It's a Stroller Sir, not a Battering Ram!!! NEW PTR LINK POSTED

First of all - yeah!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: Update!

Second - congrats on a December trip! :cheer2: That's awesome and not too terribly far away! You will love the Christmas decorations!

Third - I love that you decided to check out the AoA pool and then snuck on in that open gate! Score! Perfect timing! I agree that the resort is pretty amazing and I really would like to stay there sometime. It's definitely on my bucket list! :thumbsup2

Hi Queen. I only just recently (finally) joined the DIS after years of lurker-dom. So I'm trying to make up for lost time by telling you how much I enjoy your TR's. You're photos are beautiful. It doesn't hurt that you're a fellow Canuck either. :cool1:
You'll love a Disney December. It's truly a sight to behold.

It was something to be there on opening day....to see everything brand new, I don't even know how to put it into words...it was unbelievable! Keeping my fingers crossed that you make it over there!!! Have you got a PTR going??

Yes I do! Here it is if you're interested. :)

Good Sunday morning everyone! I just realized it's almost a month since I posted and I was sure real life would slow down, but I was wrong! Oh well, I think everyone is in the same boat and one time or another!

I hear ya! I'm hoping it'll slow down... next year!

We woke this morning with full intentions of laying by our pool until mid afternoon and then heading to a park. We got up, dressed and headed down only to find out that our pool was closed for maintenance.

Which turned out to be a blessing in disguise, didn't it.

So much to see and so bright! Disney sure did it right, we were both blown away!

So I just shoveled snow twice today... and I'll have to do it again.... and there's all these nice pool pics....

You're evil, Queen... You're the Evil Queen!!!

Splash pad and I couldn't help but let my mind to wander to a time when I could bring my grandchildren here in the future! Temporary moment of insanity is now what I believe it was!

And when I posted about having a photo for Shan's marriage, you almost passed out.... and now this?? :lmao:

Cars section that was not yet opened but we thought it was exactly like the movie, like you walked through the screen and you were a part of it!

It really does look like it. Impressive.

Shan insists this is the area we're going to stay in on one of our future trips and really, who am I to argue:thumbsup2

You should always let the kids have a say... especially if it's what you really want to do anyway.

:rolleyes:

The best thing about this pool...when you go underwater you can here the music...it was so neat!!!

I had heard that... umm... no pun intended. So you can't hear it at all above water?

It was now time for mama to visit the Drop Zone for a little pina colada....I couldn't visit a new resort and not try my favourite drink now could I?

Of course not. There are some things in life that are just. not. done.

It was now time to check out the inside of AoA....I love this light!

That's pretty cool with all the animation cells.

The mom was feeling bad because the things they were calling out to bring out she hadn't brought down to the pool so we started giving them our sunscreen, a towel with a character, sunglasses etc

:laughing: Sounds like fun!

One more shot before we headed back to Pop Century.

One more shot? Was it another pina colada?

I am so happy we took the morning and part of the afternoon to visit AoA...it is spectacular to say the least!

Thanks for all the pics... even if they almost sent me over the edge (evil, Queen... evil), and thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Oh, I LOVE this update! We're booked in a Nemo room at AoA for our next trip, so I am so happy to hear that you ladies enjoyed it! I can't wait!

And what a relaxing day! So cool to be there on opening day!!:goodvibes

That makes me so happy! I can't wait to hear what you think about the resort and pics of the rooms....when exactly is this trip:goodvibes

It was pretty neat and everyone was so happy!

How cool that you were there on opening day! What a great looking resort. The Cars section is the one that impresses me most-it does look like you're walking through Radiator Springs!

How fun to hang at the new resort-a great idea for your pool day!

Maybe one of these years we'll both be in Radiator Springs at the same time;)

Best pool day ever!

I love how colourful AOA is! And the fact they have the music underwater is so fantastic!

Exploring other resorts is such a great way to spend a day!

Funny story about the music underwater....my sister had told me this but of course I completely forgot. I sent her a text once we were situated in our spot for the day and she reminded us then. We both ran into the water to check it out!

That is really cool that you were able to visit AoA on opening day and try out the pool! We can't wait to visit there on our October trip. :goodvibes

Oh I can't wait to read that TR!!! There will be a TR right?popcorn::

First of all - yeah!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: Update!

Second - congrats on a December trip! :cheer2: That's awesome and not too terribly far away! You will love the Christmas decorations!

Third - I love that you decided to check out the AoA pool and then snuck on in that open gate! Score! Perfect timing! I agree that the resort is pretty amazing and I really would like to stay there sometime. It's definitely on my bucket list! :thumbsup2

Thanks Girl!! I am so excited about our December trip and having all this time to plan is pure heaven for me! I may have changed the plans just a few times so far:woohoo:

I love the pool at AKL but this one was so beautiful and new and bright....spectacular!

Hi Queen. I only just recently (finally) joined the DIS after years of lurker-dom. So I'm trying to make up for lost time by telling you how much I enjoy your TR's. You're photos are beautiful. It doesn't hurt that you're a fellow Canuck either. :cool1:
You'll love a Disney December. It's truly a sight to behold.

I am so happy you finally joined up and popped in to say hello!Thank you so much for the kind words, I do enjoy writing them as much as I enjoy the actual trip :rotfl: Not only am I a fellow Canuck, I too am originally from the maritimes, New Brunswick!!!!

I can't wait to get back there in December! Haven't been at that time of year since 2005 so it's way overdue! Can't wait to see the castle with all the lights:love:

Yes I do! Here it is if you're interested. :)

YAY...I know what I'm doing tonight ....in between periods of course because my Jet's are playing tonight! Thanks so much for the link!

I hear ya! I'm hoping it'll slow down... next year!

Here's hoping!

Which turned out to be a blessing in disguise, didn't it.

It sure was!

So I just shoveled snow twice today... and I'll have to do it again.... and there's all these nice pool pics....

You're evil, Queen... You're the Evil Queen!!!

Wasn't that brutal! I shovelled when I got home from work (Shan had already shovelled once) then we had to go out again about 10 .... so ready for this winter to be over!

And when I posted about having a photo for Shan's marriage, you almost passed out.... and now this?? :lmao:

See what you started?::yes::

It really does look like it. Impressive.

:)

You should always let the kids have a say... especially if it's what you really want to do anyway.

:rolleyes:

We are trained that way aren't we....devious little creatures they are!

I had heard that... umm... no pun intended. So you can't hear it at all above water?

You sure can...the reason I remember, my darling daughter kept reminding me that I was singing out loud and others could hear me:(

Of course not. There are some things in life that are just. not. done.

Exactly!

That's pretty cool with all the animation cells.

Attention to detail, love that!

:laughing: Sounds like fun!

It was!

One more shot? Was it another pina colada?

Maybe....:confused3

Thanks for all the pics... even if they almost sent me over the edge (evil, Queen... evil), and thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Just think, before too long you'll have your pool open and this winter will be a distant memory...ya buying that...hello, no?

What a fun day! I have to be honest. When I first starting seeing pictures of AOA, I was underwhelmed. But they are growing on me more and more, and your pictures are just great. I've been a Disney fan my whole life and it still blows me away the attention to detail.

I can't wait to read your PTR, too. I may have already told you this, but our family will be there from Dec 7-14. So excited!

Just think, before too long you'll have your pool open and this winter will be a distant memory...ya buying that...hello, no?

It's just about the only thing that's keeping me going right now! That and having you guys over again when it's up and running. :goodvibes

Of course! The next best thing to taking a WDW trip is reliving it in the TR afterwards, right?! :goodvibes

YAY! You got that right:goodvibes

What a fun day! I have to be honest. When I first starting seeing pictures of AOA, I was underwhelmed. But they are growing on me more and more, and your pictures are just great. I've been a Disney fan my whole life and it still blows me away the attention to detail.

I can't wait to read your PTR, too. I may have already told you this, but our family will be there from Dec 7-14. So excited!

Me too! As many times as we've been, I still see details I've never noticed before, I just love it!

Where are you staying? Maybe we'll see each other there:goodvibes

It's just about the only thing that's keeping me going right now! That and having you guys over again when it's up and running. :goodvibes

I was so excited to hear the roar of all the snowplows on the street this morning...I can finally get my car out!!!

We can't wait either!

Looks like we're going to be division rivals soon! Realignment went through! Can't cheer for you Jets anymore :laughing:

After an amazing day at AoA we decided it was time to head back to the room, shower and change to get ready for our evening at DTD!
743_zps516a42b4.jpg

We were off to one of our favourite eateries in all the land WPC!!! I love the macademia crusted chicken here and Shanleigh is a sucker for any pasta and we all know the ravioli here is to die for!
746_zps65bcfc48.jpg

As you can see tho, someone talked me into trying the sushi here because there is nothing my girl loves more than sushi.....here is what she ordered
747_zpsbe91f904.jpg

and here is mine. Both were amazing and we couldn't have had better service here. The young man, who I believe was named Ron, was attentive but not too much. We waited and wanted for nothing!
748_zps06fdf59b.jpg

Me and my girl having an amazing evening!
749_zps8436e35e.jpg

Since we had very little to eat during the day we both decided on dessert tonight. My favourite is the carrot cake, but this time it had changed. It was good, but not as good as I remember! I wasn't in love with the multiple layers ... I liked the two layers with cream cheese in between. Don't worry tho, I had a great cup of coffee with it and I did manage to scarf it down!:rotfl2:
750_zps1c690e63.jpg

What Shanleigh always orders....chocolate something or other! If it's not chocolate, it's not worth her ordering it apparently. She said this was as good as she remembered it to be!
751_zpse94af1d4.jpg

Then it was time to wander around the stores but apparently the only picture I took was this one! I kept looking at this outfit for my youngest niece but I just couldn't justify the price of it so we ended up with a few other things for the girls!
752_zps2143051f.jpg

I couldn't resist this shot...it shows just how close we were to the entrance of our happy place!
753_zpsdf0d0766.jpg

....and I always take a shot of our room number every trip!

We went back to the hotel and reminenced about our last two weeks as the next day would be our last in the World for 2012. We were both super excited because we were having a Dis-meet and I couldn't wait! Now I can't wait to tell you all about it. I promise I will have another post up this weekend so I can finish this one and start the PTR!!!

Enjoy your weekend!:flower3:

751_zpse94af1d4.jpg

Then it was time to wander around the stores but apparently the only picture I took was this one! I kept looking at this outfit for my youngest niece but I just couldn't justify the price of it so we ended up with a few other things for the girls!

That has got to be the cutest outfit (I'm not even sure I cropped the right picture) SO cute!

752_zps2143051f.jpg

I couldn't resist this shot...it shows just how close we were to the entrance of our happy place!

I love that view. I have always wanted to stay in that part of POP. What I think is ironic is that it will get harder and harder to see the entrance as the trees grow. But no one will ever cut the trees. Sometimes I think they get in the way a little bit.

Sushi looks amazing. So glad you had a great dinner.

Only one more day left... boo! But totally looking forward to hearing about your meet. :thumbsup2 Not to mention the PTR for December. :cheer2:

That has got to be the cutest outfit (I'm not even sure I cropped the right picture) SO cute!

I know! I kick myself everytime I look at it and think I should have just bought it for her! Maybe it'll still be there this year and that'll be her Christmas gift!

I love that view. I have always wanted to stay in that part of POP. What I think is ironic is that it will get harder and harder to see the entrance as the trees grow. But no one will ever cut the trees. Sometimes I think they get in the way a little bit.

I said those exact words to Shanleigh..."I wonder if we'll be able to see it on our next visit"...it's too bad!
Sushi looks amazing. So glad you had a great dinner.

It was nice to step away from the ordinary from what we always have to try the sushi...it was really quite good!

We're away and you do two updates. Sneaky!!

We were thinking of you guys all week and hope you had a great time...please let us know when you've started your TR!!!!!

Only one more day left... boo! But totally looking forward to hearing about your meet. :thumbsup2 Not to mention the PTR for December. :cheer2:

I know, I can hardly believe it myself! I'm trying to come up with a creative title for the PTR...nothing has come to me yet:lmao:

Missed two updates, so I had to catch up.

How fun that you got to go check out AoA on opening day at that. Sounds fun walking around, checking things out, and enjoying the pool for a little while.

Dessert looks delicious, and I know you enjoyed wandering around DTD.
What a fun view you had from outside your room. We're taking a little budget trip in June-just the kids and me-and staying at POP for our first time ever.

Missed two updates, so I had to catch up.

How fun that you got to go check out AoA on opening day at that. Sounds fun walking around, checking things out, and enjoying the pool for a little while.

Dessert looks delicious, and I know you enjoyed wandering around DTD.
What a fun view you had from outside your room. We're taking a little budget trip in June-just the kids and me-and staying at POP for our first time ever.

That's fantastic...we're so happy for you guys!!! You will love Pop and it's a quick jaunt across the bridge to check out AoA:thumbsup2 Please tell me there will be a new TR when you get back ;)

Glad to hear that you had another great dinner! WPC was on the list for our next trip, but I bounced it in favor of Fultons. It goes on the list for next year. Too many great choices!

I'm sad that the TR is winding down, but you know I'm on board for the PTR! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter