It's a Stroller Sir, not a Battering Ram!!! NEW PTR LINK POSTED

Okay, Queen, I'm all caught up. I love that Jasmine now wants to be called by her real name. :lmao::lmao::lmao: I think I'll stick with Jasmine since I'm so used to it. ;)

Great departure day (love the new airport); poor Jeff and Jasmine...I'm sure that had to be hard to be away so long.

Glad you were happy with your room location at POP (towel animals are hit and miss). So happy you went to back to Raglan Road and had another good meal.

There's nothing better than the perfect room location!
So bummed that there's no pictures of Raglan Road! That's the ADR I'm most excited about. Never been but I keep seeing these computer-lickin good pictures of the food. How were the ribs?

And I'm definitely going for LA. I LOATHE the Devils. And hopefully they win tomorrow because I have to work Wednesday which is the scheduled game 7 :( If I miss the Stanley Cup celebration for work I'll die!

Okay, Queen, I'm all caught up. I love that Jasmine now wants to be called by her real name. :lmao::lmao::lmao: I think I'll stick with Jasmine since I'm so used to it. ;)
I hear ya girl...you call her whatever you like:lmao:
Great departure day (love the new airport); poor Jeff and Jasmine...I'm sure that had to be hard to be away so long.
I left her alone for about half an hour until she stopped crying and then I didn't bring it up. We just pretended like it never happened!
Glad you were happy with your room location at POP (towel animals are hit and miss). So happy you went to back to Raglan Road and had another good meal.
This was our first "miss" of a towel animal...but we got over it:goodvibes
There's nothing better than the perfect room location!
So bummed that there's no pictures of Raglan Road! That's the ADR I'm most excited about. Never been but I keep seeing these computer-lickin good pictures of the food. How were the ribs?

And I'm definitely going for LA. I LOATHE the Devils. And hopefully they win tomorrow because I have to work Wednesday which is the scheduled game 7 :( If I miss the Stanley Cup celebration for work I'll die!
Shanleigh LOVED the ribs (did I mention they were the appetizer ones) but she couldn't finish them...I think she ate maybe 3:confused3

We will watch the game only because it's the final and we're sorta cheering for New Jersey....Zajac is from here so that's the only reason :lmao:

Following along
Glad to have you along:woohoo:
Another Peg city girl checking in! I've been looking for your trip report!
Love the new airport as well...looks nice and modern but still small enough for Winnipeg.
I knew you would be here:goodvibes Isn't it beautiful, I was really impressed! Wish I had another trip planned just to go back to the airport:lmao:
I check into TSC last weekend to see what the Heys showstopper was going to be (after you gave us a heads up on your PTR). OMG! It was a gorgeous set of luggage. I sooooo wanted to buy it...but the colours were really girly (black luggage with a big beautiful bold colured butterfly). But I soooo don't travel enough to justify buying a set DH won't use as well.
Hoping the next time Heys is on TSC they'll have more gender neutral colours. I'll want to pick up some of those packing cubes as well. They look really neat. Were you able to hold all of your clothes in them?
I saw that luggage! My sister ended up buying a 26" and a carry on at Costco that was Hey's the same weekend in a beautiful purple! I had to borrow a set too from my sister because my eight piece set wasn't quite enough, so I used the green for me and the pink for Shanleigh!
Can't wait to read more!
Hazel

Its like calling MGM Disney's hollywood studios. Just have a hard time doing it. But beautiful name for your daughter Queen....Jac..sigh whatever. lol
Love the start of the new report. yay:banana:

In as always...

KIM

Yay, you're here! I completely get it...I still call it MGM:lmao: Call us whatever you are comfortable with. I know when we had a dismeet in Sept of 2010 with Maryaz and her girls they called her Jasmine because that's what they knew her as so in Disney, she responds to both:lmao:

All caught up and I've got some comments...

Good morning everyone! We have been home for a week and things are pretty settled here so I thought I had better get this TR started!

:cool1:

my daughter and I were having a conversation about the beginning of this TR and she thinks at 19 that I can and should be using her real name now:confused3 You all know her as Jasmine here on the boards but her real name is Shanleigh...so feel free to use either!

I don't know if at this point I can refer to herself as anything other than Jasmine.

Besides, how do I know if Shanleigh is really her name? She wasn't at our Dismeet so there's really no way to know, is there!

I decided to take Friday May 18 off of work to finish all last minute packing things and for Shanleigh and I to have our manicures and pedicures nice and fresh for the trip. This is a tradition for us whenever we go to Disney and something we both look forward to!!

I remember that. Nice way to start a vacay.

Starbucks for Shan and Timmies for me!

I don't drink coffee so I'm always a little surprised when people will only drink it from one place.

Shan jumped out and ran in to grab my coffee

That's the only reason we had kids, right? To fetch and carry for us.

we headed to our favourite little spot for lunch!

I'm gonna guess.... Saucers?

Now look closely at this picture.....can you believe that Carrie is almost eight months pregnant...she looks amazing!!!

She does! I didn't even notice until you said so... and even then I had to look twice.

You see, a year ago, our new airport opened so it would be our first time here!

I feel Jeff's pain. I had to drive my folks there at the beginning of April and I made a dry run first, too. :laughing:

The week before one of the transformers down the road from us blew (scared the begebes out of us) so we thought doing last minutes things by candlelight probably not the best idea!

Candles on dates: romantic. Candles while trying to pack: not so much.

For 3 am we actually look pretty alert dont we

Actually... yes.

I left them to have their final moments together and when my darling came into the airport the tears were streaming down her face.

Awww... poor (I'm gonna try this) Shan (Wow. That felt... strange).

Ah, young love. Now, when I tell Ruby that I'm going to be away for a week on business, she's like, "Great!"

Nothing like feeling wanted! :rotfl:

well, clearly at 345am I am not at my best and couldnt figure out how our passports went in.

Don't feel bad. I couldn't figure it out either... and nobody else that I saw could either.

I glanced up at the clock and it was 610am.....wait a minute, we were supposed to depart at 615am, why aren't we boarding!!

Oh, that lovely little sinking feeling... :sad2:

it turned out they thought their report time was 615 not departure time!

At this point I'd be thinking, "So are they just going to rush through the pre-flight now? Or even skip it?" :scared:

The Antanov (sp?) sitting on the runway and Shanleigh got this pic as we were speeding down the runway! That monster shakes our whole house when it takes off, but what an amazing bird it is!!!

True. And the picture might not do it justice. It is one of the largest aircraft in the world.

we weren`t in a hurray to get off the plane or to get to our next gate.

I know it's a typo... but I thought it probably reflected how you were feeling to be going back to WDW! :lmao:

As we were getting off the plane we must have had that - we know where we are going and what we are doing look because a young couple thought we were from there and could we help them get to ME because it was their first trip...so sweet. They walked with us and we wished each other well and we were off to Pop before we knew it

Just curious... which resort were they going to?

Finally the sign we waited to see since our last trip.........

Yay! You're there! I'm off to comment on the next chapter

We were so excited to be on the ME bus that we were just taking everything in....everyone was so excited and you knew that it was a first visit for all the people around us. Sure did put a smile on our faces.

And yet, the second time you take ME, you tend not to smile. Odd. :rolleyes1

We were to make one stop before hitting Pop

You're a poet and didn't know it.

Remember the brain thing, yup, no pics of check in, the lobby, the store ... nothing nadda.....:confused:

All right, Queen... time to give Shan her own camera... :laughing:

Because we had absolutely no clue where we were going ... we ended up going the wrong way:lmao:

Of course you did. That's one of those truisms... like when you drop buttered toast.

I loved how close it was to the pool! If we entered behing good 'ol Roger, and walked up the three flights of stairs, turned right, then first left, our room was right there. We were in heaven with location. So far Pop was looking pretty good!

Score! on the room. :thumbsup2

Shanleigh took this for Jeff....Jeff is a gamer! World of War Craft and all those high tech games that frankly just scare me and she thought he would enjoy seeing Pacman on our building:rolleyes1 Ok dear...if you think that go right ahead and grab that pic for him!

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he's never even played pacman before. :laughing:

Walkman.....what's that mom:scared1: Seriously, really??? You don't know what a walkman is! Her reply, well didn't I have one or something like it when I was little that used to be yours.....yes dear you did;)

... and thanks for making me feel old. ;)

Being in the eighties section sure did bring back the good times of my teen/early twenties..it was fabulous!

teen/early twenties? That's a typo, right? You meant to say, "early childhood". Right?

As you can clearly see, I forgot to take a picture of our room before we both had a rest but you get the jist I'm sure!

Ugh! How disgusting. Beds that are not pristine! A mug on the bedside table!
I'm sorry, but I just can't take it.

:rolleyes1

I was sick about this and still am! It was the only time we saw her and I don't have one stinking picture!

Bad Queen... Bad!

I always love that first bus ride

Funny... I never really thought of that. But now that you mention it, that first bus ride is pretty special, isn't it?

After not sleeping at all the night before I didn`t think alcohol was a good idea so I had a san pellegrino instead!:rotfl2:

Or maybe alcohol would've been a really good idea.

Just a thought.

It was a great arrival day and I wouldn`t have changed a thing about it!!!

Up next......EPCOT:goodvibes

Glad you had such a great first day. Can't wait for the next update! :goodvibes

I'm here!! Loving your TR so far of course. :goodvibes

I'll be back to comment more after I've caught up with day 2. I'm already jealous and wishing for another trip of my own! ;)

Have a great week!
:hug: Carla

I'm new here! I loved reading your past trip reports and I have to say..your an inspiration to me because I fell in love with Disney Last year when my family & I went. Were going to try to make it a yearly thing!! You and your daughter always look like your having a blast.

Yeah, you started :banana:

The new airport looks very nice, and I also noticed the Jets sign!

Glad the flights were smooth, I seem to remember that you both can get nervous about flying.

RR sounds great as always, I do need to work that in to a future trip.

We'll just blame the lack of pics on a long travel day, I'm sure there will be lots from the rest of the trip :goodvibes

Looking forward to your first day in the parks :)

I came across your last TR at the end and read the entire thing. It was actually the first TR that I have ever read. I loved it! :love:

I loved Jeff, your posts were so funny when it came to him. I am a little sad he won't be in this TR, but I can't wait to see WDW through the eyes of mother and daughter.

Jasmine (or Shanleigh as she now prefers) is absolutely beautiful, between her smile and Jeff's antics I was hooked from the beginning.

I can't wait to read more, I wish someday me and my DD can go on a mother/daughter trip. But then I would have to do a mother/son trip as well. :laughing:

Pop is so cute, staying in the 80's section looks like so much fun! :banana: I had that yellow walkman when I was a kid! Those yellow ones were the coolest! :rotfl2:

Just stumbled upon your report and got caught up. You are doing another wonderful job of bringing your trip to life for us. It feels like we snuck into your suitcase (in our own packing cube, of course) and were stowaways on your vacation. :)

YAY for finally arriving at POP! I hear you about forgetting to take so many pictures. I don't know where my brain is sometimes. I get to Disney, and I just go a little crazy with excitement! :)

Wow. I have been so confused, wondering who Shanleigh was. It wasn't until I saw a few of these comments that I realized I missed the first few lines of your TR. :laughing: I knew I missed something, but didn't realize it was that! I have a feeling she'll always be "Jasmine" to me, too. My oldest still recognizes her pics as "the Jasmine that isn't the cartoon one" when he saw your TR open earlier. ;)

You're in my favorite part of Pop! :thumbsup2 Too bad about the Mickey, but I've never noticed one of those in all our Pop stays either. :confused3

Fun start!

-I'm In!!!! Can't wait for another Queen and Jas TR!
-I love the Mani/Pedi tradition!
-I'm always early too! I hate being late to anything!
-Wow! She looks great for being 8 months preggo!
-It is so much fun to shop for a little girl!
-Your suitcases are so colorful inside!
-Awww! Poor Jas :( I completely understand how Jas feels! I haven't seen my bf Matt in a month :( I'm missing him like crazy! Move out day in my dorm was a similar situation :( I cried like a baby!
-What a pretty airport!
-WHAT! The crew is missing?!?!?!?! Crazyness!
-Glad you finally got there! It sucks you had to take the ugly yellow bus though!
-Sounds like my boyfriend Matt! He's into World of Warcraft too!
-I never had a walkman! I remember seeing them, but never had one!
-Your room is cute! I cannot wait to stay at POP!

All caught up and I've got some comments...

You....you have comments...I'm speechless:lmao:
:cool1:

I don't know if at this point I can refer to herself as anything other than Jasmine.

Besides, how do I know if Shanleigh is really her name? She wasn't at our Dismeet so there's really no way to know, is there!

I completely understand....and you're right, she wasn't there so she really could be anyone...what else can I call her.....

I remember that. Nice way to start a vacay.

If there ever comes a day where I don't have the day off before we leave for this tradition I don't know what I would do

I don't drink coffee so I'm always a little surprised when people will only drink it from one place.

Well, it's more because on this particular morning for whatever reason it didn't dawn on me just to grab a coffee here because I stop every morning at TIm's.....see, I had already lost my mind and we weren't even on the plane yet

That's the only reason we had kids, right? To fetch and carry for us.

That' what the manual says....I told her when her auntie and I were little we were also the remote control for our dad:rotfl2:

I'm gonna guess.... Saucers?

You know me too well....have you been? I had the pulled bison on a bun...oh.my.goodness....I only ate half and took the other half home for dinner....guess who ate it when they got in from work:

She does! I didn't even notice until you said so... and even then I had to look twice.

I know! I said we need at least one picture where she actually looks pregnant!

I feel Jeff's pain. I had to drive my folks there at the beginning of April and I made a dry run first, too.

He appreciates that you had his back here

Candles on dates: romantic. Candles while trying to pack: not so much.

Thank goodness we didn/t have to use them

Actually... yes.

Awww... poor (I'm gonna try this) Shan (Wow. That felt... strange).

Ah, young love. Now, when I tell Ruby that I'm going to be away for a week on business, she's like, "Great!"

Nothing like feeling wanted!

Isn/t that the truth!:lmao: Kinda like when I am so excited to have the whole house to myself and she asks....arent you going to miss me.....

Don't feel bad. I couldn't figure it out either... and nobody else that I saw could either.

Oh good, I hate when it is just me

Oh, that lovely little sinking feeling... :sad2:

Almost verges on barfy

At this point I'd be thinking, "So are they just going to rush through the pre-flight now? Or even skip it?" :scared:

I hadnt thought of that....I was more concerned with them being hungover (thats where my mind went) but next time, if there is a next time, I am going to worry about that now!

True. And the picture might not do it justice. It is one of the largest aircraft in the world.

We watched an episode of MIghty Planes when it was on and I was blown away!

I know it's a typo... but I thought it probably reflected how you were feeling to be going back to WDW! :lmao:

....just bad spelling if I am to be honest.....LOL

Just curious... which resort were they going to?

A deluxe....but can I remember which one....nope not a clue right now!

Yay! You're there! I'm off to comment on the next chapter

And yet, the second time you take ME, you tend not to smile. Odd.

the second ride looks more like this.......:sad1:(me) :sad1: (Shan)

You're a poet and didn't know it.

as are you LOL

All right, Queen... time to give Shan her own camera...

her birthday is in October, that would be a great gift !!!

Of course you did. That's one of those truisms... like when you drop buttered toast.

:lmao:

Score! on the room. :thumbsup2

:woohoo:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he's never even played pacman before. :laughing:

You/re limb would be correct!

... and thanks for making me feel old. ;)

Exactly....he is gonna get a cuff in the head one of these days!

teen/early twenties? That's a typo, right? You meant to say, "early childhood". Right?

See....this is why you are my favorite hand down, no questions at all!

Ugh! How disgusting. Beds that are not pristine! A mug on the bedside table!
I'm sorry, but I just can't take it.

:rolleyes1

Shans fault...blame her

Bad Queen... Bad!

Exactly....bad is an understatement

Funny... I never really thought of that. But now that you mention it, that first bus ride is pretty special, isn't it?

I love when you start to drive away and they say Welcome aboard..blah blah blah....I just love that!

Or maybe alcohol would've been a really good idea.

Just a thought.

and a good one at that

Glad you had such a great first day. Can't wait for the next update! :goodvibes
Thank you!
I'm here!! Loving your TR so far of course. :goodvibes

I'll be back to comment more after I've caught up with day 2. I'm already jealous and wishing for another trip of my own! ;)

Have a great week!
:hug: Carla

Hi Carla:goodvibes

I know exactly how you feel, same thing happens to us! Hope all is well with everyone!

I'm new here! I loved reading your past trip reports and I have to say..your an inspiration to me because I fell in love with Disney Last year when my family & I went. Were going to try to make it a yearly thing!! You and your daughter always look like your having a blast.
Awww thank you so much, that is so sweet of you to say such kind things! I have found that I would rather give up some things at home than miss a vacation....we work far too hard not to enjoy ourselves! I hope you can make it work!!! Thanks again for reading along!
Yeah, you started :banana:

The new airport looks very nice, and I also noticed the Jets sign!

Glad the flights were smooth, I seem to remember that you both can get nervous about flying.

RR sounds great as always, I do need to work that in to a future trip.

We'll just blame the lack of pics on a long travel day, I'm sure there will be lots from the rest of the trip :goodvibes

Looking forward to your first day in the parks :)

Hi Lara:goodvibes

Ya gotta love the Jets sign don't ya!!

You got that right girl I was a nervous wreck getting on those planes....

I have lots of pics to share that is for sure!!!

I came across your last TR at the end and read the entire thing. It was actually the first TR that I have ever read. I loved it! :love:

I loved Jeff, your posts were so funny when it came to him. I am a little sad he won't be in this TR, but I can't wait to see WDW through the eyes of mother and daughter.

Jasmine (or Shanleigh as she now prefers) is absolutely beautiful, between her smile and Jeff's antics I was hooked from the beginning.

I can't wait to read more, I wish someday me and my DD can go on a mother/daughter trip. But then I would have to do a mother/son trip as well. :laughing:
Well what a compliment that is...I am very happy that you enjoyed it! Thank you so much!

He is a laugh a minute that kid and let me tell you we MISSED him on this trip! I don't think he'll be staying here on any future trips that's for sure!

Shanleigh said thank you for such a beautiful compliment to her! She also laughed about using the word antics because that is the word we use around here!

Two trips one with each child sounds pretty good to me :goodvibes Thank you again for following along!

Pop is so cute, staying in the 80's section looks like so much fun! :banana: I had that yellow walkman when I was a kid! Those yellow ones were the coolest! :rotfl2:
It is cute and fun! I had the yellow one too and I thought I was all that...let me tell you! Shanleigh just rolled her eyes when I told her that story! I said wait until you tell your kids you had a nano and we will see who is laughing then:lmao:
Just stumbled upon your report and got caught up. You are doing another wonderful job of bringing your trip to life for us. It feels like we snuck into your suitcase (in our own packing cube, of course) and were stowaways on your vacation. :)
I am so glad you stumbled our way!....and thank you so much! I truly enjoy writing them and reliving all our wonderful moments and memories!
YAY for finally arriving at POP! I hear you about forgetting to take so many pictures. I don't know where my brain is sometimes. I get to Disney, and I just go a little crazy with excitement! :)
Glad I am not alone here! I always think after the fact ... how could I have forgotten this or that....but I always manage to!
Wow. I have been so confused, wondering who Shanleigh was. It wasn't until I saw a few of these comments that I realized I missed the first few lines of your TR. :laughing: I knew I missed something, but didn't realize it was that! I have a feeling she'll always be "Jasmine" to me, too. My oldest still recognizes her pics as "the Jasmine that isn't the cartoon one" when he saw your TR open earlier. ;)

You're in my favorite part of Pop! :thumbsup2 Too bad about the Mickey, but I've never noticed one of those in all our Pop stays either. :confused3

Fun start!
Sorry for the confusion;) How cute that is how he remembers her....what a doll!

I really enjoyed that section of Pop and would absolutely request it if we ever stay there again!

-I'm In!!!! Can't wait for another Queen and Jas TR!
-I love the Mani/Pedi tradition!
-I'm always early too! I hate being late to anything!
-Wow! She looks great for being 8 months preggo!
-It is so much fun to shop for a little girl!
-Your suitcases are so colorful inside!
-Awww! Poor Jas :( I completely understand how Jas feels! I haven't seen my bf Matt in a month :( I'm missing him like crazy! Move out day in my dorm was a similar situation :( I cried like a baby!
-What a pretty airport!
-WHAT! The crew is missing?!?!?!?! Crazyness!
-Glad you finally got there! It sucks you had to take the ugly yellow bus though!
-Sounds like my boyfriend Matt! He's into World of Warcraft too!
-I never had a walkman! I remember seeing them, but never had one!
-Your room is cute! I cannot wait to stay at POP!

Hi hon! Doesnt she look amazing....she had had an amazing pregnancy and both Shan and I cannot wait for this baby to come!

Missing boyfriends is never fun....but going to Disney has a way of making you get over it pretty quickly LOL

Hi, Jacquie!! Great start! I love the airport pictures -- it looks so clean and new!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter