Is it worth the switch?

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

As some background info, we are a couple in our 30's with no kids going to WDW this July. Right now, under the Disney+ discount, we have BWI booked (Garden view). The parks we are going to are MK and Epcot. We could save $683 if we switched to POFQ. Do you think it's worth the savings? I am so confused! We stayed at CSR and loved it, and I stayed at CBR resort and thought it was ok. Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you,

I've stayed at both BWI and POFQ 4 times each. I have only stayed at Deluxe resorts when I've gotten a really good discount...30% or more. The reason to stay at BWI is if u will spend lots of time in your room and like having a balcony with a view. POFQ is motel style, so I don't usually spend a lot of time in the room since people can be walking by your windows and obstructing any view at any time. No denying that the greatest benefit of staying at BWI is that u can walk to 2 parks. However, there's not much shade on those walks and you're going in the heat of FL summer. The Port Orleans resort area has a lot more shady spots. One of my favorite things about Port Orleans is the boat to Disney Springs. I also love the overall atmosphere at both POFQ and POR....so much more relaxing. I can't wait to go again for my trip in November. I would normally never go to WDW in July or August....the only times I did were for conferences. If I did have to go in July, I think I would choose POFQ and bus it to EP and HS.....as always, this is just my humble opinion. Either way you'll have a good time.

How long are u going for? A week?

I've stayed at both BWI and POFQ 4 times each. I have only stayed at Deluxe resorts when I've gotten a really good discount...30% or more. The reason to stay at BWI is if u will spend lots of time in your room and like having a balcony with a view. POFQ is motel style, so I don't usually spend a lot of time in the room since people can be walking by your windows and obstructing any view at any time. No denying that the greatest benefit of staying at BWI is that u can walk to 2 parks. However, there's not much shade on those walks and you're going in the heat of FL summer. The Port Orleans resort area has a lot more shady spots. One of my favorite things about Port Orleans is the boat to Disney Springs. I also love the overall atmosphere at both POFQ and POR....so much more relaxing. I can't wait to go again for my trip in November. I would normally never go to WDW in July or August....the only times I did were for conferences. If I did have to go in July, I think I would choose POFQ and bus it to EP and HS.....as always, this is just my humble opinion. Either way you'll have a good time.

How long are u going for? A week?

Thank you! We are going for three nights and four days.

POFQ is nice for what it is I like it, but it's a different category ..if the savings can be used to do something you weren't going to do other wise then go for it, if not I still prefer BWI

I would also say it IS worth the price difference If you'll be going back to your room throughout day

Price aside I prefer POFQ, it’s smaller, less crowded, love the pool, you can boat ride to Disney springs…also beignets. Transportation is usually pretty good. Nothing wrong with BWI I enjoyed my stay there but it’s not $700 better imo.
This. POFQ is beautiful - way less crowded, etc. I’m a huge fan. It’s my favorite place when not staying on points. Even with the bus ride to Epcot, I’d still do it in a heartbeat.

If you will be spending a lot of time/most of your time in the parks, I would consider switching $700 is a significant savings. $200-$300 - difference, BWI for sure.

Having said that, we love, love the Epcot resorts (DVC owner).

Thank you all. I decided to go with POFQ. Just called (was on hold for about a half hour). The CM was wonderful and told me how much she loves the FQ. I went with a king and she put in a request for buildings 3 or 4. Any advice or tips? Thanks again!
Building 4 is my favourite standard location. It’s close to the buses.
Building 4 or 5 are my favourite garden locations.
Enjoy! 😃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter