Is there a benefit to getting a Turtle Talk or other "show" FP+ ?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Is there any benefit to getting a FP for Turtle Talk or another show? Shows just occur at set times, right? Will a FP give you preferred seating or anything?

Thanks!

Excerpted from FP FAQ Post #8:
Attractions With Scheduled Times (Shows)

Reserved Area - Indicates an exclusive section for use by guests with FP. This type of FP has moderate value in terms of saving time but does secure preferred viewing.
The “worth” of this type of FP is highly subjective.

Separate Access - Indicates guests with FP are allowed into the general show area shortly before or at the same time (via a separate queue) as standby guests. This type of access has little value in terms of saving time or securing preferred viewing.

Same post lists show FPs and which type they are.

Is there any benefit to getting a FP for Turtle Talk or another show? Shows just occur at set times, right? Will a FP give you preferred seating or anything?

Thanks!

For Turtle Talk specifically I've never found a fastpass necessary since everyone waits together to get in.

For other shows it's very subjective. We always get fastpasses for our favorite shows in order to get really great seats and not have to stand in line for too long. It's worth it for us, but I know others, like PP, don't find it necessary, so I think it just depends on your priorities.

It also depends on the time of year you are visiting. Super busy times may need a FP to ensure you get in, particularly when it's something that only shows a couple times per day (Lion King, Beauty and Beast). But lighter times the FPs are not needed as the FP area won't fill up and the CMs will eventually open up the FP area for any latecomers.

It also depends on the time of year you are visiting. Super busy times may need a FP to ensure you get in, particularly when it's

something that only shows a couple times per day (Lion King, Beauty and Beast).

But lighter times the FPs are not needed as the FP area won't fill up and the CMs will eventually open up the FP area for any latecomers.

It would be very misleading to state that Lion King and Beauty and the Beast only show a couple of times per day.

I agree, typically there is limited benefit to FPs for shows. But I think it depends on your preferences. Since my family does not prefer some of the more extreme rides, there are some parks we cannot always find three attractions to FP so we on occasion use for shows to beat the crowds and get preferred seating.

I always FP the Nemo show at AK because it's one of my favorites and I have certain areas where I prefer to sit (there is no "FP seating," it's first-in, first choice). I also don't do many rides at AK; the shows are my favorite things there. (But I haven't been since Pandora opened.) I enjoy FOTLK too and usually go, but I feel more like there's "no bad seat" there; I've gone with and without FP and didn't feel it made a difference.

Turtle Talk certainly does not need a FP, unless I guess you are there on a crazy-packed closed to capacity day, and maybe not even then.

Actually, it just depends. We are a party of three all using scooters and for us it can be useful to use a fastpass for a show. Turtle Talk is not a big place; so, I can see a fastpass being useful if you want to make sure you get in at your specified time.

We use the extra magic morning hour for doing some rides without fastpass; so, then using a fastpass later in the day for a show is of value to us.

I always FP the Nemo show at AK because it's one of my favorites and I have certain areas where I prefer to sit (there is no "FP seating," it's first-in, first choice)...

Yup.
Finding Nemo the Musical is the show that can benefit most from FP+.
If you are interesting in being able to choose your favorite area to sit in that theater,
Get a FP+ and arrive at the doors no later than 45 min. before your show-time.

Have a FP and arrive 45 min early?
How early without a FP?

Finding Nemo the Musical'a seating procedure is unique.

First, all FP+ guests are allowed into the theater about 30 minutes before the upcoming show-time, and those guests can choose any seats they like.
After all FP+ guests are seated, they open the doors to any standby guests, who can choose any seats still available.
In order for a FP+ guest to have the BEST choice of preferred seats, they should arrive about 45 min. (or earlier on busy days) to be closer to the entrance doors in the FP+ line.

That also means that standby guests who arrive, say, 45 minutes before showtime, will
be ahead in the standby line of any guests who arrive nearer to show-time.
If standby guests arrive too close to show-time, they may have very few choices of seats,
if any, on a crowded day and/or busy performance.

Last edited:
How likely are same-day FP+s for shows as 4th, 5th, etc. after the first 3 are used? I know it likely varies by show, but it seems these FP+s might be easier to come by.

1. How likely are same-day FP+s for shows as 4th, 5th, etc. after the first 3 are used?
2. I know it likely varies by show, but it seems these FP+s might be easier to come by.

1. Good.
2. Some shows may not have performances later in the day.

If you choose a late day show as one of your 3 FP, then your ability to get a 4th FP may not exist (or be very limited).

Generally speaking, under most circumstances, it isn't worthwhile for most folks to FP shows most of the time. If it is your arrival/departure day it might be worthwhile.

It would also be worthwhile if, when choosing my initial 3 FP, I didn't like any of my other available choices. I'd pick a show if there was nothing else I wanted (or that worked with my schedule.)

It would also be worthwhile if, when choosing my initial 3 FP, I didn't like any of my other available choices. I'd pick a show if there was nothing else I wanted (or that worked with my schedule.)

Yup.
I've chosen the IllumiNations FP on several days (just to see first-hand why anyone would bother with it.)

But, I have then cancelled it, day-of, every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter