It's a Stroller Sir, not a Battering Ram!!! NEW PTR LINK POSTED

"I love both, but I prefer the Tens Spa but who am I kidding RIverstone is pretty amazing as well! Let's pick a date in late spring so our tootsie's are ready for summer! Then maybe Pizzeria Gusto for lunch! Let me know what you think!"

That sounds awesome!! Late spring sounds perfect. So maybe end of April or beginning of may!! You pick the spa cuz I like both!! I've never been to pizzeria gusto so that sounds great!! I'll message you with some dates that are good for me!! Enjoy your Sunday!!!

Debbie :lmao:

Oh, another great update! I just love reading about people making good friends on here. Warms my heart!

Me too! As many times as we've been, I still see details I've never noticed before, I just love it!

Where are you staying? Maybe we'll see each other there:goodvibes

Right now we're booked to stay at the GF, but if I'm being totally honest, I think we'll end up switching to POR. GF is so beautiful, but we're working on several home projects this year so we can move next year, and the difference in price would take care of a good share of them. :crazy2: We will see!! Where will you be staying?

I've always wanted to try Rose and Crown. :thumbsup2
What a great Dismeet! You guys all got some nice pictures together.
Boardwalk... what a gorgeous place! Some day I'd like to use those check in desks too.

We went twice this trip and both times were great! We had a lovely server both times and I always think that makes a difference in your experience as well!

It was such a great time! I want to stay there one trip just to experience what it's like to be able to walk to Epcot:rotfl2:

I was just looking at the menu for Rose and Crown a few minutes ago because I've wanted to go inside there and never have! It's a must do for me. Three summers spent in London, and I miss it. This is probably the closest I'll get for a while since I have small kids now!

I really think you would enjoy it! The time we went earlier on in this trip was that really hot day and to have a drink on the patio outside was nothing short of heavenly! It doesn't take much to make this girl happy!!

So nice to meet up with Dis friends! I've only met one in person, but I do have one other one I'll be meeting up with A LOT on our next trip. I've never met her in person, but she's already one of my best friends, if that's possible!:goodvibes

It is possible cause I know exactly how that is! I can't wait to hear how it goes when you meet in person! We have met up with Declan's dad's crew twice now and we're like old friends! We have a blast with them too and keep in though all throughout the year!

Always so sad when a trip is wrapping up :(.

I agree...but I'm so excited that we are blessed to be booking another one!! Everyday when I get up to go to work I think about our upcoming trip!! Makes the days easier!

Aww, what a great meet! Great pictures of all of you.

Leanne, Josie is adorable! :goodvibes

Such a great time and I couldn't agree more, Josie is the sweetest little girl! Whenever we're in the states shopping, Shanleigh always sends Leanne a text to let Josie know that she's at Ulta...they both love that store! God willing, one of these years, we'll all be there together!

What a great meet!! I'm so glad you got a chance to meet up with your friend. And I love that your baby girl wasn't put off by it, I hope y'all get a chance to vaca together in the near future.

Can't wait to read your last post and then start reading your PTR!! :goodvibes

Oh me too! I said to Shanleigh on the boat that I felt I could have sat on a couch with my feet up and yapped to them all night...like we'd been friends forever! It was truly wonderful!

So happy that you'll be along for the PTR!!! Makes me :goodvibes

Wow, thank you for sharing your DIS meet.
It's really quite amazing the connections that I've seen made on this little board. :grouphug:

Thank you so much for reading Rob! There are few things in this world that make me happier than Disney, going to Disney, writing about Disney....I know you get it!!

It really is....I remember thinking when I first joined that it wouldn't be possible...but it is!!! One of my first was in 2010 and because she lives close to WDW we meet up every trip now! She is a hoot and we have a blast together!

What a perfect way to end your last night at the world.

And I love Shanleigh's shirt, it's adorable:goodvibes

Hi doll! You are so right!

Shanleigh bought that shirt at TJ Maxx for $6...my girl loves a bargain and she doesn't mind searching for one. I, on the other hand, hate it!:rotfl2: Love the cheaper price but hate the hours of searching.....She said thank you ;)

What a nice DISmeet!

Sad to see your TR wrapping up but happily awaiting the arrival of your next PTR :)

Oh my word. Blue cheese filet. Drooling here.

And you know how happy I am that you'll be following along!

I'm telling you girl....it was to.die.for!!! My girlfriend who I was with never eats steak, she is the pickiest eater I have ever met but she decided to try the blue cheese crust:rotfl2: I sent her hubby a text and his response was " she won't eat the steak but she'll try mold...that's my girl" I howled!!! She spit it out and took a couple of swigs of her caeser to get the taste out of her mouth:confused3

"I love both, but I prefer the Tens Spa but who am I kidding RIverstone is pretty amazing as well! Let's pick a date in late spring so our tootsie's are ready for summer! Then maybe Pizzeria Gusto for lunch! Let me know what you think!"

That sounds awesome!! Late spring sounds perfect. So maybe end of April or beginning of may!! You pick the spa cuz I like both!! I've never been to pizzeria gusto so that sounds great!! I'll message you with some dates that are good for me!! Enjoy your Sunday!!!

Debbie :lmao:

That sounds great...the only week I'm not available is the long weekend week...I am on vacation and we might go away, but if we don't and you can go during the week maybe we can do that.

We love Pizzeria Gusto....it's gourmet pizza and the restaurant is beautiful!! I think you'll love it!

Oh, another great update! I just love reading about people making good friends on here. Warms my heart!

Me too! As many times as we've been, I still see details I've never noticed before, I just love it!

Where are you staying? Maybe we'll see each other there:goodvibes

Right now we're booked to stay at the GF, but if I'm being totally honest, I think we'll end up switching to POR. GF is so beautiful, but we're working on several home projects this year so we can move next year, and the difference in price would take care of a good share of them. :crazy2: We will see!! Where will you be staying?

My dream resort is GF! I understand completely about the cost being a factor. There is always something coming up but as long as I get to the World, I'll lay my head down wherever is the best deal! We are booked in at Pop Century!!

Rose and Crown was a good last minute choice-- I love it there! Your Dismeet sounds just lovely! It's so nice to meet people from the boards and learn they're just as lovely in person as online!

What a wonderful way to spend your last few hours at Disney :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing another wonderful trip with all of us :)

That story is hilarious!! Haha! I love steak and I love blue cheese so I would be in heaven! There was a restaurant long ago that used to make the best salad and I have recreated it many times at home. It's called an All American Steak Salad.

Iceberg lettuce lightly tossed in blue cheese dressing, topped with red onion, fresh sliced tomato, sliced strip steak, Gorgonzola crumbles, and crispy crinkle cut fries. Sigh. Sooooo good!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend! Happy St. Patty's Day!

I can hardly believe that this TR has come to an end....not too soon I might add, it has been almost a year since we went:rotfl2:

I thought I would share some pictures of our departure morning! The one thing I discovered on this trip was....that at 4am as you're walking to the lobby to catch ME...there are numerous amounts of large spiders on the ground in your way trying to attack you....well, in my head they were attacking! I have a sinking feeling there were a few families awoken by our yelps along the way!
762_zps633cea15.jpg

We finally made it to the lobby and this is what we saw....no one, except for 2 cast members who couldn't have been more friendly! We had a good laugh at the difference between getting up this early when you're leaving to come to WDW but what a difference when you're going home!
763_zps41ad24bf.jpg

While we waited for our bus I thought I would grab some shots around the lobby! Flash cards...what a flashback to childhood....how I hated them!!! My dad would make me practice every night....ughhh!!! I guess it did pay off tho LOL
764_zps014bf741.jpg

More childhood memories....I think that's what I love most about this place! We had just returned to Canada from 4 years in Germany when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon...I was only 4 but I remember it like it was yesterday! I can still hear my dad telling us how lucky we were to witness this...this was a huge moment in history!! I will never forget it!
765_zpsdae1f0c7.jpg

The Jetson's ... never missed it!
769_zpsb7927b7a.jpg

Why did I all of a sudden feel like there was something in here that I should have bought and didn't? Does this happen to anyone else...cause it happens to me every trip!
770_zpsf56aaa57.jpg

The exit to the buses...not an exit we would be using again in 2012
771_zpsf48b7a97.jpg

Finally the ME bus arrived and I was shocked that neither of us was crying yet...we weren't talking (it's a thing between us) cause one wrong "remember" and we're both bawling....not pretty, especially at 4am!

We had a quiet ride to MCO, was surprised at how busy custom's/security area was and before we knew it we were thru and headed home!
772_zpsf941737e.jpg

Waiting for our flight from Minneapolis to Winnipeg....again, nothing exciting! No problems coming home and Jeff was waiting for us and he was more than excited to see his sweetheart! He couldn't wait to get to our place so we could show him the pictures and tell him all about it!

As much as we missed my sister, her family and Jeff being along on this trip we did manage to have a great time! We are truly blessed that we love this place and love spending time together!

I am hoping to get a link to my PTR up tonight but in case I don't, I will post it here in the next week or so!

