Is there a movie that you cannot watch because it freaks you out?

NMAmy

Can speak food in German
DH was flipping through the channels yesterday and picked a movie and read the description to me.

"Dominion, a prequel to the Exorcist," he said all nonchalantly.

I had plenty of chalant and hollered, "NO! NO! Change the channel!!"

:lmao: I watched The Exorcist when I was 13 and couldn't sleep for 3 months. I am now 45 and have not seen it since. I refuse to have anything to do with that movie on the television when I am in the room.

DH thought this was hilarious--this had never come up in conversation between us before so he had no idea I'd freak out in this manner. He did change the channel right quick, though. :rotfl2:

So, what's your freak out movie?

Anything with Zombies or Zombie like characters in it:

Dawn of the Dead, Day of The Dead, Zombi, Zombi II, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, etc....

Ghost/exorcism movies don't scare me because I know they aren't real but the Zombies in movies such as 28 Days Later are a real life possibility with a virus or super bug...Also zombies freak me out because of what happened in Haiti in the 60's when Zombie slaves were created through administering a mixture of chemicals to induce a psychotic daze of sorts...Freaks me out big time I can't watch them without having a near panic attack, I am over exaggerating but you get he point LOL

Anything with violence towards animals or children. :sad2:

I flipped out during the scene with the horse during The Ring. :sad1:

Great question. ARACHNAPHOBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twilight. The thought of 'sparkly' vampires scares me to death. Give me Christopher Lee any day of the week.

Any pictures that show execution scenes. I had nightmares for a long time after I saw "Braveheart". That execution scene is something I never want to see again.

:lmao: I watched The Exorcist when I was 13 and couldn't sleep for 3 months. I am now 45 and have not seen it since. I refuse to have anything to do with that movie on the television when I am in the room. So, what's your freak out movie?

My very first date ever was to go see the Exorcist! I remember that movie was in the news because people were passing out and freaking out about it, it didn't even phase me. Of course, being on a date, who knows how much I was actually watching the movie. :rolleyes1

I remember when I went to see Halloween in the theaters I was freaked out for months. Every time I got in my car I had to lock the doors and I was a nervous wreck.

I will change "freaks me out" to upsets me. I can never, ever watch Sophie's Choice again. Very upsetting. Her choice wouldn't have changed anything but just that she had to make it.

Lots of chalant??! :lmao:

The minute I read your title The Exorcist popped into mind. And I've only seen bits and pieces of it (unless I've blocked it from my memory!:thumbsup2 ) but I couldn't watch that ever again!

Anything with an evil clown

It. Top of my list!

Amityville Horror freaked me out pretty well. The Exorcist didn't bother me, and my friends & I watched the Friday the 13th & Elm Street movies with no trouble.

Scary clowns, though. That's nightmare stuff!

DH was flipping through the channels yesterday and picked a movie and read the description to me.

"Dominion, a prequel to the Exorcist," he said all nonchalantly.

I had plenty of chalant and hollered, "NO! NO! Change the channel!!"

:lmao: I watched The Exorcist when I was 13 and couldn't sleep for 3 months. I am now 45 and have not seen it since. I refuse to have anything to do with that movie on the television when I am in the room.

DH thought this was hilarious--this had never come up in conversation between us before so he had no idea I'd freak out in this manner. He did change the channel right quick, though. :rotfl2:

So, what's your freak out movie?

I saw the Exorcist the day it premiered (waited on line for 2 1/2 hours) back in high school. I remember it was either late December or early January and I didn't get to sleep until my birthday which was in MARCH!! :scared1:

Scared the living CRAP out of me!!! :scared:

Anything with a clown. I can't even watch the circus episode of Scooby Doo!

The term scary clowns is just redundant to me! All clowns are scary! But, I agree with the scary clown faction here!

There are soooo many movies I would never see or see again. Movies with war violence are way up there.

But, the first thing that came to mind was "A Clockwork Orange". I didn't make it through the first viewing and I'm good with that!

For some reason The Sixth Sense really tramatized me.:confused3 Also Passion of the Christ, it was a good movie but it was so graphic I could only ever see it once- plus the demon baby scene was horrifying.:scared1:

Magic. Everytime I see a ventriloquist dummy I expect it's eyes to move and for it to talk ... alone. I get so freaked out by them! Only saw the movie once, in high school, but will never watch it again! :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter