Is it worth the switch?

Keep BWI! We'll be at BWV next week for second half of a split stay. It's not our favorite resort, but it is our favorite LOCATION! You can get to EPCOT or the Studios in a flash which makes mid day swims and/or naps easy.

We're at BWV again in October. Think of the 2 hours a day R/T on a bus - what a waste. Divide the $638 by the number of hours a day on a bus and see what happens. Time is money at WDW.

Enjoy your trip!

Keep BWI! We'll be at BWV next week for second half of a split stay. It's not our favorite resort, but it is our favorite LOCATION! You can get to EPCOT or the Studios in a flash which makes mid day swims and/or naps easy.

We're at BWV again in October. Think of the 2 hours a day R/T on a bus - what a waste. Divide the $638 by the number of hours a day on a bus and see what happens. Time is money at WDW.

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you!

We very much preferred the QS options at POR over BWI. It's a quick walk/boat ride from POFQ to POR. Although, I'm sure POFQ has great QS as well, we've never tried it.

I'm in the minority, but I would have stayed at BWI.
Walking back to your room from EPCOT is worth a lot to us.
But we also go to HS, so we can walk there as well.
We don't spend that much time at DS so being close to it isn't that important to us.
Before we joined DVC, we used to stay at PO Riverside and enjoyed it.

We don't spend that much time at DS so being close to it isn't that important to us.

Thank you. I was in between PORS and FQ, but everyone convinced me to go with FQ.

As someone sort of in your boat, we made the switch in March, but opposite. We had POFQ booked but switched to Wilderness Lodge because we wanted to take advantage of the Deluxe Hours. We also want to take mid-day breaks each day and eat at our resort more and WL was much more appealing in those aspects. Also, we have never been able to stay Deluxe and this may be the last time we get to take our girls before they are out of the house, so wanted to have that experience with them.

I will say, though, I love POFQ. DH and I honeymooned there back in 2007 and we adored it. It is a great resort, and you will have a great vacation!

As someone sort of in your boat, we made the switch in March, but opposite. We had POFQ booked but switched to Wilderness Lodge because we wanted to take advantage of the Deluxe Hours. We also want to take mid-day breaks each day and eat at our resort more and WL was much more appealing in those aspects. Also, we have never been able to stay Deluxe and this may be the last time we get to take our girls before they are out of the house, so wanted to have that experience with them.

I will say, though, I love POFQ. DH and I honeymooned there back in 2007 and we adored it. It is a great resort, and you will have a great vacation!

Thank you! We aren’t the type anyway to go back to our room. We don’t spend the day in the parks. We usually go to the parks in the afternoon until the evening. Have a great time as well!

I would always choose Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht (and Swan and Dolphin but bit of a different animal) for their location. Being able to walk to two parks is a huge perk and it’s worth a premium price. That being said “premium” doesn’t mean stupidly outrageous which is where I would classify BW, yacht and beach last time I looked.

Edit to add: Out of curiosity I just checked rates (random dates in august) and they seem to have fallen somewhat back to earth. At one point if you were booking for this spring standard rooms at beach, yacht and bw were around $800. Now I’m seeing closer to $500 which honestly puts them into consideration.

Last edited:
I would always choose Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht (and Swan and Dolphin but bit of a different animal) for their location. Being able to walk to two parks is a huge perk and it’s worth a premium price. That being said “premium” doesn’t mean stupidly outrageous which is where I would classify BW, yacht and beach last time I looked.

Thank you!

I know you already changed. Everyone has different preferences. I didn't really like POFQ, but loved CBR and practically hated CSR.

POFQ just felt very "cluttered" to me. It doesn't have as many guests, but I just felt as if there was always a bunch of activity going on with the golf carts and the people going by.

I haven't stayed at BWI, but we did the Swan a couple years ago, and being able to walk to Epcot was amazing.

If I could comfortably afford BWI, then that's what I would choose. If I was going to have to cut something else from my trip, then I'd do POFQ, if it felt necessary.

I would do POFQ and use the money on ubers, table service, and dessert without thinking twice. If it were a longer trip I would split it up because I do want to stay at a deluxe one day.

Don't forget the Monday/Weds late night deluxe hours. If that's your trip, I'd keep BWI just for those. PO doesn't get them, and BW does. If not, $700 is a lot of money, and I'd probably switch. And don't count out Swan and Dolphin (also considered deluxe), they can do wild things with pricing, low and high.

Thank you all. I decided to go with POFQ. Just called (was on hold for about a half hour). The CM was wonderful and told me how much she loves the FQ. I went with a king and she put in a request for buildings 3 or 4. Any advice or tips? Thanks again!
Port Orleans French Quarter is one of our favorite resorts. Be sure to check out this fan page.
https://www.portorleans.org/

Quick service is ok,,,remember you have a very short walk to PORS as well and use their QS for even more options. Or a short boat ride to DS for great food options

This posted.

We visit WDW twice a year (DVC) and stay for 7 nights or more when we visit. We are not park commando and have not been for a long time. We like to have a variety of meals - QS and TS in the parks, resorts and DS. When we stay at one of our resorts (OKW), we take a boat ride to DS, hop right over to the boat docked next to the one we got off and go to POR/FQ for dinner. It is worth the trip for us. It's a night out. We look for different selections. The same way TS restaurants cater to different foods (steak, burgers, Mexican), you will find different offerings at all the QS stops.

Don't over think it. I bet you will be back soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter