• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there anyway to log out of the passholder site?

dcgrumpy

<font color=blue>Doesn't give a ... darn<br><font
I made the mistake of checking the box to save my info, but now I want to log in under DH's AP and it automatically logs into mine.

Clear your cookies.

If you have IE, go to tools, internet options, delete cookies.

thanks, I was using Mozilla and I can't figure out how to clear cookies there. LOL

I ended up opening IE to get in

dcgrumpy said:
I mad the mistake of checking the box to save my info, but now I won't to log in under DH's AP and it automatically logs into mine.
I have never checked the box to save my info but have a similar problem with the AP holders web site. I log in to the site, check some rates, whatever, then close my browser window. Over an hour later I can open a new browser window, type in the URL for the site and I'm right back in without logging in!

Edited to say: I just looked inside the cookie that Disney leaves behind and it has my AP info stored in it, even though I didn't ever check that box to have it save my AP info... So I imagine it is using that to log me back in automatically. It does time out eventually and make me log back in.

So be aware that even in you do not check the box, it does seem to save some AP info in a cookie that it will use for some period of time before giving you the option to log in under a different AP.

LisaS said:
I have never checked the box to save my info but have a similar problem with the AP holders web site. I log in to the site, check some rates, whatever, then close my browser window. Over an hour later I can open a new browser window, type in the URL for the site and I'm right back in without logging in!

Edited to say: I just looked inside the cookie that Disney leaves behind and it has my AP info stored in it, even though I didn't ever check that box to have it save my AP info... So I imagine it is using that to log me back in automatically. It does time out eventually and make me log back in.

So be aware that even in you do not check the box, it does seem to save some AP info in a cookie that it will use for some period of time before giving you the option to log in under a different AP.
Suspected that they were using cookies extensively... verrrrrry innnnteresting...

If you shut down your connection to internet, then turn it back on you will get back to the login screen without having to clear cookies.

For those of you with Broadband, it's not that big of a deal. It simply means turn off your modems, wait about 30 seconds and turn it back on, just make certain that all of your browsers have been closed before you do so. This is how I did it last night and this morning.

For those of you with dial-up I'd suspect that you'd have to end your call, and then re-dial in. Kind of a pain plus the fact that you waste a call. The cookie option might be the best.

I tried opening up a different browser and clearing cookies, but that actually didn't work unless I broke my connection to the internet. It is more than possible, however, that my ISP's browser is actually using the same Cookie folder as IE.

I think the whole idea behind no logoff is that they want you to have to get completely out of the site before booking a 2nd room.

Brian

DemoBri1 said:
If you shut down your connection to internet, then turn it back on you will get back to the login screen without having to clear cookies.
For those of you with Broadband, it's not that big of a deal. It simply means turn off your modems, wait about 30 seconds and turn it back on, just make certain that all of your browsers have been closed before you do so. This is how I did it last night and this morning.
I beg to differ.. it may not be a big deal for you to drop your internet connection, but I do far more on the internet than browse the Disney site! It is a real pain for me to have to log back on to 4 or 5 different connections just because I want to disconnect from the passholders site!
DemoBri1 said:
I tried opening up a different browser and clearing cookies, but that actually didn't work unless I broke my connection to the internet. It is more than possible, however, that my ISP's browser is actually using the same Cookie folder as IE.
I assume you are using something like AOL or SBC DSL ("my ISP's browser"). Those are just interfaces built on top of IE, so yes, it is probably using the same folders IE is using as it is still IE!
DemoBri1 said:
I think the whole idea behind no logoff is that they want you to have to get completely out of the site before booking a 2nd room.
Brian
But that is the purpose of a logoff. Not to mention that it is terribly insecure to allow the use of the back button or a persistent connection on a site that can commit you to spending thousands of dollars. Yeah, there has to be credit card info, but many people store that right on the pc (eeek!), and it probably wouldn't be hard for a mischevious 10 year old to find a statement in the trash and decide the family needs a vacation!

gully...you really need to read through my entire post before responding. If you read it carefully I did say that this methodology could be a bit painful, especially for those using dial-up. I did make the suggestion of using the delete cookies method, but there are some people out there that don't know how to perform this action, and I was merely trying to give them another workaround.

Regarding the logoff issue, what I meant was actually getting totally off disneyworld.com/passholder, not simply logging off. While driving us crazy it would open an additional node for someone to get back on the server.

BTW, not all ISP browsers are built off IE. Some are proprietary, some use Netscape. Just an fyi ;)

DemoBri1 said:
gully...you really need to read through my entire post before responding. If you read it carefully I did say that this methodology could be a bit painful, especially for those using dial-up. I did make the suggestion of using the delete cookies method, but there are some people out there that don't know how to perform this action, and I was merely trying to give them another workaround.

Regarding the logoff issue, what I meant was actually getting totally off disneyworld.com/passholder, not simply logging off. While driving us crazy it would open an additional node for someone to get back on the server.

BTW, not all ISP browsers are built off IE. Some are proprietary, some use Netscape. Just an fyi ;)
Easy there, we both feel the same way about the logoff, so that is a good thing. I am in fact on broadband, but I am also usually on a VPN and connected to 3 or 4 pc's as well as a couple of servers 900 miles away, so it is rather impossible for me just unplug my modem. Not to mention that there are 6 other pcs scattered around the house that use the same internet connection. Actually a "logoff" button does exactly what you suggest: it releases resources for reuse, closing any connections that might be open. It isn't (or at least it shouldn't be) necessary to completely leave the passholder site, as the only time you should have a connection to anything beyond the web server is when you are querying for reservations (ignoring any content management database they might be using... that shouldn't play into any of these difficulties). I have no idea exactly what they are doing to persist the logon.. probably cookie based, but I haven't looked into it close enough to say, not that I am well-enough versed in web programming to say even then! If you do, I'd appreciate some education!

Apologies if my browser assumption was incorrect. You didn't specify an ISP or a browser type (though I doubt any use each other's cookies, it is possible- I use firefox on my xp box, and it does not use IE's cookies, and Lynx and Mozilla run on separate Gentoo boxes, so I know they don't :) !), so I took a shot in the dark. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose ;)!

Take care, and thanks for your responses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter