Is there a movie that you cannot watch because it freaks you out?

I can't bring myself to watch Trilogy of Terror ever again.:scared1:

Amityville Horror. That came out when I was around 12 or so. A group of my friends went and we were actually holding hands during the movie. For months afterwards, i wouldn't go to bed without one of my parents going up too, and I've been terrified of basements ever since. I mean, a real phobia of basements. I'm a little okay with my own basement but that's only because my dog goes down with me. If she's not right there to go with me, I call her.

I also read the book, which scared me to death too.

The Ryan Reynold's version of the movie didn't affect me like that. :confused3

I get totally freaked out by Deliverance. I saw it once & I was traumatized. Also Pulp Fiction, same scenario. I guess those type of scenes really freak me out. Also those freaky Japanese horror movies with the demon kids & the crawling up walls give me the total willies :scared1:

Add me to the clown list. :faint:

And oddly, as much as I adore horror/slasher movies in general, Hellraiser is on a whole other level... freaks the bejeezus out of me every single I time I watch it, but I can't *not* watch it!

I agree that "scary clowns" is a redundant phrase. All clowns are scary, to me at least.

The one type of movie I can't watch is a horror movie. I can watch any war film, but horror movies will give me nightmares for months to come. Cripe's sake, I had nightmares after "When A Stranger Calls"!

Event Horizon was the SCARIEST sci-fi box office movie........EVER!!!!!! Does anyone else remember this one??
I had nightmares for months.....

And it's nice to know I'm not the only one in the world with an irrational fear of clowns. They creep me out--all of them, no matter what kind. I can't even watch clowns at a circus.

I will change "freaks me out" to upsets me. I can never, ever watch Sophie's Choice again. Very upsetting. Her choice wouldn't have changed anything but just that she had to make it.

That movie is so disturbing. I recently watched it again--I hadn't seen it since it came out in the theaters. Boy, I was really shocked at how young Kevin Klein and Meryl Streep were.

I saw the Exorcist the day it premiered (waited on line for 2 1/2 hours) back in high school. I remember it was either late December or early January and I didn't get to sleep until my birthday which was in MARCH!! :scared1:

Scared the living CRAP out of me!!! :scared:

:lmao: We appear to have had the same recovery time, Robin.

I've gotten so I just don't watch movies I know will bother me anymore. I remember my sister called me when she saw Seven in the theater and told me to never watch that movie under any circumstances. I followed her instructions and still haven't seen that one! ;)

My dd is another one who is freaked out by clowns. She blames it on a babysitter who had the movie It on the television but she has really been scared of clowns since she was tiny. I had a co-worker that she loved that was a clown. She would avoid him completely when he was in clown attire. When I reminded her how much she liked Robert, she told me, "I like him when he's normal. When he's a clown, he's creepy." :rotfl2:

I get totally freaked out by Deliverance.

that is totally what I was gonna say. That movie is just...ick.

I love spooky movies though. There aren't any that freak me out. The exorcist, seeing it as an adult, is more humorous (and gross at some parts) than anything.
One movie I refuse to watch ever again is "Pay it forward" because of the ending.

Well, the worst movie I've ever seen is "The Last House on the Left". It was a really, really bad movie and now THEY'VE REMADE IT! :scared1:

WHY????????????? :confused3 :scared1: :confused3

I will change "freaks me out" to upsets me. I can never, ever watch Sophie's Choice again. Very upsetting. Her choice wouldn't have changed anything but just that she had to make it.

Now I'm curious and have to watch this one.

Your sister is right, Amy...avoid the heck out of Seven. That movie was just...messed up.

I avoid the horror genre, which is weird, since I love reading ghost stories.

Your sister is right, Amy...avoid the heck out of Seven. That movie was just...messed up.

I avoid the horror genre, which is weird, since I love reading ghost stories.

Oddly enough, I READ the Exorcist and even that freaked me out. I have no idea why on earth I read the book after the movie but apparently I was a glutton for punishment at that age.

I'm fine with reading horror stuff--I love Stephen King--but so many of the movies lately are just...GROSS. No suspense really, just gore.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter