Is Dine with Shamu worth it?

simba_one

"I wash my hands of this weirdness!"
I am thinking about doing the Dine with Shamu buffet SeaWorld next trip and was just wondering whether anyone had done it already?

It's not a lot money-wise so we'll probably do it no matter what but I was just wondering if anyone could tell us what it's like? How many tables are in the area and how often do you actually see Shamu?

Would you recommend it?

*EDIT*

Never mind, I found a topic... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1434069 Must need my glasses!! Lol.

We did Breakfast with Shamu and had a table right next to the tank - great view of the whales as they swam around. This is not the show "Believe" just a time to watch and ask questions as the whales swim in the tanks behind the performing area. There were probably 40-50 tables and some were several tables away from the tank but kids would get up and go between the tables to get a better view - good food and a nice way to start the day or take a break ;)

Lot depends on the age of the child and just how interested they are in the whales. Just got back last night and my 9 year old had been dying to do it. Afterwards, we all agreed with the 11 year old. It was nice to do once, but never again.

Also, we took the tour bus down to San Diego and found that doing this cost us a lot of time in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter