Is Star Tours jerky?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
I know it’s a simulator but do you get bounced around? Also would it be scary for a four year old?

I know it’s a simulator but do you get bounced around? Also would it be scary for a four year old?
I’ve taken a 4 yr old Star Wars fan on it and they loved it. Each kid is so different. It does bounce you around.

It is pretty rough, but ended up being my 4.5 yr old's favorite ride. If the child was familiar with star wars I would say that it wouldn't be scary.

I had to ask to sit in the middle last year. There is much more movement if you're sitting along an edge, and my tummy just can't handle it.

Just a different data point; I've been on it when there was what I'd estimate as a 5 year old and the poor guy screamed in panic the whole ride... Just know your kid, as some of them would eat it up, some would hate it.

As for "jerky" I'd say yes, I find it a lot more jerky than FoP, for instance. But, our family younglings always enjoyed it, as well as us oldlings. lol

You certainly do get jostled about. As far as fear, that depends on your kiddo!

My kids have always loved Star Tours.
I find it jerky. The movement plus the 3D makes it the only attraction at WDW that makes me motion sick. I have to close my eyes the whole time. My kids love it, so I do it.

You do get bounced around, especially if you get the one scene where you go underwater. There's a "creature" (sorry not a Star Wars guy) that latches onto you and shakes your vehicle side to side. I felt tossed around more in Body Wars than Star Tours but your mileage may vary.

We were on this ride many...MANY...times this past week (my son is a huge SW fan) and I have to say that it depends on which "tour" you get. Some were pretty rough and some were milder. If your child is familiar with Star Wars...it should not be very scary for them.

My DGD loved it at 4, 5 and 6
It makes me sick, so someone else has to take her

When mine were that age, they loved it, and they still do. It does a little bouncy jostling but I don't think extreme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter