Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

The no folding strollers is a game changer. And even though technically you don’t have to on the monorail, good luck squeezing on with one.

Plus it has a zero entry unlike the step up into the monorail. Makes things very easy.

I don’t mind the busses but folding a stroller with a sleeping toddler is on my list of things I never want to do again.

Funny story, we were well out of the stroller days and got thrown back into it.

Our boys are 13, 9 and 2. Our oldest is nearly in high school and I still remember our first trip when he was 8. It’s been nice to invest in DVC and have a place we constantly look forward to visiting, hopefully that continues when they are older and not living at home.

I just see them sticking with whatever the default non-incentive pricing is for RIV and the Cabins. VDH lives in its own world.

It's what $225, now? It may go up $5 or $10 before the tower goes on sale, but I find it hard to believe they're going to start at $250. At some point, where's the value? They're selling GFV, the flagship, at $230.

You also have to keep in mind, this is 42 year contract, not a 50 too. So it's a premium for them already at the base price.

We'll probably get a $5 per point current member, pre-sale discount and then incentives will be typical at 150 and above ($13 or something).

They have a lot of points to sell and this isn't going to be the last new construction at Seven Seas Lagoon.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of your points but am baffled why you think it’s a mistake. It will be the most desirable new direct points (people’s attachment to Poly, location, unrestricted resale) when it launches so they should get as much as they can from the “buy at any price” demo—the fact that people are buying resale approaching $200 suggests they should try to get at least $215 after incentives for a while.

After the first 3-6 months (or whenever sales slow) they can do bigger incentives, a Black Friday flash sale, move more points to people on cruises, targeted deals to APs, guests at Poly, etc., there’s a lot of selective levers they can pull before eventually offering bigger discounts.

Nothing stops them from decreasing effective prices after sales slow down.

It’s a mistake simply because VGF did not sell well at a much lower effective base rate and VDH is not selling particularly well and CFW is certainly not selling well. RIV seems to be the only thing with the right base rate. It kind of comes down to desirability of cash rates medium term on this with VGF next door (also poorly moving cash rates).

Though of note I’m not talking about incentives. I strongly agree that incentives will be meagre now. But the base rate is all about add on contracts, which seems to be the whole reason they went with a combined resort at the end. To sell existing Poly members on a few more points for bigger units.

Kind of my point is that people think Disney will ring out a high price on the first 10% of sales and sacrifice the back 90%. I guess they could turn around and drop the base rate on even small contracts down the road… but doesn’t that imply that the price was in fact a mistake?

Plus - we’ve been through this exact same conversation with VGF2. Those resale contracts actually were priced high and not merely in a strange pre-opening bubble. If Poly resale was currently going at 140$ today, would people really be this confident that 250pp was the right long term move?

But the base rate is all about add on contracts, which seems to be the whole reason they went with a combined resort at the end. To sell existing Poly members on a few more points for bigger units.

Built in customer base, a 42 year contract at a 50 year price and saved them millions in fees (according to a former DVC guide anyway).

Plus, gasp, it was the right thing to do for that condo association since this has been planned since the original units, but delayed and delayed.

Built in customer base, a 42 year contract at a 50 year price and saved them millions in fees (according to a former DVC guide anyway).

Plus, gasp, it was the right thing to do for that condo association since this has been planned since the original units, but delayed and delayed.

Totally, they did it all for the money. Not because they are magnanimous and didn’t want to have restrictions. Even if it is the right thing, they did it for money.

Somewhere, the calculation tipped in the favour of more money with their built in base. But that entails listening to the resale market now. A 250 base price and 150pp 50 point resale contracts would totally kill them.

It’s both hilarious and impressive that Disney has so successfully launched people into a frenzy that the normal base launch price is going to be seen as ‘an amazing unbelievable deal’. Good for them, it’s a master class this time!

Fun true history story.

One time DVC had a resort that they thought would be a rock star. They could charge whatever they wanted and people would pay.

So they priced it at the top of their then-pricing range, and offered zero incentives. For a year!

It sold poorly, especially compared to everyone’s expectations here.

About a year after launch, DVC gave up, and started offering decent incentives. Sales doubled overnight and the resort sold out in no time at all.

That resort? Spoiler:
Why, it was Polynesian.

As much fun as it is to banter over price, I’d just like to remind everyone of the obvious fact that DVD can’t seem to find a few precious minutes in their day to actually declare that enormous chunk of concrete a timeshare. Adding on to PVB isn’t rocket science… new road ✅ bar permit ✅ timeshare license? ….. timeshare license? ….timeshare license?

As much fun as it is to banter over price, I’d just like to remind everyone of the obvious fact that DVD can’t seem to find a few precious minutes in their day to actually declare that enormous chunk of concrete a timeshare. Adding on to PVB isn’t rocket science… new road ✅ bar permit ✅ timeshare license? ….. timeshare license? ….timeshare license?

I am with you! Don’t they know people use that data to try to determine when sales might start!

I thought you previously posted it's possible Disney could have filed and asked for it to be private. State may have actually honored that request this time. Did I misunderstand?

I thought you previously posted it's possible Disney could have filed and asked for it to be private. State may have actually honored that request this time. Did I misunderstand?
I saw that option honored by the state a few weeks ago for Epic Universe. Of course, I can't remember exactly where I saw it, or I'd provide the link. Now that I have seen an example of it in use, I realize that I misunderstood its purpose. It was used to redact proprietary information about the license, not the actual existence of the license itself. I wish I could remember what the document was, but there was missing information, and in the spot where the information should be, the state had quoted the statute that the application had been received with a request from Universal to keep some of the details private, and that they were in agreement to honor that request. The state was forthcoming about the fact that they were legally withholding public information. I mistakenly thought that the whole thing would be missing.

I saw that option honored by the state a few weeks ago for Epic Universe. Of course, I can't remember exactly where I saw it, or I'd provide the link. Now that I have seen an example of it in use, I realize that I misunderstood its purpose. It was used to redact proprietary information about the license, not the actual existence of the license itself. I wish I could remember what the document was, but there was missing information, and in the spot where the information should be, the state had quoted the statute that the application had been received with a request from Universal to keep some of the details private, and that they were in agreement to honor that request. The state was forthcoming about the fact that they were legally withholding public information. I mistakenly thought that the whole thing would be missing.
I'm learning a lot of fun information thanks to you!!!

Come on Disney, file the license. 🤣

If Disney doesn't file soon, how are they going to be able to sell it to folks crowded on the Poly beaches for July 4th fireworks?

I'm learning a lot of fun information thanks to you!!!

Come on Disney, file the license. 🤣

If Disney doesn't file soon, how are they going to be able to sell it to folks crowded on the Poly beaches for July 4th fireworks?
:jumping1:
It’s me, I’m folks crowding the beaches at the Poly on July 4th, hoping the amenities and incentives look good enough for me burn a bit of money in that Florida heat 💸💸💸

If it's truly part of the existing condo association, they don't need to file for a timeshare license. All they have to do is add timeshare weeks to the existing condo association.

If it's truly part of the existing condo association, they don't need to file for a timeshare license. All they have to do is add timeshare weeks to the existing condo association.
If it's part of the same association, they amend the license. As you say, add timeshare weeks to the existing condo association. This requires the existing license to be modified.

here is a link to the VGF additional information for the timeshare license. (Thanks @mkatsy for teaching me about the Additional Information link).
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/AdditionalInfo.asp?SID=&licid=5512485

On 7/16/2021, you can see they added the weeks.

Comment: Added 10,302 timeshare weeks; amended public offering statement, purchase agreement, submitted 2022 budget, summary of documents not provided, and amended declarations.

We are waiting to see them add the weeks to the PVB timeshare license. That has not shown up on the web site.

PR 2341 needs to be amended at the DBPR

This would like show up under the 'Additional Information' page, yeah? https://www.myfloridalicense.com/AdditionalInfo.asp?SID=&licid=5886708

1716479188195.png

For a moment I was excited about the 1/19 change -- "Amended POS" -- but then I realized it was just changing a legal entity name from "Disney Vacation Development, Inc." to "Disney Vacation Development, LLC".

They have substantially the same update on around the same date at all of the other DVC licenses, too.

I guess we'll keep watching!

This would like show up under the 'Additional Information' page, yeah? https://www.myfloridalicense.com/AdditionalInfo.asp?SID=&licid=5886708

View attachment 862328

For a moment I was excited about the 1/19 change -- "Amended POS" -- but then I realized it was just changing a legal entity name from "Disney Vacation Development, Inc." to "Disney Vacation Development, LLC".

They have substantially the same update on around the same date at all of the other DVC licenses, too.

I guess we'll keep watching!
I wonder how many times a day that record gets viewed? 🤣🤣🤣 The IT department is probably like “get a life people”.

facebook twitter