Is the app more accurate on the website?

OldSchoolReasons

DIS Veteran
Just had a look in the app for my Hong Kong visit and it says that the Grizzly Mountain Mine Cars are closed on my visit. Cross-referenced with the website but it only seems to offer closures a week out.

Should I reschedule my trip to later in the week (when the app says it'll be open) or is this likely to change? It's thrown a real spanner in the works.

May 28/29? Looks like routine maintenance. They take each ride down for a few days a couple times each year to do things that pretty much every other park does at night. You should call them and get a CM on the line to check for you (852-3550-3388). Also ask if there's any closures or private events on the days you plan to switch to. Sometimes attractions aren't closed but their hours will be cut drastically short due to a company booking a land for an employee event or something.

In general, there will be things closed that are not shown on either the app or the website but if either shows something as closed, it's usually closed.

May 28/29? Looks like routine maintenance. They take each ride down for a few days a couple times each year to do things that pretty much every other park does at night. You should call them and get a CM on the line to check for you (852-3550-3388). Also ask if there's any closures or private events on the days you plan to switch to. Sometimes attractions aren't closed but their hours will be cut drastically short due to a company booking a land for an employee event or something.

In general, there will be things closed that are not shown on either the app or the website but if either shows something as closed, it's usually closed.

Yep May 28/29! I can go on the 30th so will shuffle my days along. Didn't think of calling, that's such a good idea. At least I have a couple of weeks to prepare, looks like I won't have my Shanghai hours until 10 days before and I'll already be in Hong Kong by then.

Just checked the app and they've extended it to the 30th too, what a shame! Guess it's not meant to be. At least it's not Mystic Manor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!