Thank you all again for following us, it was so fun chatting with you all and I hope to see you all at our PTR!!!:flower3:

Rose and Crown was a good last minute choice-- I love it there! Your Dismeet sounds just lovely! It's so nice to meet people from the boards and learn they're just as lovely in person as online!
I thought so too and the food was so yummy! So so true....I have only had one encounter with a Diser that was not what I expected, but, it hasn't deterred me from meeting others! There are too many lovely people out there and we've met lots that we had a ball with!

What a wonderful way to spend your last few hours at Disney :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing another wonderful trip with all of us :)

Thank you so much Dawn, it wouldn't have been the same without you along:goodvibes

YAY...already subscribed and on my way over to read!!! I will let my sister know you've started as well!!!

That story is hilarious!! Haha! I love steak and I love blue cheese so I would be in heaven! There was a restaurant long ago that used to make the best salad and I have recreated it many times at home. It's called an All American Steak Salad.

Iceberg lettuce lightly tossed in blue cheese dressing, topped with red onion, fresh sliced tomato, sliced strip steak, Gorgonzola crumbles, and crispy crinkle cut fries. Sigh. Sooooo good!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend! Happy St. Patty's Day!

Ummmm....that sounds DELICIOUS!!!! Gonna have to try it!!!

Same to you my friend...same to you :flower3:

It's always so sad leaving Disney :( but there is always something nice about being home again and I'm sure Jeff was thrilled to see Shanleigh!

At least you have a new trip to look forward to...no pressure but kinda sorta hoping you post the link tonight :)

You must try the salad and let me know your thoughts. We are making it next week, I will post a pic.

Ummm, what was the DISmeet that thankfully didn't deter you from future ones? Just reading that without knowing the background kind of gives me the creeps! Ick!!

What a great DIS meet! Isn't it funny what wonderful un-met friends we make here? Maybe I'm silly, but DISmeets do make me a little nervous though. Somehow after chatting away for months or years on the internet and I'm afraid I'll have nothing to say in person! :rotfl:

Pretty pictures of an empty POP lobby. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of it that quiet!

Another wonderful TR Queen. I so hope that my little girl and I will have as wonderful a relationship as she grows up as you and Shanleigh do. What a beautiful inspiration you two are. :goodvibes

Can't wait for the PTR!

Aww... I was almost tearing up at the last morning pictures of Pop! I miss that place!
Well, it was a fantastic tr and I'm glad I was along for the ride. Thank you for sharing your trip with us!
Yayyyyyyy for the next one!

Oh, we can all relate so well to this post! We all know exactly what you're talking about! Quiet, because you're afraid not to be...one wrong "remember..." Makes me misty-eyed just thinking about it! And that Pop exit! I miss it. We didn't stay there last trip and won't be on our upcoming trip, either. That was our first "place," ya know? The most special memories of all :sad:.

I do love looking at all those shadowboxes. They have such a great collection there! My husband and I are children of the eighties (well, he barely made it--1980!), but what I think is great about being born then is that we inherited all the cool things from earlier generations! The Jetsons were still huge in the eighties, as were flash cards...in fact, most of the older games and shows were still hugely popular! Kids nowadays don't know what they're missing! I'm just happy my kids like things like the original Gumby, and of course they're fans of all the older Disney animation :thumbsup2. Some things are classics, but not things that come out now, I think.

You know, I think I'm rambling so that this TR doesn't have to end. If I finish typing, it's my final comment :sad2:.

I adore you, Queen, and I cannot wait for your new PTR!:yay:

Gah, I can't believe it's over. :sad2:
I did laugh at the Spiders comment though!! "SPIDERS, why did it have to be SPIDERS?!" :rotfl2:

Travel home day is seriously the worst. But on the brighter side, it's never Good Bye but "See Ya Real Soon!"

I do want to mention that it is so amazing the relationship you and Shan have with each other. It's really beautiful and touching. :flower3:

I leave you with this. Thank you for this report... now bring on the PTR! :cool1:

Love a DIS meet! :) I got to meet Leanne and her family about three years ago during a DIS meet of about 4-6 DISers. It was lots of fun!

I hate to see the end of your report, but am looking forward to hearing about your holiday trip plans!

It's always so sad leaving Disney :( but there is always something nice about being home again and I'm sure Jeff was thrilled to see Shanleigh!

At least you have a new trip to look forward to...no pressure but kinda sorta hoping you post the link tonight :)

You must try the salad and let me know your thoughts. We are making it next week, I will post a pic.

Ummm, what was the DISmeet that thankfully didn't deter you from future ones? Just reading that without knowing the background kind of gives me the creeps! Ick!!

He was so excited to see her that he went to the wrong section of the airport! When he dropped us off we just pulled up to the front door so he hadn't actually been inside yet. Shan and I wandered around and watched him for about 5 minutes at the Canadian arrivals section.....:rotfl2:

I am so sorry I didn't get that link posted....as a matter of fact I haven't even started it yet! I have Friday off this week so I am planning on doing it then!

I will be trying it this weekend too!!! It wasn't a creepy dis-meet, it was an uncomfortable one. Don't let it deter you...it wasn't a planned one so I think that does make a difference! Every other one has been wonderful!

What a great DIS meet! Isn't it funny what wonderful un-met friends we make here? Maybe I'm silly, but DISmeets do make me a little nervous though. Somehow after chatting away for months or years on the internet and I'm afraid I'll have nothing to say in person! :rotfl:
That only happened once and it wasn't a planned one so don't let it deter you...it's really neat how you think you've spoken to this person and you feel like you've known them forever! I understand your trepedation...Shanleigh is the same way!
Pretty pictures of an empty POP lobby. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of it that quiet!
I just couldn't resist...I know the odds of seeing it like this again were few and far between!
Another wonderful TR Queen. I so hope that my little girl and I will have as wonderful a relationship as she grows up as you and Shanleigh do. What a beautiful inspiration you two are. :goodvibes
[SIZE=""]Aww thanks hon...means so much for you to say that! You will, I can see it already!! I have been very blessed to have been given a daughter as wonderful as her! She is the reason I get up every morning![/SIZE]
Can't wait for the PTR!
More than thrilled that you will be along again!
Aww... I was almost tearing up at the last morning pictures of Pop! I miss that place!
Well, it was a fantastic tr and I'm glad I was along for the ride. Thank you for sharing your trip with us!
Yayyyyyyy for the next one!

See..this is the reason we love these boards, cause our friends on here just get it!! We know those feelings all too well!

So happy that you'll be along again!

Oh, we can all relate so well to this post! We all know exactly what you're talking about! Quiet, because you're afraid not to be...one wrong "remember..." Makes me misty-eyed just thinking about it! And that Pop exit! I miss it. We didn't stay there last trip and won't be on our upcoming trip, either. That was our first "place," ya know? The most special memories of all :sad:.
EXACTLY!!! I do love my Dis-friends...no explaining is ever necessary!:flower3: We have those feelings whenever we stay at Music! I will have to scan some pics from that first trip so you guys can see how little Shan was!
I do love looking at all those shadowboxes. They have such a great collection there! My husband and I are children of the eighties (well, he barely made it--1980!), but what I think is great about being born then is that we inherited all the cool things from earlier generations! The Jetsons were still huge in the eighties, as were flash cards...in fact, most of the older games and shows were still hugely popular! Kids nowadays don't know what they're missing! I'm just happy my kids like things like the original Gumby, and of course they're fans of all the older Disney animation :thumbsup2. Some things are classics, but not things that come out now, I think.
So true!! I laugh everytime my niece has to do flashcards and I'm the only one that truly gets how she hates them. My sister was a brainiac in school and Shanleigh is as well so they don't get it!!
You know, I think I'm rambling so that this TR doesn't have to end. If I finish typing, it's my final comment :sad2:.
You are seriously the sweetest little thing!
I adore you, Queen, and I cannot wait for your new PTR!:yay:
Darling, the feeling is mutual, I assure you! I can't wait to start it..I think that's why I am waiting, I want to do it right!! Thanks again doll for everything!!
Gah, I can't believe it's over. :sad2:
I did laugh at the Spiders comment though!! "SPIDERS, why did it have to be SPIDERS?!" :rotfl2:
It's funny you say that....Shanleigh was reading the post the other night there and she came into the living room and said "I forgot about those stupid spiders everywhere" and went back to her room ... I laughed out loud!
Travel home day is seriously the worst. But on the brighter side, it's never Good Bye but "See Ya Real Soon!"
I am such on mess on departure day...neither of us can usually stop crying...and let's just say...it's an ugly cry! But you are right...we all know we'll be back!
I do want to mention that it is so amazing the relationship you and Shan have with each other. It's really beautiful and touching. :flower3:
That is so kind of you to say...I feel truly blessed that I have her in my life and don't know what I would do without her!
I leave you with this. Thank you for this report... now bring on the PTR! :cool1:
Friday!!! I promise and I so happy you'll be along again! See, isn't this better than lurking;)
Love a DIS meet! :) I got to meet Leanne and her family about three years ago during a DIS meet of about 4-6 DISers. It was lots of fun!

I hate to see the end of your report, but am looking forward to hearing about your holiday trip plans!

I believe I saw those pictures and I was so envious that you were all together!

I can't wait to share them with you. I started it on Sunday night and then stopped. I knew I would rush it just to get it up and I thought nope, gonna do this right! Thank you again so much for reading along and I'm so happy you'll be here for the next one!

Whoops! Fell a little behind, so I've got two chapters to catch up on...

Considering it has almost been a year since we went I really should be wrapping this thing up!

A year??? Where does the time go? It feels like it was only a few weeks ago that you started this TR.

We headed out to Epcot and once again it was raining and quite cool but I didn't care....I had waited for this day for years and not rain, cold or anything was going to dampen my spirits!

neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep Queen from her appointed meet.

But cold will keep the mailman away. Remember when they cancelled the mail a few weeks ago? What's with that? Dress warm!

then our meal opted out of dessert and then headed down to the boat to The Boardwalk to meet our friends!

So your meal opted out of dessert and then met your friends. Did you go with your meal? Or did it run ahead and get there first?

754_zps9898bb53.jpg

Our arrival at The Boardwalk...as you can see someone still has her poncho on!

Oh, Shan... always the fashion maven. :rolleyes:

She is one of the very first people I met here on the boards and we just clicked.

I'm not surprised. I get the feeling that you click with a lot of people. It comes from being a nice person.

Leanne, her hubby Joe and youngest daughter Josie were here!

Sounds (and looks) like you guys had a great dis-meet. :)

With the photo's out of the way we could just visit but I knew they had travelled all day and must be exhausted but nope, we all went shopping

Amazing isn't it how Disney just makes the tiredness go away?

We all decided one year that Shanleigh and I would head to their neck of the woods and have a vacation there!

Whereabouts?

I can hardly believe that this TR has come to an end....

:sad:

not too soon I might add, it has been almost a year since we went:rotfl2:

Welll..... okay. I guess you have a point.

The one thing I discovered on this trip was....that at 4am as you're walking to the lobby to catch ME...there are numerous amounts of large spiders on the ground in your way trying to attack you....well, in my head they were attacking! I have a sinking feeling there were a few families awoken by our yelps along the way!

:rotfl2: So that's what I heard that morning. I couldn't figure it out.

We finally made it to the lobby and this is what we saw....no one, except for 2 cast members who couldn't have been more friendly!

That really is a beautiful lobby. Plus, nice to have friendly faces there when you're a)Bone tired and b)Sad to be leaving.

We had a good laugh at the difference between getting up this early when you're leaving to come to WDW but what a difference when you're going home!

Really? You were able to laugh? Good for you. I don't know if I would've been able to.

We had just returned to Canada from 4 years in Germany when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon...I was only 4 but I remember it like it was yesterday! I can still hear my dad telling us how lucky we were to witness this...this was a huge moment in history!! I will never forget it!

You're lucky. I don't remember it at all. I remember reading about it when I was quite young (7 or 8?) and being upset when I found out I was alive when it happened and didn't know it at the time.

But isn't it a shame that now the US can't even put a man in orbit anymore let alone put one on the moon. A well known author once wrote, "I always knew I'd live to see a man walk on the moon but I never dreamed I'd live to see the last one."

The Jetson's ... never missed it!

Never saw it! Our house sat in a black hole for TV reception. We could only get CBC and CKY. But all the neighbors around us could get the other channel.

Why did I all of a sudden feel like there was something in here that I should have bought and didn't? Does this happen to anyone else...cause it happens to me every trip!

:laughing:

Finally the ME bus arrived and I was shocked that neither of us was crying yet...we weren't talking (it's a thing between us) cause one wrong "remember" and we're both bawling....not pretty, especially at 4am!

awwww.... poor Queen and Shan.

Waiting for our flight from Minneapolis to Winnipeg....again, nothing exciting!

And that's just what you want!

Thank you all again for following us, it was so fun chatting with you all and I hope to see you all at our PTR!!!:flower3:

Thanks for the TR and I'll see you over on the TR! :goodvibes

What a great trip!!!!! We have been home for about 7 weeks now and I am starting to compile everything to share with everyone. I will definately be reading your PTR! Thank you so much for sharing.

Great TR as always :thumbsup2 I didn't get a chance to comment as much as I would have liked to but did follow through to the end - as sad as the end always is. Your departure morning pictures brought back recent memories as I stayed at Pop for the Princess Half Marathon weekend...strangely though I did not see the lobby that empty on either morning that I was walking through around 3am, lots of folks dressed as princesses with running gear!

Glad you had a wonderful dismeet, I could see your excitement jumping out of the pictures!

I'll be over to your PTR, looking forward to it :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter