Is the Cabana on CC Actually Worth the Money?

We have cruised 3 times to CC. Twice we had a cabana and this last time we didn't.
That being said, to us, is the cabana worth it, yes and no.
The downside is the feeling of not wanting to leave it since you spent so much money on it. We didn't explore the island at all the first two cruises because we were tied to the cabana. The only time we left was to get food and bring it back to eat in the cabana. It was definitely nice and we don't regret doing it at all. I don't recommend it for first time cruisers on the island. The first time should be spent exploring the island, snorkeling, booking an excursion or just playing at Pelican Plunge and interacting with the characters and entertainment.
This last time we didn't have a cabana and we were able to do the Sting-rays, enjoy the small shops, played in the water, and checked out serenity bay while the kids played in the kids club on the island. We didn't get to enjoy any of that before.
If you have explored the island before, done some of the excursions, then yes, the cabana would then be worth it. You won't get the feeling of missing out or being tied down because you'll have experienced what the island has to offer.
If you are a first timer, then no, it would not be worth it.
I have to agree. Explore the island. This will be our 3rd trip to CC and the last time we spent probably only 2-3hrs there and then we were back on the ship. Very rocky beach. Too crowded and not much for non water enthusiast to do. The Cabana will be perfect for us.

Personally speaking, not worth the money to us. We are pretty much on the go when we hit Castaway Cay and rarely sit down for any length of time except for enjoying lunch.

Last edited:
Except in most cases, you can't actually see the kids in the water if you are in the cabana. The water is too far away, or there is a ledge where the sand drops down a couple of feet. The only way we could see the kids both times we had a cabana was by actually being with them by the water. That defeats the purpose of the shaded cabana.
Really? From the pictures, it looks like the cabanas are within sightline of the water.

I know they seem very popular. I just don't get it. I always get off with the first crowd and grab chairs and umbrellas in the first row of the first beach for the day. We snorkel, hang out, take the slides, have lunch and then head back to the ship for the slide there and the relative quiet. I have purchased cabanas at busy non Disney water parks just to have a place the kids know to come back to and not to have to fight for a place to Put a towel down. So I'm not opposed to cabanas at other places.

My mother always gets the cabana, (she also always books concierge). She loves it as she isn't very active on the island and likes the peaceful island paradise the cabana provides. The perks are nice, concierge service, sodas, snacks, cold towels, private shower, hammock, floats, snorkel equipment, private beach area etc. We do enjoy having it to hang out in, but my husband and I are pretty go-go-go at CC, so when it's just the two of us cruising, we never do, and never would get a cabana. IMHO, it is only worth it if you or someone in your party intends to hang out at it all day, and it's best for those who have already seen/done all CC has to offer.

This is probably a silly question, but two cabins can "split" a cabana, correct? We will be traveling with friends next February (we have reservations linked). I just noticed that they give wristbands, so I assume the room that is the "booker" will get the wristbands?

This is probably a silly question, but two cabins can "split" a cabana, correct? We will be traveling with friends next February (we have reservations linked). I just noticed that they give wristbands, so I assume the room that is the "booker" will get the wristbands?
Yes and yes.

Yes...it's worth it. We're Platinum so we usually can get one. If you are not Platinum, the chances are slim to none. If you are worried about costs, we have shared a cabana with another group on a couple of occasions and it has worked out great. You get 6 in for the cost of the cabana but you can add as many as you want at $50 each. 8 people can easily fit in the smaller cabana and 20 in the party cabana.

The cold face towels alone make it worth the price

Yes...it's worth it. We're Platinum so we usually can get one. If you are not Platinum, the chances are slim to none. If you are worried about costs, we have shared a cabana with another group on a couple of occasions and it has worked out great. You get 6 in for the cost of the cabana but you can add as many as you want at $50 each. 8 people can easily fit in the smaller cabana and 20 in the party cabana.

The cold face towels alone make it worth the price
Agreed. The quiet section of beach, not fighting for a hammock, having a cool fresh water shower to rinse off, safe to store your valuables, island music playing through the speakers, cans of soda, bottles of water, not having to drag towels from the boat, and a quiet place out of the sun to enjoy my lunch make it all worth it to me.

Platinum does make it much easier to get one..................and I would be willing to reserve one on all of our cruises going forward. Since we live in Orlando and don't do excursions, we dont feel it in the pocket book when we have to pay for the cabana like someone else that has those expenses.

Last edited:
Now that I have done the cabana on Serenity Bay with my DH and FIL and MIL, I can officially say that I do think that the cabanas are worth it... At least on Serenity Bay.

We loved having a place to change, sit, nap, having Evian water, snacks, fruits and soft drinks and floats right away. The cold towels were nice. Loved having free bike rental. Having a shower. Loved having a safe to leave our ID and cameras without fear of getting robbed. Loved having someone to drive us to the BBQ during lunch time and directly to the ship at the end of the day...

It was so "private"...

There is nothing I did not love about having a cabana.

Last edited:
For us yes. My sister has bad skin issues so doesnt really sit out in sun too long and cant go in the sea water. So it was nice for her to be in the cabana...

Agreed. The quiet section of beach, not fighting for a hammock, having a cool fresh water shower to rinse off, safe to store your valuables, island music playing through the speakers, cans of soda, bottles of water, not having to drag towels from the boat, and a quiet place out of the sun to enjoy my lunch make it all worth it to me.

This ^ exactly. It was worth every penny we spent on it and we would do it again in a heartbeat.

Ok, I've read through this whole thread and while touched upon it's not clear. We were able to snag a serenity bay cabana for our June 10 western. We are platinum so have been there done that with everything on the island. There are 3 of us, my son just turned 19 and this will be his first cruise as an "adult". The amenities sound nice. The thing that always kept me from using serenity bay was the distance to get to and back from the ship. I've seen some post about getting a golf cart ride. If that were pretty much guaranteed to the cabana I'd be more sure I wanted to keep it. I just don't want to waste a lot of time "commuting". What do you think?

Ok, I've read through this whole thread and while touched upon it's not clear. We were able to snag a serenity bay cabana for our June 10 western. We are platinum so have been there done that with everything on the island. There are 3 of us, my son just turned 19 and this will be his first cruise as an "adult". The amenities sound nice. The thing that always kept me from using serenity bay was the distance to get to and back from the ship. I've seen some post about getting a golf cart ride. If that were pretty much guaranteed to the cabana I'd be more sure I wanted to keep it. I just don't want to waste a lot of time "commuting". What do you think?

Depends upon who is staffing that day. We have been driven straight back to the ship, other times walked back. Never been driven from the ship to the cabana.

lmj23, you will be assured a golf cart ride from and to at least the cabana check-in, just depending on how busy they are you do not expect instant pick-up getting back for all seem to leave their cabanas within a 30 minute window where all all there and turning around you are one of a few cabana's left occupied. You made need to wait for pick-up back and if it is not during the rush when all seem to leave, it may be back to the shuttle hub by the ship. Getting picked up from the ships shuttle hub I have never seen but recognize its Serenity, it is a commute regardless of a shuttle and cart or cart all the way to the cabana.

we had to walk from the boat to the island tram and then take the tram all the way over to serenity bay...
no golf cart..

at the end of the day, we waited until it was very late...so i do believe they transported us by golfcart all the way from the cabana to the ship....but i don't remember...

We have rented cabanas several times, both on family beach and SB. Only once were we actually driven all the way back to the ship.
It was great, wish they did it every time. We love to soak up every minute of that cabana.

WE LOVE THE CABANAS!!!!

When we did it in Feb (Serenity Bay), we walked to the first tram stop, then took the tram to the transfer point, transferred, and were met by a golf cart at Serenity Bay. We were able to call for the cart when my dad needed to go to the bathroom or was ready for lunch, and then at the end of the day. If it was just my mom or me going to the bathroom or the bar or something we'd walk, but with my dad's hip the golf cart thing was awesome. We had to wait a few minutes at lunch, but it wasn't a big deal. (There was only one glitch where our button signaled the host, but Mom had gone back to the ship, Daddy was napping, and I was reading - so none of us knew what happened there.)

Then when Daddy and I were ready to go, we pushed the button and he came and got us. We just missed the tram to the transfer point, so he took us that far on the golf cart, then we took the other tram and then walked the little bit left to the ship.

We have rented cabanas several times, both on family beach and SB. Only once were we actually driven all the way back to the ship.
It was great, wish they did it every time. We love to soak up every minute of that cabana.

WE LOVE THE CABANAS!!!!

I'm only Silver, so I will stalk it and hope one becomes available! Fingers crossed! :shamrock::shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter