Is there something you wish you had done?

need_a_Disney_fix

DIS Veteran Extraordinaire
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
In the same vein as KAR3600's favorite purchase thread, I have one. Is there anything you wish you had done while you were cruising with Mickey and the gang?

The only thing that I can think of would be maybe to have went to some of the shows. We did the 3 night, so it was a little hard to fit everything in. But of course, we're going again in January, so hopefully we'll get to see some shows then! Oh, and order some of those cookies from room service that everyone talks about!

I hate I missed the secret verandah deck on Deck 7 & 8 aft.
I wihs I had used room service.
I wish we had tried the martini or tequilla tastings.
I hate I missed Palo's Brunch.
We have yet to make it to Serenity Bay.
Would loved to have done the Rainforest.
Would love to have gone to the Salsa dancing.
I missed my son help out in the Father Son putting contest.
Oh the list can go on and ....
I plan on doing most of these in September.

1) Never found time to swim in the pools.
2) Never found time for Palo.
3) Missed most of the Navigator series.
4) Never danced (most of the clubs were empty by 11 pm anyway, Disney isn't a late night party cruise, that's for sure)
5) Never had breakfast in the dining room (except the last day, and no eggs benedict on the menu then)
6) Been to St. Thomas 6 times, so it's normally our sleep in morning, couldn't do that with customs at 6:30 am

Wish I would have tried Bingo and gone to some of the Navigator series. Just didn't fit into our schedule this time.
The weather wasn't good, so we didn't use the pool either. Hoping the weather will be better next time.
Would like to have taken more character pictures.

I wish I would have booked a longer cruise!!!!!!!!! 4 day was too short.

Didnt eat any chicken nuggets, hot dogs or hamburgers on the ship.

Didnt have cookies, mickey bars or ice cream at scoops

Wish I could have done more activitys.

Wish I went to serenity bay.... My DH went and said it was nicer than the family beach which I thought was as good as it could get.

Wish I went through all the tropical drinks on board.... only made it through the drinks of the day

I wish I wish I wish............. I WISH I CAN BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE SOON!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

...had taken more pictures of the ship and things on it (I came home with two memory sticks and eight rolls of film, not to mention all the Shutters photos, but I didn't have enough of the ship) :wave2:

...had decorated the stateroom in some way for our arrival :cheer2:

...had been able to enjoy the adult areas more (but am glad I visited Cove Cafe every day for my morning lead) :worship:

...had caught some of the family shows at Studio Sea :love1:

...hadn't ordered the REAS package (not worth it in my opinion now that you can make reservations online, the basket wasn't that great either -- kids were bummed we didn't get chocolates in the basket) :lovestruc

...had won the really cool Animator's Palate litho in the Park West auction :sad2:

Things I'm glad I/we did --

Palo brunch and dinner :hug:
Couples Massage :love:
swam with our kids every day :love2:
dressed up for formal night princess:
tried a new food every day :mickeybar
didn't make our kids stand in line for character pictures ::MickeyMo
saw Twice Charmed, Golden Mickeys and Disney Dreams :wizard:
bought the case of water on ship :drinking:
brought pillowcases for signatures ::MinnieMo
didn't overplan, DH was the most relaxed I've seen in three years! :goodvibes

Lorena

1. Parasailed. They cancelled the afternoon appts. due to high winds.
2. Visited Serenity Bay and the photo lookout point.
3. Not waited till the final day to try out the Rainforest. Liked that!
4. Had time to just sit n' sun instead of run, run, run.
5. Insisted that I was not attending the disembarkation talk at 11:00 on our day @ sea. I KNEW that I didn't need to, but DH thought I should attend with our tablemate mom while he and the dad watched after the 3 kids at the pool. I also told them it'd be replayed over and over....and it was.
6. Wish I hadn't waited until the 4th day to buy souvies when everyone else had the same idea.
7. Wish DH and I had spent some alone time in the adult area hot tub.

Melanie

1. booked back to back cruises
2. spent some time with dh at Serenity Bay
3. packed less
4. exercised more :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
5. taken bridge tour

......less.

Both cruises we got caught up in the schedule....caught up in the Navigator. In retrospect, I think we were more time-driven on the cruise than when we're at home juggling two jobs, a child with school and dance classes, and all of that jazz! We had a great time, but we're looking forward to the NEXT cruise since we've done a lot of what we "wanted" to experience and we can lounge on Deck 4, lounge on the veranda, order in a dinner without feeling like we're missing something, and just SIT and enjoy the water rush by!

I wish I had laid by the pool and read. We spent a lot of time shadowing our DD, watching her enchantment (she was just 3 last year) with the characters, ship, etc. and I don't regret that at all. This year I will take some time for my own unwinding.

I wish I had:

1) Gotten up early one morning to watch the sunrise (wanted to do that at the time, but it was so difficult waking up early).

2) Explored Key West a bit more. It was so hot the day we were there, we went ashore for about an hour and went back to the ship (which was great), but I would have liked to have seen more and perhaps eaten a Cheeseburger in Paradise.

I wish I would have re-booked while on board!!!!!! We are on cruise #4 and have always thought about it while on board, only to get home and book and miss out on discounts and room credits!!!

Spent more time on deck 7 in the mornings.

1. I wish we had flown down the night before. :guilty:

2. I wish I had insisted the kids spend a little more time in the Club so DH and I could have had some alone time. :love2:

3. I wish I hadn't insisted we eat in the dining room every night, and tried room service or Topsiders at least once. :wave2:

Denae

hawaii5o said:
Didnt eat any chicken nuggets, hot dogs or hamburgers on the ship.

Didnt have cookies, mickey bars or ice cream at scoops

WOW! Are you sure you were on the cruise!? ;)

need_a_Disney_fix said:
In the same vein as KAR3600's favorite purchase thread, I have one. Is there anything you wish you had done while you were cruising with Mickey and the gang?

Great posts everyone. Gotta lot of great ideas for things to do and things not to miss. :wave2:

I know, I was on the cruise, for real!!!! Just eating breakfast or lunch at BBB filled me up and then we ate in the dining rooms for dinner every night. I did have the drinks of the day though!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc ... next time I will make sure I go to plutos, and order room service for mickey bars.... We were going to do it the last night, but it was midnight and we needed to get up early to get off the ship :guilty:

I wish I would have toured the bridge and spent more time on the ship while it was in all the ports.

From HP Book 3 - Prisoner of Azkaban

Wished I had one of those babies - I'd still be there! (In Quiet Cove, to be exact)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter