, I'll tell you you liked it!!!

Great start to your TR! Loving all the pictures, especially the butterfly pictures! They are lovely. :goodvibes

I honestly can not believe that someone could be rude enough to refuse to take a picture of a family. That's just wrong. :sad2:

I know the feeling of forgetting the camera and forgetting to take pictures. I found myself doing that a lot on my last trip.

Looking forward to more!

Glad you're home safe and sound and I can't wait to start reading yours!

When I saw them I thought of you....I tried to channel you as I was taking them;)

It always amazes me how rude people can really be...glad we're not among them!

I don't know what was up that night, I just about died when we got on the bus and she sent Shan a message saying what a great time she'd had and my heart sank....it was at that moment I realized I had nothing from our meet!

Hi hon! Doesnt she look amazing....she had had an amazing pregnancy and both Shan and I cannot wait for this baby to come!

Missing boyfriends is never fun....but going to Disney has a way of making you get over it pretty quickly LOL
-I cannot wait for my friends to start having kids! I have a few of my friends who are getting married soon!
-That's very true! I got the job at Kiddie Kandids (a kids photo studio inside Babiesrus) today! That will definitely keep me busy for the rest of the summer!!
-Isn't flower and garden festival just magical? It made it so much better when I was there!
-I take those kinds of pictures all the time! Most of the time they don't come out, but sometimes they turn out really nice!
-How nice! You look really good!
-Wow....some people are just truly despicable....
-You really do have to be creative! I'm the same way with my money! As much as I want to spend all my money on my friends and family my education is more important right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter