Is it too late?

NoodlesMom

DIS Veteran
We are arriving at Disney on June 5 (9 days :cool1:). I have free QS dinning. Is it too late for me to upgrade to the regular dinning plan?

no it is not too late - you can add the dining plan up to 72 hours before arrival day so upgrading would also be allowed

...but you may be charged an extra $50 to make the change at this late date. Used to be that they never charged the change fee to upgrade (because you were paying them more, lol) but there have been reports lately that people have been charged the change fee even for upgrades. We were never charged, so maybe you won't be either (have upgraded both room & dining plan at less than two weeks out and no extra fee.)

As the PP stated, no it's not too late, but before I would upgrade I would go to the online dining reservations to be able to make sure you can get a few ADR's at restaurants you are interested in first. Just to be on the safe side! :thumbsup2

You may not be charged $50 (they usually waive this fee for upgrading) but you may be charged $15 for making a change to your package within two weeks of arrival.

We are going in July, and I just upgraded our food plan. But the first thing I did was go online and booked all my TS reservations to make sure they were still available. I got all but Le Cellier so I was pretty happy about that and I was thrilled that I got the Princess breakfast at this late date. Good luck on getting reservations!

I strongly suggest making your ADRs before upgrading. You don't want to take the risk of upgrading, and then finding out you won't be able to use your TS credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter