• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It’s a...WDWKOOK LIVE TRIP of FIRSTS! TRIP SUMMARY PAGE 17!

Thanks for the great photos! How have things been in the lounge area today? Hoping everything has gotten better since yesterday.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

There was lots of noise this morning which sounded like a sander, but it didn't last too long. They have been replacing carpeting on the stairs and some other areas nearby. Coming back from the gym, I was behind a bride and her party who got off a private bus and entered the GF around 0900. It was so cute when the greeter grabbed her dress that was dragging and held it as she walked in. I didn't have my phone with me, but it was precious. I did wonder if their experience was impacted by the carpet replacement noise.

image.jpeg

What a view it must be from that crane bucket. Today I thought my snazzy umbrella would see some rain, but it only started raining a bit as I got to the monorail and the sun has been out most of the late afternoon. I was going to take the boat, but it was closed. I can't believe I had 9/9 rain-free days at WDW during hurricane season. Amazing.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Another cost savings: All alcohol is CM poured. At times the lines can get long and guests like to chit chat with the CM, too so that can slow down the process. The line can also semi-block your way over to the elevators and food area.

I agree, there seemed to be a line for the alcohol that made it hard to maneuver in the area. We don't drink, but had to get around the line once or twice.

Who you first encounter on any vacation really sets the tone, good or bad. It's too bad Disney doesn't stress this to their check-in staff. We all know what it feels like to be so excited to finally be on vacation, arrive at the resort, and get in the room we've booked months out and dreamed about. The guest and CM interaction is pretty much front loaded so if they could just make that right, it would help immensely.

True! We are people who don't need or want a lot of attention. But with this room ready text now, we aren't getting much CM interaction at all. I did online check in for our YC stay,, we got our room ready text at 9:30 this morning. The magic bands worked for the elevator & our room. CMs at the club desk were talking to other guests. We just headed for the lounge & then to our room with not a word from anyone. We don't like at lot of attention as I said, but I feel kind of invisible this way!

First rain for me was tonight, but I was indoors. Looks like thunderstorms my last day tomorrow. Hope you don't get wet on your move over to Regatta Club. Are you taking the bus from MK? Bell Services delivers resort transfer bags between 1-4. YC delivered them at 2:30 and GF delivered them at 4:15.

I went in the wrong way, I came from the boat - no CMs with iPads there! I'm sure by not going in the front and then heading right to the front desk, I threw the process off. But, once they found a runner, it still didn't improve the process.

Yes, we were at MK til around 2, then caught the bus to YC. We waited about 15/20 minutes for the bus. Y&B was actually the only resort with a line, all the other resorts had at least 1 bus come by so they had no one at their stops by the time our came. The bellman at GF told us the luggage would be at YC around 2. We knew from past experience that it can take til 3 or 4 to get to the next resort. We called as about 3 & it was here.

The hot items were tastier tonight. Spring rolls with a mustard sauce and a wonderful pork belly that melts in your mouth:
View attachment 194174

View attachment 194176

Loaded potato salad:
View attachment 194187

The offerings were very good last night, weren't they!! Loved that melt in your mouth pork & the potato salad.

Our fondest CL memories were also of the OFC. Since Randy the manager of 4 years left to go to CR, many other changes have also occurred, so for us, it's not really magical anymore.

The new guest doesn't have a past Disney experience with which to compare so I guess that's the new target audience. It's also as if they think we only stay at one Disney resort and we won't know what's happening at others. Maybe that's why they don't care about the inconsistencies?

The only time out of my 3 check-ins in one week that anyone said "welcome back" was when I had to find a manager here in the lobby who would give me a card to access CL. Since my room wasn't ready, I couldn't get up to CL when I came back from MK. The runner or front desk CM should have taken care of this at 0930 when I checked-in. When I told the manager I couldn't get up there he looked at his computer and said, "Wow, you really love WL and CR...welcome back!" No one else acknowledged me as a repeat customer.

"It's not like it used to be" is so accurate! I frankly have no need for it anymore. While it's nice being on a dedicated floor, even those rooms are hit or miss. When I changed from Tower Club to non-CL, I almost felt relieved. I had no more unmet expectations and I had total freedom to not feel obligated to eat or drink anything I didn't really want. But, I still had the exact same room amenities as CL.

Like your birthday, I looked at this trip as a present to myself and I'm glad I tried it, but I wouldn't do it again. The value, intrinsic and extrinsic, just isn't there anymore for us.

Here is what I paid for these rooms, which includes tax and a 40% military discount.

GF RPC Deluxe: $625
BC GV/WV: $275. The YC LV room would have been $325, but the upgrade was comped.
CR Tower Club: $475
CR Tower, non-CL BLV: $365

I am in no way feeling RPC is worth $260 more per night than my amazing CR non-CL room and it certainly isn't worth $150 more than the Tower Club room. And, while the (comped) partial LV YC room can't compare to this room and view, those differences aren't worth $300 more per night, nor are the food and beverages. I think these are fair comparisons that do highlight that these CL rooms are getting more and more overpriced with less being offered.

My comments bolded in the quote. I have to agree that club level stays are really out of control with the price. I might book YC club level for early next year coz I really want to see & stay in a newly refurbed room. We might go back in Feb or late April, so club is the only floor I can count on being done by then. After that, I think we'll go back to regular rooms for most stays. Just not worth those prices anymore! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Ate my last pieces of blue cheese for quite a while - so yummy. Light crowd again in the lounge tonight. So glad yesterday and tonight weren't a repeat of Sunday night. It's so nice when it's peaceful and you just hear the band and piano.

We did have the obligatory woman wearing her robe yesterday evening and taking her refillable mug and placing the rim against the spout of the filtered water:sad2:. Also, the adult who took veggies with her fingers. It just wouldn't be CL without tong-less behavior, robes and PJs. But here, I've only seen children at breakfast in PJs.

We are getting a downpour tonight, which is nice to watch from the comfort of the lounge and my cozy room. Back to reality tomorrow and never pleasant MCO.

The honey is in the honeycomb and pairs well with the blue or just alone, it's delectable.

image.jpeg

Greek meatballs and chicken with mango chutney. The meatballs were tasty with spinach and I believe a lamb/beef mixture.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lox on potato cake and potato gazpacho. There's been a big potato theme here. Loaded potato salad was out yesterday.
image.jpeg

I have been following your trip report with great interest. You summed up exactly why I decided not to try club level again - unmet expectations.

The OFC staff was very friendly and helpful when we were there last January. Even though our cl experience at WL lacked the amenities we had been expecting, the CMs were great.

I hope your trip in general was pleasant. It has been fun to follow along. :)

Though it may seem otherwise, I really don't have many complaints nor any regrets, but I always have plenty of observations. This pretty much concludes my WDW bucket list of must-dos, Stacy would be pleased;)

The food looks really good and I'm happy to hear that not all the CM's are cranky. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. That umbrella is too cute.

Enjoy the day!

Thanks. I'd say it's about a 50/50 ratio of cranky to not-so-cranky. Speaking of not-so-cranky, I think I wrote yesterday that "Ahmed" was pleasant and always cleaned up the tables quickly, but I meant "Abdul." Easy to mix those up...

Gosh it makes me sad to read about your disappointments this trip! I agree first impressions mean a lot. They set the tone for the whole trip. I remember back to our stay a couple months ago at BWI CL when we received our room number text and opted to go straight to our room from the Epcot way. We then went from our room to the lounge to enjoy a few snacks, and a frantic-looking Pete found us in the lounge and was carrying our welcome packet saying he had been waiting for us all day! Now this was our first stay there, so we didn't even know Pete. But he was making it a point to know us. I can say for certain that if we based our trips on CL interaction and service, BWI would rate as the best.

I'm glad the evening food was better last night for you (it looked great!). When we were there over Easter, we had pasta and Italian bread on 2 different nights. I won't say the sauce was super great, but it was good and we were excited to have something different than the norm.

Everyone raves about Pete, and a couple of other regulars. He went above and beyond for you.

For many years, WL was one of those great "first impression" resorts for both CL and non-CL. But, so much has changed, especially managers and non-suits and it's not the same anymore either. Not saying it's bad, just not the same magical experience.

I was only here 3 nights and in those 3 nights, the hot appetizers didn't really impress me. Also, they seem to only alternate 2 children's dishes: chicken nuggets and mini corn dogs. Seems they could throw something else in the mix for the kiddos.

All this yogurt talk has me now curious. On our last stay at CSR business class last year they had their house made yogurt in a big bowl but also had the individual sealed containers of yogurt on ice - I'll be anxious to see if any changes have been made there next month. I'm also going to have to check out the yogurt situation at YC CL too. I like yogurt BUT will admit that I have a "thing" about eating yogurt left out and not in a sealed container...I just can't do it. And if it's not refrigerated.... well forget it, I won't touch it - I know call me crazy!!

I'm not going to call you crazy at all. At home, yogurt is all I have for breakfast, but gee, I REFRIGERATE IT! So, I skipped it here. I knew if I asked why it isn't refrigerated that'd just tell me that it's fine and I still wouldn't eat it, so why bother asking.

WDWKOOK-Maybe a letter to management regarding all the unmet expectations you've encountered wouldn't hurt. Since you know what was done in the past, you can voice your concern about the present, and give them direction for the future.

I always fill out their surveys and email Guest Communications to let them know about about any CMs who went above and beyond. Sometimes I have mentioned a particular negative experience. I always get a follow-up call. I just don't think they're going to go back to how things used to be and I also don't think some of these CLs have ever been stellar. So even if they did someday makes changes, I don't see myself testing the WDW CL waters again.

It's all about availability....and price of course. BWI SV CL is opened for our dates at rack rate...but we have BC GV CL at $488/nt. Being that DH thinks we are not staying CL I probably shouldn't change this.....probably...For our trip to BWI we have the AP rate so it's on!!!! We also really liked BC CL lounge!!

Will you be posting a BC TR? Is this for Jersey Week?

I have been waiting for your final impressions on RPC. We had decided on a 4 day club level at Poly but the only thing available for our dates was RPC. At this price, we've decided on a cruise. It's cheaper!!! I love WDW. Right now I'm not feeling the love back!

I hope you've enjoyed the majority of your trip and bring home the good memories!

Liz

It is a high "price point" with really no good rationale. I compare it with another non-Disney resort we frequent that is similar in style to GF and there's really no comparison.

Glad it's not crowded. Enjoy your MK day :wizard:.

I did, thank you:)

Pooh was sad because CL at The 100 Acre Woods no longer serves honey....,

HA! So true, they're cost-cutting at the HAW CL and you have to BYOH.

:wave:Fabulous wait times!!!!!
Did you enjoy lunch at MK today? MK is by far still our favorite park.:cool1:

I think Pooh is looking a little less Poohish than usual???? I think his Sunday ((or Tuesday) best must be in the laundry...:laundy:

I thought the same thing, Pooh, err, Poohlina must be on a diet?

And same for me, MK is magical and has so many fun rides. Today, I had my favorite spot at Columbia Harbor House up on the second floor overlooking the walkway past IASW.

I always tear up as I pass underneath the train station for the last time of my vacation. Then the train toots goodbye to me:sad1:

I guess the "go to MK on a party day" theory is right on today!

It's my last day so I always end with MK, so I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. It closes at 7 so I assume those who buy day passes want to maximize their ticket by going where they can spend more time?

Last edited:
That's exactly right about why attendance is low on party days. It's something that Josh always recommended if you have enough days to miss the evening fireworks and that good stuff.

Just got caught up on all the RPC fun. The view was insane, but so was all the other stuff, but not in a good way! We haven't done Club level in a while. We weren't wowed at it any more, like we had in the past, and then when we bought DVC, that lessened the chances we had of using it. Now generally our cash stays are on the Disney ships instead of the resorts. :)

One of our worse experiences was in a Deluxe Cl room at the BC three or four years ago. That's one of those rooms not on the room of the CL Lounge. Every time we went up to lounge, we got a "do you belong here?" glare from the CMs. That made it really worth the extra money we were paying for the Deluxe room! :crazy2:

Anyway, sad your trip is over. The empty parks hopefully made up for the room issues! The picture of Tigger is great, he looks extra bouncy. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great photos! How have things been in the lounge area today? Hoping everything has gotten better since yesterday.

You're welcome! It's great having an audience for my many photos.

I remarked earlier that the lounge was much more civilized yesterday and tonight. I mentioned Sunday's loud and seemingly drunk guests to a CM I was chatting with and she said that Sunday is a big check-in day. Well, OK, but where were they yesterday and tonight?

I did call the CL concierge Sunday night before they left and asked if the double doors could be closed. Someone actually did close them which helped, but about a half hour later, someone opened them up again. It's possible someone talked to those guests and they took heed.

My comments bolded in the quote. I have to agree that club level stays are really out of control with the price. I might book YC club level for early next year coz I really want to see & stay in a newly refurbed room. We might go back in Feb or late April, so club is the only floor I can count on being done by then. After that, I think we'll go back to regular rooms for most stays. Just not worth those prices anymore! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Thank you and I wonder if they're going to totally de-theme the nautical right out of those YC rooms?

U. B. Patient...:laughing: Love that sign.

I've never been over to Tom Sawyer Island so I'm really enjoying your pics.

You have to go, at least once. It's fun with kids, without kids, you can't go wrong. Do it at your own pace, but it doesn't take very long.

Same here!

Someone is very good at trying to appease us in a humorous way.

Maybe pooh was thinking about his thoughtful place.

Yeah, or wondering what the heck Tigger was doing jumping around when he/she should have been on some jumpless mission.

Pooh was sad because CL at The 100 Acre Woods no longer serves honey....,

Best response!

Resort-branded merchandise:
View attachment 194350

Coffee cups aren't dishwasher safe:

View attachment 194354

I don't think any Disney mugs are dish washer safe anymore no matter if they say it or not.

What a view it must be from that crane bucket. Today I thought my snazzy umbrella would see some rain, but it only started raining a bit as I got to the monorail and the sun has been out most of the late afternoon. I was going to take the boat, but it was closed. I can't believe I had 9/9 rain-free days at WDW during hurricane season. Amazing.
View attachment 194362

View attachment 194363

View attachment 194368

View attachment 194372

What is up with crane anyway? Is it like a permanent fixture. It was there my first trip and now this one.

That's exactly right about why attendance is low on party days. It's something that Josh always recommended if you have enough days to miss the evening fireworks and that good stuff.

Just got caught up on all the RPC fun. The view was insane, but so was all the other stuff, but not in a good way! We haven't done Club level in a while. We weren't wowed at it any more, like we had in the past, and then when we bought DVC, that lessened the chances we had of using it. Now generally our cash stays are on the Disney ships instead of the resorts. :)

One of our worse experiences was in a Deluxe Cl room at the BC three or four years ago. That's one of those rooms not on the room of the CL Lounge. Every time we went up to lounge, we got a "do you belong here?" glare from the CMs. That made it really worth the extra money we were paying for the Deluxe room! :crazy2:

Anyway, sad your trip is over. The empty parks hopefully made up for the room issues! The picture of Tigger is great, he looks extra bouncy. :thumbsup2

Well, there aren't many 7:00 MK closures, but I can personally highly recommend those days.

You haven't missed a thing not doing CL in while. The dedicated floor used to be a draw to me, but frankly, if you don't care for some of the guests or CMs, you're stuck with them in the lounge all the time.

The "who are you?" glare isn't magical and you get it from guests, too. We had a Deluxe on another floor at WL once. I think some of the suites here are in outer buildings and there are also guests on other floors in the main building so many guests are coming off the elevator and stairs. It feels so weird that I have the room closest to the lounge, especially when I didn't even want to be close to the lounge. I'm sure many oldsters would love this room.

Last edited:
Never paid attention to this window until today. It's next to the Liberty Belle riverboat.
I think that window is one of the stops for the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game. I never noticed most of the windows they use in the game until we started to play it.

I love finding the MK empty. That hasn't happened very often, though. I'm glad that you had a good day. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter