It's a Stroller Sir, not a Battering Ram!!! NEW PTR LINK POSTED

Ack!! Now why did you have to go and post about sushi?! I have wanted sushi the past 2 weeks and don't know a good place to get any around here. Sigh. Your meals looked fabulous!! And good job working your way through the carrot cake, another favorite of mine, haha.

Hope your Dad had a wonderful birthday today and that you all enjoyed the celebration dinner.

Glad to hear that you had another great dinner! WPC was on the list for our next trip, but I bounced it in favor of Fultons. It goes on the list for next year. Too many great choices!

I'm sad that the TR is winding down, but you know I'm on board for the PTR! :goodvibes

Oh I can't wait to hear about your meal at Fulton's...we haven't been there in years!

My PTR wouldn't be the same without you along:hug:

Ack!! Now why did you have to go and post about sushi?! I have wanted sushi the past 2 weeks and don't know a good place to get any around here. Sigh. Your meals looked fabulous!! And good job working your way through the carrot cake, another favorite of mine, haha.

Hope your Dad had a wonderful birthday today and that you all enjoyed the celebration dinner.

LOL...oops sorry about that! We have a great little place right down the street from us....and I know there are direct flights from Chicago to Winnipeg...just saying:goodvibes

We had the best dinner with my dad! My girlfriend and her hubby own a bistro here in the city and it's the best food ever....it's one of our favourites! Thank you so much!

We were thinking of you guys all week and hope you had a great time...please let us know when you've started your TR!!!!!

It was a great cruise and we have one more day here in sunny Florida. The cruises days were a bit on the cool side but that last few have been good.

I will let you know when I start a report.

It was a great cruise and we have one more day here in sunny Florida. The cruises days were a bit on the cool side but that last few have been good.

I will let you know when I start a report.

Well it's sunny here too, however, I can barely see across the road because of the snowbanks:lmao: Have a safe trip home!

I'm sad as always to see your TR winding down:sad:

But so happy for you guys that another trip is in the works!

Can't wait to follow along on the new PTR :goodvibes

Ahhh...direct flight! Don't tempt me!! :)

Glad you had a nice dinner with your dad. Have a great week!

I'm sad as always to see your TR winding down:sad:

But so happy for you guys that another trip is in the works!

Can't wait to follow along on the new PTR :goodvibes

I'm pretty happy too! It always helps when there is another trip to plan that's for sure! Glad you will be around for the new one:goodvibes

Ahhh...direct flight! Don't tempt me!! :)

Glad you had a nice dinner with your dad. Have a great week!

Hey, you never know when you might just want a long weekend away:confused3 Our spare room is ready and waiting!

You too hon and thanks!

LoL I'm still here following along! Had to laugh at your response that you have a spare room anytime for out of towners!! Shame on us! Lol we live in the same town and procrastinate about getting together!! Lol lets pick a date and get together!!! Do you have coverage for massage therapy through your work? Lets plan a day to go to ten spa or river stone and lunch !! And enjoy a Saturday !!
In meantime I'm enjoying trip report!!! And thinking of planning our own trip next December too!

Debbie:flower3:

P.S: that's so nice of you to open your home to out of town friends . I didn't mean to sound rude about that!! Lol
I'll message you and we can work out details to get together!!!

I'm so glad you both enjoyed your meals!! Sounds like you had some great service to go along with it. :thumbsup2
Wow, we're up to the last day?? :(! But I can't wait to hear the plans for the next one!

I love the macademia crusted chicken here and Shanleigh is a sucker for any pasta and we all know the ravioli here is to die for!

So we didn't eat any of it!!!

:lmao: Sorry, I just thought that was funny.

Then again, whenever Ruby and I go to the Keg, we always (and this is going back for more than 25 years now) order the escargot.

I hear there's other appetizers there that are really good.... I may never know. :rotfl:

748_zps06fdf59b.jpg

Me and my girl having an amazing evening!

Any particular reason why you didn't call your TR "Two hot chicks take on Disney"?

Just wonderin'.

My favourite is the carrot cake, but this time it had changed. It was good, but not as good as I remember! I wasn't in love with the multiple layers ... I liked the two layers with cream cheese in between. Don't worry tho, I had a great cup of coffee with it and I did manage to scarf it down!:rotfl2:

That's good. Wouldn't want carrot cake to go to waist.

Whoops! Waste! I meant waste!

Now I know why Ruby liked you so much.... her fave dessert is carrot cake too. Where's the best one in the Peg for you? Baked Expectations? Or somewhere else?

We went back to the hotel and reminenced about our last two weeks as the next day would be our last in the World for 2012.

Boo!

We were both super excited because we were having a Dis-meet and I couldn't wait! Now I can't wait to tell you all about it. I promise I will have another post up this weekend so I can finish this one and start the PTR!!!

Looking forward to hearing about the Dis-meet. Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes:

My girlfriend and her hubby own a bistro here in the city and it's the best food ever....it's one of our favourites!

Well geez! Give her a plug. What's it called?

BTW. Don't know if you sent it, but I never got your PM.

Awww :) thank you!

;)
LoL I'm still here following along! Had to laugh at your response that you have a spare room anytime for out of towners!! Shame on us! Lol we live in the same town and procrastinate about getting together!! Lol lets pick a date and get together!!! Do you have coverage for massage therapy through your work? Lets plan a day to go to ten spa or river stone and lunch !! And enjoy a Saturday !!
In meantime I'm enjoying trip report!!! And thinking of planning our own trip next December too!

Debbie:flower3:

P.S: that's so nice of you to open your home to out of town friends . I didn't mean to sound rude about that!! Lol
I'll message you and we can work out details to get together!!!

I love both, but I prefer the Tens Spa but who am I kidding RIverstone is pretty amazing as well! Let's pick a date in late spring so our tootsie's are ready for summer! Then maybe Pizzeria Gusto for lunch! Let me know what you think!

I'm so glad you both enjoyed your meals!! Sounds like you had some great service to go along with it. :thumbsup2
Wow, we're up to the last day?? :(! But I can't wait to hear the plans for the next one!

We sure did it was another great evening! It would take a really big thing not to have me enjoy a day/evening at WDW...what's not to love:)

I can't believe it either but I can't wait to start the PTR and I'm glad you'll stick around for that one too:flower3:

So we didn't eat any of it!!!

:lmao: Sorry, I just thought that was funny.

Then again, whenever Ruby and I go to the Keg, we always (and this is going back for more than 25 years now) order the escargot.
LOVE the escargot at The Keg! I have discovered that the baked garlic shrimp is to die for too! One of my girlfriends and I met there for dinner on Thursday and I tried the blue cheese filet for the first time.....that is my new favourite meal!! Could have cut that steak with my fork!

I hear there's other appetizers there that are really good.... I may never know. :rotfl:

Side note here from my daughter, her favourite appetizer is the goat cheese and brushetta!

Any particular reason why you didn't call your TR "Two hot chicks take on Disney"?

Just wonderin'.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Well, that would be lying...I could have called it one hot chick and her 'ol mama tho;)

That's good. Wouldn't want carrot cake to go to waist.

Whoops! Waste! I meant waste!

Now I know why Ruby liked you so much.... her fave dessert is carrot cake too. Where's the best one in the Peg for you? Baked Expectations? Or somewhere else?

It seems we're constantly finding similar things that we all enjoy....I like it! Yes, Baked Expectations is delicious, however, High Tea Bakery makes a mean carrot cake, but you can only buy the whole cake....and that's never good for the waist:lmao:

Boo!

:sad:

Looking forward to hearing about the Dis-meet. Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes:

Thanks!

Well geez! Give her a plug. What's it called?

BTW. Don't know if you sent it, but I never got your PM.

Bistro Dansk on Sherbrooke....you will not be disappointed, unless you don't make a reservation...cause then you won't get in. They were featured on You Gotta Eat Here on the Food Network and they were busy before that, now a reservation is a must! Glad I got the in there and one quick call to her and we're in!

That's cause I'm old and I forgot to send it .... as soon as I do my next update I will send it right when I'm done!

Well...here it is, our last evening in WDW for 2012! Considering it has almost been a year since we went I really should be wrapping this thing up! Our original plan for this day/evening was Epcot! We had a 6pm ADR for Teppan Edo but cancelled it when we found out our dear friends would be able to leave a day earlier and meet us! I can eat anywhere but I can only see my friends when our schedules permit!!!

We headed out to Epcot and once again it was raining and quite cool but I didn't care....I had waited for this day for years and not rain, cold or anything was going to dampen my spirits!

Shanleigh and I wandered around Epcot and decided to try Rose and Crown at 3pm for a bite and we got right in. THe nicest part was, first the first time in a long time, we ate inside! The waitress asked if we were in a rush and we said no so we had a drink, then our meal opted out of dessert and then headed down to the boat to The Boardwalk to meet our friends!

754_zps9898bb53.jpg

Our arrival at The Boardwalk...as you can see someone still has her poncho on! I guess it's time to tell you a little about who we were meeting up with. On here, she is known as leamom2princesses but I know her as Leanne! She is one of the very first people I met here on the boards and we just clicked. She is one of those people I feel like I've know my whole life and I was bursting with excitement. Shanleigh let me know they were on their way as her and Leanne had been texting most of the day!

There they were!!! I couldn't believe my eyes and it take everything not to burst into tears...happy tears, but any kinda tears don't make for good pics! Leanne, her hubby Joe and youngest daughter Josie were here! We chatted and chatted and then remembered to take some pictures!
755_zpsd0ab29d6.jpg

Oops I got carried away there, while waiting I took this...the flowers are so beautiful at all the deluxe resorts!
756_zps2de4acdc.jpg

I wonder if we'll ever use this check in desk
757_zps8abb21ab.jpg

Shanleigh and Josie....one of my favourite pics from the trip....this was many years in the making!
758_zps23021a85.jpg

Shanleigh took this one for us!
759_zpsefadf07e.jpg

Then Joe said he would take one of us girls. I love this shot, as a matter of fact, a copy of it is one my fridge!

With the photo's out of the way we could just visit but I knew they had travelled all day and must be exhausted but nope, we all went shopping and I couldn't have been happier walking around The Boardwalk with them! We were having such a great time and visit that the time just flew by and Shanleigh and I were being picked up by ME at 4am so before we knew it, we were saying goodbye!

All I could think of was how much Iwished we could have spent longer with them. We all decided one year that Shanleigh and I would head to their neck of the woods and have a vacation there!

As we left them, Shanleigh turned to me when we got on the boat and said "I loved them...I feel like I could absolutely vacation with them and have a ball". I was done, Shanleigh takes a while to warm up to people and she is quite shy so this did my heart good! They are the sweetest people who you are just comfortable with and I can't wait to see them again!

760_zps0d24c3d9.jpg

Shanleigh decided to grab this shot
761_zps6800567d.jpg

and this one as Jeff really wants to stay here one of these trips!

Our last boat ride, then our last Disney bus ride. I will have one more post of our departure day and then post the link for the new trip report!!!!!

I've always wanted to try Rose and Crown. :thumbsup2
What a great Dismeet! You guys all got some nice pictures together.
Boardwalk... what a gorgeous place! Some day I'd like to use those check in desks too.

I was just looking at the menu for Rose and Crown a few minutes ago because I've wanted to go inside there and never have! It's a must do for me. Three summers spent in London, and I miss it. This is probably the closest I'll get for a while since I have small kids now!

So nice to meet up with Dis friends! I've only met one in person, but I do have one other one I'll be meeting up with A LOT on our next trip. I've never met her in person, but she's already one of my best friends, if that's possible!:goodvibes

Always so sad when a trip is wrapping up :(.

Aww, what a great meet! Great pictures of all of you.

Leanne, Josie is adorable! :goodvibes

What a great meet!! I'm so glad you got a chance to meet up with your friend. And I love that your baby girl wasn't put off by it, I hope y'all get a chance to vaca together in the near future.

Can't wait to read your last post and then start reading your PTR!! :goodvibes

Wow, thank you for sharing your DIS meet.
It's really quite amazing the connections that I've seen made on this little board. :grouphug:

What a nice DISmeet!

Sad to see your TR wrapping up but happily awaiting the arrival of your next PTR :)

Oh my word. Blue cheese filet. Drooling here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter