Items for little ones

margot31

DIS Veteran
So we are going down in April....my daughter will be 6 months when we go who will still be on a bottle.

What were some things you who went with babies, did you still take your gear down. Or what?

Also since she will be moving to foods did you bring those food cups too?

This is all new to us with taking kids. My oldest is two so i am not fully concerned with him so much.

Your best options for baby food is to pack it in your checked luggage (do either the plastic tubs or pouches- no glass so it won't break) or order through Garden Grocer or Amazon Prime and have it shipped to the hotel. If you're staying on property, they will charge you $5 for each package they hold for you. You have to decide which option best fits you depending on how much room you have in your luggage, but when travelling with a little one, I imagine it's not a lot. You can do the same thing with diapers and wipes, though of course you're going to want a small stash in your diaper bag/ carry on. If you will need baby food for the flight, you can bring it, just don't go overboard with how much you carry on as they will separately have to scan the baby food and any premade bottles.

Honestly, with the bottles, it might be best both for the plane and in the parks to just bring the bottles filled with water (or empty and fill after security at the airport or in the parks) and have one of the formula dispensers with separate compartments where you already have the formula premeasured out. This way, you don't have to lug a cooler around trying to ensure the bottles don't spoil. Just make up each bottle as you go. If the water is already in the bottles, it will likely be room temperature by the time you need it so you probably won't need to worry about trying to warm it ( if that's what your baby is used to). Bring LOTS of spoons, those things tend to disappear! If your baby is old enough for teething biscuits or other snacks, you might want to bring some of those as well.

Don't forget any medicines they might be on or any you think they may need. I always travel with infant Tylenol just in case, desitin cream (the heat induces sweat which makes diaper rash more common), and any teething remedy (if they are in that stage).

Utilize the baby care centers. There's one in every park and they have changing tables, free water, a place to relax and nap, private nursing rooms, as well as extra supplies for purchase if you run out(though the prices are high).

Don't forget to pack your bottle brush and if you're particular about the soap used for washing bottles you may want to bring that as in the hotels you will be limited to bar soap.

As for gear, with one that young, a baby carrier will be great for the parks, going on slow rides, etc. A stroller would probably also be helpful so you don't have to always carry the baby. Even with them strapped to you, the baby gets heavy after a while. Either bring your own stroller (you can generally check them on the plane for free) or you can rent one through some companies in Orlando. Not sure the names, but someone else on the forum might know.

If staying on property, you can request a pack n play in your room. Other than that, you shouldn't really need any other baby gear, other than of course plenty of clothes, burp rags, etc. All of the on-site hotels have laundry facilities for a small fee, but definitely make sure to bring a couple changes of clothes in to the parks for the baby and an extra shirt for you in case of spit ups.

I'd also recommend a receiving blanket or nursing cover( even if you don't nurse) as those things serve sooo many purposes. They can double as a changing pad if need be, you can spread them out on the grass to put baby on while taking a break or waiting for a parade, double as a burp cloth, use for shade in the carrier or stroller on bright days or when baby is taking a nap. There are sooo many uses, don't travel without one of them.

I hope you enjoy your trip. Try not to stress it. At that age, babies love checking everything out and I'm sure your little one will have a great time.

We live 2.5 hours away so we can bring what ever we need which we will.

It was more like the bottle situation. Do I keep her on the same bottle she uses or buy those pre made things. But as I was reading other post as much as being able to throw everything out is nice having a gassy belly will just kill the both of us quickly.

I personally would go with the same bottle. The premade ones are pricy, may not agree with baby's stomach as you pointed out, and the baby may not take well to the different nipple.

I'd still recommend bringing the formula measured out in compartmentalized dispenser and just having the bottles filled with water then pouring the formula in when you're ready for a bottle. When done, rinse the bottle out in the bathroom and it won't be as hard to wash later. It is a pain having to lug bottles back to the hotel and wash them, but with baby already being out of their element in a new environment, it's probably best not to switch to the premade bottles and risk baby refusing to drink them/causing stomach problems.

We spent a week in Disney when my youngest was 12 weeks. Disney was planned before we knew about our sweet little one ( we adopted!) So we took 2 bottles in the park with water bottles at room temperature. We carried 2 containers for her formula ( which was enough for 6 bottles...) It worked great! As soon as she finished her milk I would wash it out with hot water so it didn't get nasty. I would scrub the bottles each night!
As far as gear... Most Important things were stroller, Tula carrier, light weight blanket, and I also brought the rock and play to sleep in at night. But we drove!
As far as food I would bring the pouches...They are so easy.
Disney is very easy with little ones! For us the 12 to 18 months was the hardest with all our kiddos. But still doable and worth it! Hope this helps! Make sure to take any special lovey as well! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter