Is there any difference between leaving from NRT or HND after Tokyo Disney?

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
I am starting to research our flights for our July trip, and I just wanted to see if either airport is easier to use when leaving from Tokyo Disney. I will probably book the flights soon and not wait until the final payment in March because I saw on the ABD website that our tour date is full and there is a waitlist.

Last edited:
Haneda airport is closer and more convenient than Narita airport. You might have more options available through Narita, however. Historically, Narita was the international gateway but now Haneda has more international flights than it previously did.

Before booking the flights, you might ask a Vacationista if your trip is “guaranteed to go” (i.e. Disney won’t cancel it due to the number of guests)

I did find a flight from HND that I liked and it was a few dollars cheaper than NRT. So thank you for your input. If our tour dates are listed as wait list only do you think that there is a chance it would be canceled?

I did find a flight from HND that I liked and it was a few dollars cheaper than NRT. So thank you for your input. If our tour dates are listed as wait list only do you think that there is a chance it would be canceled?
It's very unlikely that a trip that is waitlisted would be cancelled. It would need to be something like 2/3 of your trip being one party and that party cancelling or something. Unless something happens to make the trip unsafe, usually the only reason a trip would be cancelled is due to lack of people signed up. If your trip is full and has a waitlist, that's highly unlikely to happen.

Another good thing about Haneda is that they have a few flights that leave later in the day if you want to spend more time at Tokyo Disney that last day. I had zero issues flying out of Haneda.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!