Is this what it feels like to be fast? W&D runDisney TR 2018 (Updated Dec. 18th)

Great medal pics!! I'm hoping to get to ride Slinky at night on this trip. It looks really cool at night! I'm anxious to hear about the rhino tour as well.
I definitely recommend Slinky at night if you can!

I TOUCH A RHINO!

It was the final day of my trip. I was sad to be leaving but luckily I had a late flight so still a full day of activities to be had! I would head off to Animal Kingdom where I had a FP for the safari at 9:30AM.

Welcome to the Harambe Wildlife Reserve! For those runDisney peeps reading I was seated behind Gerald Reznick of Rezruns on YouTube who does some awesome race recap videos.

IMG_8242 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8245 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8248 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8253 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Hidden animals were a common theme on this trip...

IMG_8259 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8265 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8273 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8279 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The giraffes were off on the hill and in the trees something I had never seen before.

IMG_8286 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

[imThg]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4903/46305421671_4e0fbc01e4_k.jpg[/img]IMG_8288 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8293 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8296 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8301 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8308 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Baby Stella is hidden back there. Not so much a baby anymore!

IMG_8313 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8317 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8324 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8329 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The Lioness was on the move!

IMG_8336 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8343 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8355 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8367 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8369 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8374 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Continued in Next Post....

I TOUCH A RHINO!

After the Safari I had some time to kill before my tour so I walked around taking some photos.

IMG_2344 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4898 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0470 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0468 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0466 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0465 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0464 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0462 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0461 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Every time I walk through the Tree of Life paths I discover new animals on the tree.

Then it was time for my tour! This tour "Up Close with Rhinos" was brand new and started Nov. 1st. It was an hour long and took place entirely backstage.

IMG_6858 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Here is my full review on the DIS

Review: Getting Up Close with Rhinos!

Due to the nature of the tour no pictures were allowed at all which was the only downside for me. It was a great experience I would do it again for sure! Petting a rhino is something I never thought I would get to do.

After the tour I headed to my Flight of Passage FP.

IMG_0445 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_5271 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

A favorite detail of mine in the exit of Flight of Passage... The hands of Joe Rohde, Jon Landau, and James Cameron.

IMG_6289 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then it was time for me to head out and onto lunch at The Boathouse! I decided to splurge and take my first trip in a Minnie Van!

IMG_2089 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

It is a bit pricey but overall a great experience I think. The driver was a big Animal Kingdom fan like myself so we talked all about the animals and aspects of Animal Kingdom. I would do a Minnie Van again as a splurge option when I need to get from one place to another.

Up Next: I almost miss the Magical Express!

Those two pics might be my favorite AK photos ever. Sounds like a fun tour!
This shows why I love AK. There are so many details and authentic aspects that people don't even realize. I have been to AK so many times but each visit is new and exciting.

Your safari photos are fantastic! And I love your "walking around AK taking pictures" photos too! So much detail that is so easy to miss when you are in the parks, hustling from one attraction to the next.

The rhino experience sounds really neat! Too bad no photos though.

And I had no idea about the handprints - I will keep an eye out for them next time and impress my family with my extensive Disney knowledge :lmao:

45582098244_a25f96b473_k.jpg
Looks like a perfect place for a Hidden Mickey, but nothing looks like quite the right proportions to be "official."

Every time I walk through the Tree of Life paths I discover new animals on the tree.
Your pics from the safari and the tree are always so awesome!

Your safari photos are fantastic! And I love your "walking around AK taking pictures" photos too! So much detail that is so easy to miss when you are in the parks, hustling from one attraction to the next.

The rhino experience sounds really neat! Too bad no photos though.

And I had no idea about the handprints - I will keep an eye out for them next time and impress my family with my extensive Disney knowledge :lmao:

Thanks! Yeah I always try to set aside some time at AK for just exploring.

There are two sides to the exit at FoP and only one side has the handprints. I forget exactly which ones but I think it’s the left side exit that has them.

Looks like a perfect place for a Hidden Mickey, but nothing looks like quite the right proportions to be "official."

Your pics from the safari and the tree are always so awesome!

You’re right. Nothing exactly proportioned right for a good hidden mickey.

Thanks!

The rhino tour sounds like an awesome unique experience. How many people can say they've touched a rhino before?!

I'm sure the Minnie Van was the fastest way to get to the Boathouse, when compared to the other Disney transportation options.

The rhino tour sounds like an awesome unique experience. How many people can say they've touched a rhino before?!

I'm sure the Minnie Van was the fastest way to get to the Boathouse, when compared to the other Disney transportation options.
Definitely not many!

Yeah I would’ve had to bus to a resort and than to the springs so Uber or Minnie Van was the best option.

I almost miss the Magical Express!

I was dropped off on the West Side of Disney Springs which gave me a chance to look at on going construction.

NBA Experience and City Works is coming along...

IMG_9159 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3326 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3503 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Jaleo

IMG_1325 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4876 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then I arrived at The Boathouse for lunch!

IMG_1711 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6144 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_1219 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I went ahead with the Boathouse burger. I am a big burger guy so I get them pretty much everywhere.

Bread came along next. I could eat this bread all day long...

IMG_7778 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Now for my burger!

IMG_5057 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

It was really good. Probably one of the best if not the best burger I have had at Disney. Service was good as well. I had another great meal at The Boathouse and I will definitely be back again soon.

Time for some shopping! My mom was destined to have me find a sweatshirt for her so I went searching for that as well as a new ornament. The new World of Disney had just opened as well. It was very open and different. I will miss some of the Disney touches from before but I do like that its more open.

IMG_3521 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_5522 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I bought an ornament here but didn't find the sweatshirt.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 11.20.37 AM.png

I search the Shop Disney Parks app and found the sweatshirt my mom was looking for at TrenD.

IMG_3296 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

As I left I could see the Tree Trail being set up. It was opening just a couple days after I left.

IMG_7976 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I was heading back to Animal Kingdom so I headed towards Saratoga Springs to catch the bus there. They had a few trees up on that side to see.

IMG_1260 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3769 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3825 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_9363 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Soon enough I was back at AK where I would be meeting up with a friend @AMusicLifeForMe

The bird flyovers were happening...

IMG_0097 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_1777 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then it was time to ride Everest!

IMG_7265.JPG

We both then headed on a bus to Epcot before we would go in different directions. I would head into Epcot to pick up my cutting board. @AMusicLifeForMe was heading off on the monorail. It was great seeing you again!

IMG_0758 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I then had 45 minutes before the Magical Express was set to arrive. I thought I was in good shape. As I walked to the Pop bus stop an Art of Animation bus was there. I thought about taking that bus but figured the Pop bus would be here soon enough. Well in hindsight I probably should've taken the AoA bus. 10 minutes went by, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 40 minutes and then finally 45 minutes after I got to the bus stop a bus arrived. I have never waited at a park for a bus that long. Buses just kept passing by as the Pop queue was filled with people.

I had then figured I would be missing my scheduled DME time. Once I arrived at Pop a DME bus was there ready to leave. I asked the driver what bus this was and it was mine. I asked if he could wait a minute for me to get my bad from bell services. Thankfully he did. Then it was time for a relaxing ride back to the airport after a hectic time getting to the bus.

IMG_7766 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Until I see you again!

IMG_5639 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6199 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

We ended up flying over WDW and right around 9PM when Illuminations was going off. It was cool to see it from the sky and play the song in my head.

IMG_2189 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Plane ride was fine, I sat in the very last row of the plane which I had never done before. I was home safe and sound around 11PM or so and off to bed for reality the next day.

I want to thank everyone for reading my report again! This was a great quick trip. Lots of highlights for me as well. The Rhino tour was probably one of the biggest highlights. Doing my first Wine and Dine race weekend, PR-ing the half, having a great 10K, being in corral A, etc. It was a fun weekend that I would love to do again.

I am excited to be back at WDW in just 3 weeks for 2019 Marathon Weekend as I tackle yet another Dopey Challenge. I will be staying at Pop again so I am hoping the bus situation is better.

Thanks again everyone!

Nice report. Glad to have met you. I'll be running the half and probably playing hookey and doing DATW on Monday.

Yikes! I would have been a nervous wreck waiting for that bus for that long. 45 minutes is crazy!!! I'm glad you made it back just in time.

You sure got a lot done on that last day. I love the sweatshirt and ornament you got too. Great report as usual.

That is such a cute one!!!!

As I walked to the Pop bus stop an Art of Animation bus was there. I thought about taking that bus but figured the Pop bus would be here soon enough. Well in hindsight I probably should've taken the AoA bus. 10 minutes went by, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 40 minutes and then finally 45 minutes after I got to the bus stop a bus arrived. I have never waited at a park for a bus that long. Buses just kept passing by as the Pop queue was filled with people.
We did this quite a few times during our January trip!! If there was an AoA bus, we just took it because it seemed like they came 2 to 1 vs Pop buses!

We ended up flying over WDW and right around 9PM when Illuminations was going off. It was cool to see it from the sky and play the song in my head.
That's really incredible!!!

Thanks for another fun TR!! :) Good luck at this year's Dopey! I can't believe it's already been a year since I did my first rD events! I will definitely be back someday though!

Merry Christmas, Ryan!

Yikes! I would have been a nervous wreck waiting for that bus for that long. 45 minutes is crazy!!! I'm glad you made it back just in time.

You sure got a lot done on that last day. I love the sweatshirt and ornament you got too. Great report as usual.
Yeah it was not a fun wait.

Thanks! See you guys in January!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter