Is this what it feels like to be fast? W&D runDisney TR 2018 (Updated Dec. 18th)

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by rteetz, Nov 7, 2018.

1. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

I will do that from now on with the Pop/AoA buses. I couldn't believe how long it took.

Thanks! I hope you get back to runDisney soon!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

missjackiemcg likes this.
  2. absolutmey

absolutmey planning epic 2020 trip!

Great report! Thanks for sharing. Good luck on Dopey!

Interesting about the Pop v. AoA buses. I'll be back in a few weeks (during race week, but not racing) and will also use the tips PPs gave as I'm staying at Pop too! :)

rteetz likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. rteetz

Yeah I will be using that as well!

absolutmey likes this.
  5. Keels

Keels The Official Keels of RunDisney

Finally.

Lets get that Marathon PTR going now. It's time.

missjackiemcg and rteetz like this.
  6. rteetz

What if I just skip the PTR? ;)

7. Keels

Keels The Official Keels of RunDisney

C'mon, Teez.

rteetz likes this.
  8. Jules76126

Jules76126 Practically Perfect in Every Way

Sounds like a fun weekend. And how cool to see Illuminations from the plane. I love when you can pick out major landmarks from the air. Happy Holidays!

rteetz likes this.
  9. Dis5150

Dis5150 DIS Veteran

I haven't been on the boards much but have been reading along as I was able. Great trip report, as always! Makes me even sadder to be missing Marathon Weekend. :( I love all your pictures!

rteetz likes this.
  10. BigEeyore

BigEeyore DIS Veteran

Great report! You really made the most of your last day. I would have been a stress bucket waiting for the bus for that long, knowing I was probably going to miss my DME ride! I hate that you have to be at your hotel 3 hours before your flight, when the airport is only about 30 minutes away, but can't complain too much about a free ride!
    Hope your holidays are great - looking forward to your TR about Dopey! I am going for Goofy - did Dopey twice before (Including this year) and a bit sad not to be doing the whole enchilada again, but happy that I will at least be there for the weekend! Fingers crossed for good weather, low park crowds, and a healthy race weekend for all!

rteetz likes this.
  11. petedis6

petedis6 Disney Fan

Awesome trip report, man! You definitely got a lot done.

rteetz likes this.
  12. gberg

gberg Earning My Ears

Great TR as usual! I'd love to see/do some of the stuff you did during your races...but without the running part and not at pre rope drop hours! :worship:

rteetz likes this.
  13. rteetz

Illuminations from the plane was the only fireworks I saw at all that weekend! Thanks and Happy Holidays to you too!

Thanks! I will miss you guys at Marathon Weekend as well!

Yeah I don't like the 3 hour pick up either especially when I have pre-check and it takes no time to get through security. It was a bit stressful waiting. I am excited for Dopey #3. It may be my last Dopey for a while. Hope to see you there!

Thanks for reading! I definitely did.

Haha! Yes doing all of that without running would be a lot of fun. I think everyone would do that then!

petedis6 likes this.
  14. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Great report! I am hoping they still have the Rhino tour when I head back in September!

rteetz likes this.
  15. rteetz

I think they will its very popular. If you get the chance definitely do it!

16. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Glad the Boathouse burger did not disappoint.

The tree decorated with monorails was pretty cool!

Your MDE story had me stressing. That would have been a sour end to the trip if you'd missed your transportation because of a Pop bus never showing up. That resort seemed to have some issues that week....like you said, hopefully it'll be better for Marathon weekend.

Thanks for another great TR and fun race recaps!

rteetz likes this.
  17. rteetz

I wish I could decorate my tree with monorails!

Yes definitely hoping buses at Pop are better for marathon weekend. Otherwise I may not be staying there for a while.

Thanks for reading!

18. piraterunner

piraterunner Mouseketeer

Great report! I have yet to do this race. Definitely want to sign up this year! Love the hardware.

rteetz likes this.
  19. rteetz

It’s a great weekend!

20. Sinders99

Sinders99 Mouseketeer

I'm very late to the party and have just completed reading your trip report. I'm so glad I found it as my husband and I are travelling from Australia for Wine & Dine 5km, 10km and Half Marathon this year (2019). We've been to WDW once prior in early September and I was just hoping you could give your opinion on the park crowds throughout the Wine & Dine weekend?
    We're arriving around 26th October so that we have time to acclimatise and get over any potential jet lag and will be leaving on the 6th Nov.
    I've dreamt of running a RunDisney parks even for over 2 years and it's what originally got me into running in the first place. I've done the disney virtual shorts in 2017 & 2018 and I'll be doing those again in 2019. I'm also completing the Star Wars Virtual Half at the moment. Congrats on your PR's and I hope you had a great Dopey a couple of weekends ago.

rteetz likes this.
  21. rteetz

Crowds weren’t bad. The weekend at Epcot does get crowded because of the food and wine festival so if you can try to go to Epcot during the week otherwise the parks were manageable.

Sinders99 likes this.